How many different kinds of drugs do you take?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by hollymm, Dec 9, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. June-

June- New Member

How many pills do you take a day, John?

2. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I take a lot of supplements like John but I don't have a list together yet but I will compile it.

3. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

John, do you mind if ask what the
    GABA
    lithium orotate
    pregnenolone
    resveratrol
    TMG
    are, and what they are for?

4. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Thanks God for the VNS. I do not take any pills for any ailments!

5. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

1. Verapamil
    2. Gapapentin

Yep... too much already. But it's either that or live like a 100 year old bedridden woman.

6. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

I know but my friends were being bitches about it today.

7. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

I take, at last count, about 39 separate pills, capsules, or softgels, placed once every three weeks in three double-sided week-long pill containers (the large size). The flax oil is spooned out from a refrigerated bottle.

–JOH

8. Funshine

Funshine New Member

Hctz as needed and Acyclovir 800 mgs twice a day.
    Some essential components of JOH.

9. Trinity

Trinity Bilateral Menieres 20 years, 24-7 symptoms,

I take .05 generic klonopin
    thyroid medication
    10mg of crestor, but probably need more because my cholesterol is still very high
    went off the 20mgs of prozac 2 months ago with no ill effects, do not have depression

take tons of vitamins and supplements

c 2000 to 4000mgs a day
    D 2000 twice a day
    lemonbioflavonoids twice a day
    vinpocetine 10mgs twice a day
    2000mgs of omega fish oil twice a day
    100mgs of Co-Q10 once a day
    juice plus twice a day (natural fruit and vegetable tablets that provide 7 servings of fruit and vegetables a day)
    chinese herbs from my acupuncture doctor three times a day.
    occasional probiotic

I actually am feeling better. The vertigo is burned out and my hearing is less distorted and I have gotten rid of the annoying air raid siren tinnitus. Still have the roaring and other sound, have sounds sensitivity and problems hearing on the phone and in crowds. Use two aids that help me hear in a quiet one on one conversation.

really don't like taking any drugs, but cannot get off the klonopin as I am dependant on it after taking it for so long. Carole

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Nobody puts V-gal down, nobody!!

Be proud of yourself... you have come a heck of a long way since last year and if those meds helped you then good for you!!

You have no reason to feel bad.

11. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

GABA, gamma-aminobutyric acid, is an important calming neurotransmitter. It really helps me sleep, and reduces anxiety. Further info here: http://www.gabasupplement.com/

Lithium orotate, at 10 mgs (two tablets of 5 mg ea) is said by several authorities to have very protective effects on the brain and nervous system, including the potential prevention of Alzheimer’s and other dementias. Some information is here:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/res003jh/lithium-orotate/

Pregnenolone has a bunch of brain, nerve, and mind implications, described here:
    http://www.antiaging-systems.com/PRG-182/pregnenolone-metabolite.htm

Resveratrol is a Biggie. It can turn off aging and has many health benefits. It’s found in red wines, and may be a major factor in the healthfulness of the French diet, which otherwise has lots of fats that should cause all sorts of heart and vascular problems. Read about resveratrol here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resveratrol
    especially in the section showing life extension results in all sorts of animals to which it was administered.

TMG, trimethyglycine, can stop or prevent hardening of the arteries. It’s a methyl donor, allowing the maintenance of proper DNA structure, and it lowers homocysteine, a blood chemical the can cause atherosclerosis. It has a bunch of other good effects, too. It’s dirt cheap, with no side effects. Some info here: http://www.raysahelian.com/trimethylglycine.html

Now of course, many readers will be horrified that anyone would pop such a handful of over the counter stuff. I’m not going there. If anyone objects, please note that this is stuff I do and take, and don’t recommend it for anyone else. If anyone thinks me to be a VMS fool, so be it. Whatever the results, I’ll reap either the rewards or the hazards. So far, though, it’s all been really good.

–John of Ohio

12. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

Well I'm on Gabapentin and my friend was like "oh that's for psychosis and you shouldn't drive with that, it causes dizziness". I was like well... it's for migraines and doesn't affect my ability to operate a car just like the Verapamil doesn't either. I'm a CNA for crying out loud and can practice just fine. I couldn't lie when applying for a certificate as that's a felony. And if the whole population who was on blood pressure lowering medication or drugs like Gabapentin (eg Topamax) didn't drive then we wouldn't have rush hour now would we? Sorry to vent.

