14th Annual National Meniere's Symposium for doctors and patients

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Dr Burcon, Apr 5, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Dr Burcon

Dr Burcon New Member

Next annual Meniere's seminar is Thursday, April 10, 2014 in Grand Rapids, MI 49546. More info at www.BurconChiroppractic.com Hope to see a few of you there.

2. Halos

Halos New Member

Dr. Burcon, I have a feeling this community has pretty much dismissed the NUCCA/Chiropractic theory long ago.

Thank you for your hard work, energy and tireless dedication but it appears the consensus is pointing more towards a immunological footprint.

Regards,

Daniel Smith

3. KennedyLane

KennedyLane New Member

I just want to point out that I do believe cervical spine issues play some sort of role in SOME people with Meniere's symptoms. I tried NUCCA without any expectation at all that it would work. In fact, I thought chiropractors were quacks. (I just wanted to check it off the list to be able to tell myself that I had tried everything reasonable.)

The interesting thing is that the "adjustments" made my dizziness WORSE. Way, way worse. Further, within hours of my first "treatment" I had pins and needles and numb sensations going down my left arm, my symptomatic ear side, and pain going down my left leg. I just felt horrible. These issues would die down and then start back up again every time I was adjusted.

I finally threw in the towel since I felt it was irritating the facet joints in my upper neck causing my problems to worsen. (I suspect part of my issue is inflammation in this part of my neck.) Anyway, I wanted to mention that there may be some scenarios where NUCCA may be helpful, although it certainly was not for me...