On going nausea so Primary ordering testing--to rule out other possibilities

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yanksgirl, May 7, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

I have had such bad nausea--and my head pressure can be really bad--and no nausea, and I can function fairly well--though that isn't pleasant for sure!
    However, the daily nausea--on a scale of 4 to 8 (with no throwing up), can make one miserable for sure. Saw my primary and told him it is somewhat relieved when I head to the bathroom--3 or 4 times (because it either has to come out one way or another--sorry--but that is how it is).
    He wants an endoscopy and a CT scan run, just to 'be sure'. So--I've had both and 2 of the Endo's in the past were uncomfortable due to not having the anesthesia given soon enough or not enough to keep you under until the tube is out! Two were 'no big deal'! The CT scan is no big deal either.
    I doubt that either is going to give any answers--as I feel all my symptoms are probably due to the inner ear problem but then I wonder--since the nausea is so intense--regardless of the dizziness/head pressure, etc. from the MM. Anyway, ruling out things does help. I told him depression/anxiety can cause the same symptoms--he agrees--and I have both, but don't let it keep me from 'living life'---just not truly enjoying it! Like many here, we have to keep on keeping on--or become a 'recluse' and I refuse to let this thing do that.
    So, I'll let you know if all is 'ok' after the tests. Strange, but I almost wish something would show up that can be 'treated' and at least some of what I'm dealing with would be helped! :)

2. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

I was down recently for three to four days with nausea. I never vomited but was wishing it would happen so I could feel better. The only thing I ate during that time was popsicles. Even days after I got out of the bed I still didn't have any appetite. I assumed it was viral because my little guy had been sick a couple of days before me. Hope the tests are conclusive about what is causing this nausea and you get relief. My only bright spot was the weight I lost, I kept saying to myself beach body beach body.

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

I'm 'way past' trying for a 'beach body'! LOL
    The nausea I'm having has been daily for months but worse the last several weeks--some days a 3 or 4 but many days a 6 to 8 on the scale of 1 to 10! I did lose for awhile, but lately, when it eases I eat like crazy--and all the 'good stuff'. So, not losing weight and even gained back a few that I had lost early on. :(

4. Donamo

Donamo Guest

Yes, you've been having trouble with this for months. I really hope they find the cause, you really have to suspect something other than MM after a while don't you? Good luck Yanksgirl

hugs

5. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

Well, my endoscopy shows my entire stomach is very red and irritated. no lesions but the doctor did do a pyelori virus biopsy--to see if that is present that can cause ulcers, pain etc. She sent the outcome of the test to my doctor and is recommending a prescription med for 'reflux', which I don't really have often, but evidently do more than I realize, thus the irritation in the stomach lining. I am awaiting the scheduling of the CT scan of the abdomen. That should be soon too. The Zofran my primary prescribed so far isn't helping much with nausea. It's not as bad but it makes me very sleepy too. I think alot of my nausea issues are anxiety related, so not sure the zofran will help. We'll see. If I have a bad episode of nausea and take it and it helps, that would be good. Just the daily 4 to 6 scale up and down nausea, I'm not sure it is going to help. I remember when I had vertigo and was throwing up badly, it was a miracle drug for sure! Anyway :)