13. June-

June- New Member

Don't all these supplements and natural things come in packages? Are they in the form they are in nature? How do you know they are what they say they are? How do you know they don't suffer from all the problems of prescription meds and packaged foods? I see no difference. It's still a black box. You don't really know what they are or where they come from, who made them, what's in them, how much etc. Don't get me wrong, I am not against these things, I just think they have the same risks as anything else and it's important to remember that and not be sitting ducks for unscrupulous, careless or otherwise not perfect vendors just because they align themselves with an industry with a feel good story about nature.

14. earhurts

earhurts New Member

You make very good points.

A lot of the things I say are things "I know" or things "I believe" and not things I do as a religion and refuse to budge no matter what. It is not my goal to preach and tell people they should do what I do. It is my goal to let people know what I have learned from my experiences in medical sales. People who are devoutly religious believe they should not cuss but if they slam the car door on their finger they say "shi* that hurts!" I'm no different. I'm not perfect. Of course I try as hard as I can to follow along with what I know or believe to be healthy but it is not always possible to strictly adhere. For instance if my mother cooks a meal and the vegetables came out of a can and she asks me to come eat I don't say "no I will not eat your food because those peas came out of a can". I eat it. But its only once in a while so I figure my body will process the bisphenol and i'll be ok. But I never buy vegetables in a can. I only buy fresh produce. But of course it has been sprayed with pesticide right? So I wash it, I cook it, and I eat it. I don't have any choice.

As far as my supplements go the only supplements I take that come in a package are vitamins and minerals like Vitamin D, magnesium etc...And you are right. We have no idea what is really in them. But the choice is take them or not take them. So I take them.

Most of the things I take are not in capsule form or pill form. I use raw herb and I buy it by the pound. For organic Vitamin C I use Rose Hips because it has several times the amount of Vitamin C of an orange. And I have a ton of other herbs. Yes if I buy a pound of Rose Hips it comes in a sack. But I also use ascorbic acid vitamin c from a bottle.

What I really mean by the package deal is that I don't go to the grocery store and fill my buggy with packaged foods. I stay away from that stuff and I rarely eat anything at all that is processed foods in packages. There are exceptions. I eat eggs and they come in a carton. Sometimes the carrots are in a plastic sack, etc...

Just because I "know" something does not mean that I can follow it to the letter. But if I deliver the concept to other people maybe it will help them think about staying away from preservatives. We live in a culture that accepts toxic foods like it just supposed to be that way and a lot of us don't even consider it a suspect. Most of us think synthetics are recognized by the body as a friend and we don't give it a second thought and that is often not the case.

I hurt a lot of people when I was in pharma sales and I am trying to pay humanity back for all the terrible things I did. It helps my soul and helps me sleep at night. The stuff I sold burned up a lot of peoples ears, and worse.

When I say that don't hear "you should never take those things" because that is not what I mean. What I mean is that the company never told the whole truth about the toxic nature, and how many drugs do we really need that do the same thing, and for example why sell somebody something toxic for blood pressure as a first choice when there are so many non-toxic substances that can handle it, and why give everybody antibiotics for the sniffles when they do such terrible damage like Cipro ripping an ear off of a head, and why let them market it on tv like its bubblegum so children will run to the doctor and ask for an antibiotic so they won't have to blow their nose for a week, and why hide the fact that many of them will kill a liver faster than you even know its getting bombed out, and why do your best not to help the people they hurt by not letting them get compensated, and on and on. When we need a med we need it, but this shi* wagon is out of control and I drove one for a while and I hate that fact.

15. earhurts

earhurts New Member

I see i'm earhurts again instead of earshurt. Its still me. I don't know how I did that.

16. charlesj

charlesj New Member

HCTZ, Serc, Warfarin, Amiodarone, Domperidone, ASA, Crestor, Plus Vitamins

17. earshurt

earshurt New Member

I also get some of my herbs from the tree itself. For instance I literally go to a fig tree and I pick a bunch of leaves. I dry them out, crush them, and put them in glass mason jars.

