Determination, Courage and Strength

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dpa62, Apr 4, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

Linda and Casey commented on a question that Sara wrote as a topic on the forum the other day. Sara wanted to know how I was doing at my new job. Well as Murphy's law would have it.....not very well regarding my Menieres but I did make it through the whole week of intense training and have 2 more weeks to go. What I wanted to talk about here is this....and it's in response to Linda and Casey's very nice comment about my determination. This is what I wrote back to them but then decided to turn it into a topic for everyone to read:

Thank you Linda and Casey. I have always been this way. I made it through 25 major surgeries due to having Spina Bifida so I can't let a small thing like the flu or a cold stop me. I can honestly tell you that having Menieres is about the biggest challenge I have ever faced in my life. It's not a challenge to stay alive like it was with Spina Bifida but it is a challenge to be able to hold on too a job, a relationship and in general just to have a normal life. Please don't panic! I'm not having any problems with my marriage to Tho my wife. I was using that as an example as I know that there may be some of us here that do have that particular problem because of Menieres Disease. I know it's easier said than done but having determination, courage and strength comes in handy when you have Menieres and those are some of the only attributes I have to battle this disease with other than good people like yourselves to come and write too and get advice from. This forum is a blessing. I think most all of us have those same attributes within us otherwise you wouldn't be here. You would have given up a long time ago. So I have to commend all of the people on this forum for having determination, courage and the strength to fight this disease. Yes we are going to have very bad days and then we are going to have some of the best days of our lives and I know there are a lot of you out there who suffer a great deal but you're still here to live another day. Not everyday is a bad one. I believe you are still here because of determination, courage and strength. I appreciate all the comments I received on Sara's topic about how I'm doing at my new job and I certainly appreciate Linda and Casey's comment on my determination but I want everybody to know that I have noticed everyone's determination here. We as people with an incurable disease do very well and we can live somewhat normal lives if we just realize that we will have good days and we will also have bad days. Every time I have a bad day, it's always in the back of my mind that it's going to get better and I wont spin continuously for the rest of my life. Well I just wanted to get that off of my chest. I admire everyone here for their determination, courage and strength to fight Menieres. Never give up because tomorrow is a new day and remember those three words. Determination, Courage and Strength.

David.

2. June-

June- New Member

Determination, courage and strength. This is exactly what I have come to admire about you and many here and want to emulate in my own life. My challenges, being only hearing related, are small compared to most here. I cannot tell you how I admire all of you and how much I have learned from you and not just about medical things.

3. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Bravo, well said and done David...

4. Bluesky

Bluesky New Member

Well said David.

Our hearts might be weary from our daily troubles.

Somehow and someway we must dig deep and find inner strength to face the future...whatever that is.

I won't throw in the towel, I want to get to the end..mission accomplished.

Then in heaven, I'll have a little party. ;D

Bluesky

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

One of my favorite sayings comes from a former forum member:

Begin Again

I think it says it all.

6. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

Wow!
    some really great thoughts and all of them so true.

David.

7. Daize

Daize New Member

David ~ I admire that in YOU. You bring so much to this site and everyone here has an affect not just with menieres but, with what they bring of their lives.

You and everyone here bring so much into my life with what you all are going through, and what you all tell of what is going on in your own lives of different things that is so inspiring to me.

Yes, that is what it is Determination, Courage, and Strength.

Ruth

8. Daize

Daize New Member

So true.

9. mel b

mel b New Member

David- you are great. And I agree, everyone on this site is just plain amazing. Many nights i thought I had just had it...just couldnt do it anymore....

then Id come onto the site and read what others were doing, thinking, reading their inspiring words and hearing about their victorys and struggles.....

it was this site that completely brought out the "fight" inside me

Mel B

10. hydrops

hydrops New Member

David:

This is a major adjustment phase. No small feat. As we "talked" about in another thread, try to do your best to pace yourself, one step at a time, and gradually.....you'll hit stride. Give yourself a pat on the back when you master those "small" steps, as those are the building blocks to victory.

You've been through a heckuva lot. You can beat this.

Hang in there.

11. gilbyandnanc

gilbyandnanc New Member

Wow Nice to read Positivity for a change..P.s How are those Monkey's Doing Hope you like the new Job Things always have a way of woeking Out...Cold Flu or whatever Things will work out Keep me posted.........................Next time I ma down there I will pop in

12. katzefrau

katzefrau New Member

Wow, you say 25 surgeries for Spina Bifida isn't as big a challenge as Meniere's - that says a lot!
    We admire your courage, strength & determination, David. Those are 3 good words to have as a mantra.
    katz

13. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

THis post ought to be a sticky.

14. vikx

vikx New Member

Always like to hear what you have to say David. You're helping all of us. VK

15. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

What is the process to turn a post into a sticky?
    Thank you by the way Gardenfish, I think that's a great idea.

David.

16. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Click on "Report to moderator" and ask Ray to do it.

17. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

Thank you Linda.

David.

18. DKF308

DKF308 New Member

Thank you, David. I needed those words of encouragement---Determination, Courage & Strength. That will be my mantra. Good luck at your new job. I haven't been on site for awhile & I was wondering how you were doing. You seem to be a very strong person. Thanks for helping us all.

19. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

bravery, humility, courage, positive attitude, creativity = we who live with this disease, these diseases.

20. dpa62

dpa62 Guest

Yes Paul, you are correct and those are some other great attributes to have.

David.