What you have to say is important.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gardenfish, Sep 28, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Some questions have been asked dozens and dozens of times. That is why this forum is here - it is an information repository and exchange. Ask a question and /or give your opinion. That is what fuels this place Ray has given to us all.
    Regards,
    Paul

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I believe that to be true as well. I know I drove certain forum members crazy for the first year or so asking, reasking, and asking questions that were pretty much the same. Not once, did I ever get a short reply or a "not again" attitude, to be honest if I had I would propably never posted or asked any more questions. But instead I was met with warmth, knowledge, understanding, and above all Patience. Linda,Radar,Headnoise,Gardenfish,Skeeter,Stormie...were angels. I am guilty of not having patience or the will to post when people ask questions that are redundant...I have to remember the kindness bestowed upon me and try to be more patient.

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I would like to add for the sake of those arriving for the first time, please ask your questions. We have a whole new site here, and have lost loads of good info. The only way to build it back up is to post, ask your questions, and share your stories. Someone will be able to answer, and we will once again have a wealth of helpful info.

4. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

I love watching the growth in people. They come and are scared. feel silly asking questions, then they ask away and soon they are answering questions and telling everybody it is OK !!!

God Bless,
    Mike

5. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

T, I remember your posts and your myriad of questions. That word question has q u e s t in it and that is what we were all doing when we joined. I discovered often that I would pose a question and folks would remark that they had wanted to ask the same thing as well but were shy or awkward about it. There is the marvel that happens when the notsonew folks take over from those of us who have answered and asked hundreds of questions. The wonderful cycle revolves and people become knowledgeable enough to share same with the new folks. what a wonderful experience that is, to learn and to share that learning.
    Paul

6. pardonme

pardonme Guest

7. NurseMom

NurseMom New Member

Mike- it is interesting that you mention this. I can remember Linda telling me that she couldn't believe the change in me from the time that I first joined the forum until the point that she was talking to me at the time. I was SO lost when I first signed on here. I was confused about everything in life, scared to death of the symptoms and had been so sick for so long that I was isolating myself.
    Over time, in much thanks to meeting some special people on this forum.... I was able to slowly get back a big part of me that was initially lost. I still have a ways to go-- but I look at how far I have come to.
    So- yes, all you newbies and long-timers..... don't hesitate to ask questions. There is no such thing as a stupid question or feeling.
    I want to say thank you to all of those who answered my questions when I first joined the forum almost 3 years ago. I wasn't very social to begin with- out of fear...... but I am SO thankful for the help and the friendships that I will cherish always from this site.

8. Spinner

Spinner New Member

Well Paul, nothing I have to say is really important. ;) ;D I hope to keep it that way! :)

That said ask away, because if you ask it, it is almost assured someone was wondering about it. :)

9. sparksmith

sparksmith New Member

Yes Di it is great to see you post and help and hearing about how uncomfortable you were when you started. No one would believe that now until they have experienced it for themselves. Thank you for your friendship though we have not met in person I am sure that day will come. If not here then in the on the other side.

God Bless,
    Mike

10. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

thanks GF

totally relate to DI

11. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Sounds just like me. When I first came here I was very scared and in a lot of pain. I stay here now mostly because I want to give back to the newcomers (and of coarse because you are all so great here too).
    Gwen

12. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Yes, I agree. This site has worked for many years. It works because there are still enough people in this world who want to help others. And one way to help is to listen to others and to share experiences.

W

13. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Never realized that, but YES - you are absolutely right!!!

14. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

I feel like quoting every post before me! :D So many times I have read something someone has posted whether it be starting a thread or just a response in one and found words for what I had been feeling. I don't initiate a lot of threads, but enjoy reading what others have asked and others have said and the twists and turns a thread can take.

I seem to miss many threads or come into them late, but this site and what and who is/are on it has helped many people! We keep on asking, venting, comforting and giving to each other. That is what we are hear for. I've said it many times but I love the people here, even the ones I have not met and may never meet but you are all my special, special friends.

15. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

bump it up

16. Mnme

Mnme Guest

I agree that being a forum member here creates a sort of cyclical process. The initial questions start off very much the same...as does the written/unwritten fear. But after a while, the unique personalities and circumstances start to filter through. Then one of these will provide something that the rest of us may not have even known we needed to learn!

I used to be a very active member, but I am currently going through a phase in this cyclical process where I tend to read and absorb more... so I'm currently not outwardly giving all that much back. But I know that some time soon I'll be back trying to offer a few ideas/info/support. And no doubt, to learn some more. It's all important.

Good thread Paul.

Lee.

17. Titus

Titus New Member

.....And it's very important for those of us who have been here awhile to be able to help others find answers. Helping is something very positive for the person being helped and the person doing the helping. So much was taken away from so many of us.......our lives, in some cases, have changed a great deal. Allowing us the honor to provide anyone with information or encouragement is a blessing to us. :)

Great thread, Paul.

Hi Lee.....miss ya

18. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I was feeling very down one day, and posted, and got an inspiring answer from someone in Australia immediately. It made me feel so much better. I am so thankful for this site. That someone so far away could reach out and touch me that way.......very cool. Lisa

19. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Just because a person is new does not mean they have nothing to contribute. Many the time have I learned some useful perspective from someone who just signed on. Also, the new posts weeping of desperation remind me that I once was so lost and then I found this place.Most of the people from that time are long gone now. I hope that is because they are feeling good.
    Paul

20. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Perfect Titus! Could not have said it better!