MAV 101

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dolfan, May 6, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

For those of you, who are on the fence as to what is wrong with you, take a pack of "Black Flag Roach Motels" and sleep with them in your room overnight. The Pheromones in them are a trigger for me. Nobody in my family has a problem, but me. There are no toxic chemicals in them, so they say.

2. upgrader

upgrader New Member

I believe I have mav, but I've got some ear symptoms including fullness and dizzyness, lemon bioflavonoids seem to make my symptoms worse

3. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

A lot of mavers are sensitive to citrus.

4. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

I did work for a lady who had a problem with natural gas. Her husband told me that they put her in a controlled environment for a few days and her IQ went up. As soon as they introduced gas to her, it cut her IQ. I have never heard that one before, but they have had to strip there house of all gas appliances and certain types of furniture and carpet. She told me that carrots make her cry. That one made me laugh.

5. njspingirl

njspingirl unilateral menieres..had vns and gent injections

I have neuro appt at the end of May. Def MAV here. My problem is all of the bad things I am reading about the medications they use to treat it. This rain season is killing me.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's called MCS - Multiple Chemical Sensitivities. It's a real disorder even if not many believe in it. I have it and I have insisted on having my environment stripped of smelly chemicals in my place of work. I will not enter a room that has scented candles, plug-ins, sprayed perfumed air fresheners, etc. I just will not.

It took a while to get that accommodation from my work but now they know to not insist.

7. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

scented candles and plug ins.......my wife insist on using them. I never thought that the smell of something would cause such grief. Bed, Bath and Beyond knocks me out after the first step I take in that store.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

That's too bad. You would feel much better without that extra bombardment.

9. burd

burd New Member

I have to hold my breath just walking by the entrance of that store. Going in is an impossibility if I wish to be standing on my own 3 minutes later.

10. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

OMG!!!!!!!!
    Terri you are back! Nice to see you!

11. burd

burd New Member

Hi James! :) :)

12. dizzybee

dizzybee New Member

I know what you mean about the meds. My neurologist has tried 2 with me. I try them for a couple of days, read about them, freak out and stop taking them....lol!! The last one I have, Effexor, apparently you can't get off of. Wat the heck are we to do?.. :/

13. dizzybee

dizzybee New Member

I too notice that smells in stores make very lightheaded. But I LOVE Pier1 and Kirkland's.....oh well ;)