Determination, Courage and Strength

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dpa62, Apr 4, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

pardonme, Seadon, Aladdin, Marty, Linda, me, Stacy, Amanda, Charisse, bramsey, Charlessj, dozens and dozens more = determination, strength and courage

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Thank you, GF. I'm glad you included yourself!

3. highway

highway New Member

I like this topic. I nominate all the people who have been here for years and keep coming back to answer the same questions over and over. Now that is dedication!

4. Slim

Slim New Member

I am new here. Was diagnosed with the Menire's last week at the Shea Clinic in Memphis.

5. Joanne5170

Joanne5170 New Member

I was so lucky to find this forum in 2000. I still return to the forum to learn about possible new
    meds. etc. I also need to be with others who really understand what menieres is. We look healthy most of the
    time so our family friends dont really have understanding of how horrific this disease is.

It was DETERMINATION THAT I WAS GOING TO CONQUER THIS MONSTER DISEASE
    IT TOOK COURAGE TO GO TO CALIF FOR THE VNS
    IT TOOK STRENGTH TO GET BETTER

ITS BEEN 8 YEARS - I STILL KNOW THE MONSTER IS WITH ME TINNITUS LEFT EAR HEARING LOSS AND DAYS
    WHEN I FEEL SOMEWHAT DRUNK.

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS AND KNOW IT COULD ALL END TOMORROW. THE MENIERES FORUM IS GREAT
    PLACE FOR FOLKS LIKE US jOAN

6. alenasmommy10

alenasmommy10 New Member

Thank you for this posting david. I too get down and want to curl up under a blanket and ignore work, and social obligations. But then I remember people on this site and think that if a 78 y o man can go through numerous surgeries and still live to take his great grandkids to the park than I can go to work and give evey ounce of me until it hits again. We shouldn't live our lives waiting for the next attack, we should live our lives as if there will never be another attack.

Thanks again david and best of luck

7. Roz

Roz New Member

As a new member of the forum its great to hear words of wisdom and encouragement from you and others like us who struggle with Menieres.

One person once said to me "Keep on, keeping on". We have to, otherwise we would give up eh!

My GP told me on Tues that i cant let Menieres rule my life but i should get the upper hand, its not easy at times when you cant walk straight and keep bumping into things, and your head feels like a huge ball of cotton wool. your ears sound like niagra falls.

Oh hek, im moaning, does anyone feel like this or am i alone!!!!

Sorry for the woe is me, but its so good to talk to ones who have the same complaint as me, my husband is really good but doesnt understand.