This is not a scientific study its an article. But i've spent tons of hours looking at assays (chemical content) of plants and studies of what these chemicals do in the body. Plants have chemicals like everything else and they are not synthetic. Synthetics uptake to the body cells a little differently than natural substances. This is the way I try to approach a lot of my meds. I try to use organic and I also use some synthetic stuff. Plants are rich in phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals, etc...This is why they heal. They help keep and restore order in the body. For instance I can buy ascorbic acid Vitamin C and take it or I can get it from a plant. On Vitamin C I do both because from my studies it seems as if ascorbic acid even though made in a laboratory is an excellent electron donor in the free radical scavenging process. Ascorbic acid fires off electrons like a cannon is the oxidation/reduction process. I use a mix and match approach. I also want some natural Vitamin C so I use Rose Hips.

Fig Leaves Provide a Natural Health Remedy for Diabetes
    Friday, September 18, 2009 by: Barbi Trejo, citizen journalist
    See all articles by this author
    Email this author
    http://www.naturalnews.com/027050_figs_health_water.html

(NaturalNews) Fig leaves are best known for treating diabetes, but there are many other uses for the fig leaves. There are many homemade remedies from treating diabetes to treating bronchitis, genital warts, liver cirrhosis, high blood pressure, skin problems and ulcers. Fig leaves are not used as much as they should be. Most of the remedies for the fig leaves use the sap or the milk of the sacred tree. Fig tinctures or poultices should be used immediately and fresh batches made daily.

The big news with the use of fig leaves is that they have anti-diabetic properties. The diabetic needs less insulin when on a treatment of using the fig leaf extract. The diabetic should take the extract with breakfast, first thing in the morning. An additional remedy is to boil the leaves of the fig in some freshly filtered waster and drink this as a tea.

Figs and Health:

According to the USDA, figs are one of the highest sources of fiber and calcium. Figs have antioxidants and a laxative effect on the body. Figs contain fiber, magnesium, copper, manganese, calcium and vitamins A,B,C and K. Besides these vitamins, the figs also contain folic acid, sodium and zinc.

Benefits of the figs:

- Figs are rich in potassium and fiber, helping to stabilize the blood pressure of the body. The figs contain anti-diabetic and anti-tumor properties. They have calcium, potassium, and soluble fiber, which aids in the reduction of cholesterol.

- Figs promote good sleeping habits and protect the person against insomnia. They increase your energy, promote stronger bones, and are helpful in treating constipation, due to their laxative effect. If the leaves are mashed, they can be used as a skin cleanser for acne and pimples.

- Figs lessen the acids in the stomach and therefore are great for pregnant women. Figs also increase sexual desire and promote overall longevity and good health.

There are many varieties of figs and here are a few available in the market:

The Calimyrna Fig has a nut like flavor and a golden skin. The Mission fig is dark purple and eventually will turn black when sun dried. The Kadota fig is the American type fig, which is nearly seedless and most often dried and canned. The Brown Turkey fig is seen most of the time in the fresh markets. This fig is copper colored in color with small streaks of purple and a white flesh.

Home Remedies using fig leaves:

- Bronchitis - Place two to three fig leaves in a half liter of water with some piloncillo and bring to boil. Let the water boil for 15 minutes and then remove the leaves and drink the tea.

What is Piloncillo?

http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/mex...

- Cardiovascular and Cancer patients: Try drinking some freshly made fig leaf tea. Also, eat some fresh figs daily.

- Genital warts - Take one of the fig leaves and apply the milk or sap from the leaf to the affected areas.

- Hemorrhoid - Place two or three of the leaves in one liter of water and bring to boil. Boil for at least 15 minutes. Remove from the fire and let the pot cool. Remove the leaves from the tea and use as a sitz bath or apply to the affected areas.

- Liver cirrhosis - Take 4 leaves, wash them thoroughly and pound them with any type of sugar candy. Fill a medium glass with water and drink this twice a day.

- Lower blood pressure - Place 3 fig leaves in half liter of water. Boil for 15 minutes and drink daily.

- Ringworm - Cut open a leaf and take the milk or sap. Rub on the ringworm. This procedure works immediately.

- Scalp fungal infections, warts and boils - Follow the above directions.

- Shingles: Place three to four fig leaves in 2 cups of water. Boil for a few minutes, let cool and remove the leaves. Take a wash cloth and dip in the water and apply to the affected area.

- Ulcers - Every day chew two fig leaves and swallow the whole leaf. People with advanced ulcers should do this in the morning on an empty stomach.

18. earshurt

earshurt New Member

accidental double post. deleted.

19. earshurt

earshurt New Member

something wrong with this forum tonight. keeps doubling my posts.

20. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

I take only one drug Verapamil for BP and MD, I plan to stop soon to see the impact of this drug on both conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.