Sports thread!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by bulldogs, Apr 13, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Man I'm having problems watching the Ducks and Kings this year, here's my problem, I'm a Kings fan, BUT (big but) I live 3 miles from Honda Center where the Ducks play, my good friend has season tickets to the Ducks, when his wife backs out at the last minute he always calls me and I always go, I've been to 25 Ducks home games this year, and 3 Kings games at Staples Center in LA. First of all the Ducks are a good team and fun to watch, plus Honda Center is a very friendly, family place to watch Hockey, Staples center, not so much, the fans tend to be jerks, even to other Kings fans. I want the Kings to win it all, but if the Ducks advance I'll go to more games.

I'm normally a very passionate hockey fan and yell, clap, and cheer even when watching from my couch at home (the dog hates hockey season) but for this series, I'm just like "whatever". I'd really love the series to go to game 7 so I find myself cheering on the Ducks as they're down 2-0. But wait I'm a Kings fan. Either way, the Western Conference Finals will be great, because one of "my two teams" will advance.

Now here's where it gets weird, it looks like Chicago will advance to the WCF, last year they beat my Kings as they seem to have the Kings number, but whenever the Ducks play Chicago they seem to have the Hawks number, so I'm torn, I want the Kings to win but think the Ducks have a better chance of beating the Hawks.

I know this seems minor to the problems most of us face but it's bugging me to no end. What's a Southern California hockey fan to do??

2. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Back to Boston Saturday....another great game last night evens the series 2/2...starting over go Bruins!! This is a goaltenders battle!!

3. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

Buddy! I would pay money to have your dilemma!!!

You see, I am a die hard Toronto Maple Leaf fan and my team has not won the Stanley Cup since 1967! To make matters worse, we have only made the playoffs once in the past 10 years and that was last year, during a shortened season due to the player lockout. To make matters worse, in game 7, the Leafs experienced one of sports biggest meltdowns of all time! They were up 4-1 to the Bruins in the 3rd period of game 7 and ended up losing it 5-4 in overtime! A total collapse by the team and a total collapse of my nervous, cardiovascular, and psychological systems!!! LOL!

Enjoy your teams while they are still in it!

4. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Phil,

LOL that's why they're calling California "Canada south" not only are the Ducks and Kings really good this year but so are (were) the Sharks, (talking about epic collapses). What the heck is up with the teams from Canada anyway? It's been what 20 years since a Canadian team has won the cup? (but three appearances in the finals in the last 6 years)

But you have to admit your future looks bright with Shanahan at the helm!

5. Philosopher

Philosopher New Member

Chris,

The California teams, and the Western Conference for that matter, have been very strong for a quite a while. Well run organizations from top to bottom.

With regards to the Leafs, sadly I think the hiring of Shanahan was PR stunt to keep the fans quiet. Years and years of poor drafting and poor trades has got us in this position.

6. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

chrisk, for me it would be a no brainer this year. Teemu Selanne. I love this guy, would love to see him get a cup. Back to Kings next year.

Philosopher,

Leaf fans need to vote with their feet. Management has been putting an inferior product on the ice for years and years and yet the fans still shell out and go to the games. Money talks.

7. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I like Sid "the kid" Crosby! That playoff hockey is sure fun to watch! Very very intense.

The O's may make a run this year. Tough division though.

8. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

I am not a big fan of Crosby but that's ok Joe I still am a fan of yours! You should watch the Bruins tonight as we travel back to Montreal. Going to be a dog fight right Fadedrose?

9. chrisk

chrisk New Member

Kings/Ducks tied at 2 should be a great game tonight. Boston could advance with a win. (please lose) New York forces a game 7, (love game 7s!!) Hawks are up (no surprise there) man do I love playoff hockey!

But yeah Rose Teemu is a classy guy, I've seen him play a lot over the years with all the Ducks games I go to. He always throws out pucks to the kids during warm ups, and I've heard he's real nice to fans that meet him on the street.

I still think Shanahan will help the leafs. We'll see next year.

10. redwing1951

redwing1951 New Member

Not happy going into 3rd period :mad: