Acyclovir anti-viral treatment : For you newbie's

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, Apr 3, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Thank you, here's to it continuing!

2. Jerry33

Jerry33 New Member

Hey Larry,

Just curious as I may have a line on trying Acyclovir, did you ever try JOH? and if so did you continue with it while trying the Acyclovir. Not sure if I should stop one to try the other???

3. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Prescription antiherpetic therapy (such as acyclovir) can be used right along with my Meniere's regimen (http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf). They complement one another.

--John of Ohio

4. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

No, for me the Acyclovir treatment was all that I needed.

Acyclovir treatment/Study

http://shichinohe.web.fc2.com/meniere1.pdf

5. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I am on my second month of taking 1200mg of Acyclovir per day.

I have had ups and downs.

But, as I sit here reflecting on the huge amount of family stress I'm experiencing, and preparing for the holidays...I recognize that I have been able to do so much more than I was able to before. I actually pulled off a huge Thanksgiving dinner, something I haven't done in 3 years.

I've been able to go to the grocery store for major shopping without the anticipation of that alone making me dizzy.i was able to do it and come home and organize the cabinets, all without major vertigo.

These things may sound simple and silly for some, but for those of us with MM, well we know what an improvement this can be for the quality of life.

I am even able to read, and I am reading a lot!

Oh, I still have my moments. I have to be conscious of the fact that too much can send me spinning, and when I start walking into the doorways and bumping into the furniture, I'll take 1/2 of a 2 mg Valium, and take it easy.

Hopefully, this will continue. I am also still doing the steroid drops in my ears every other day now.

God Bless this site for the information it provides for MM sufferers, so that we can be better informed and be our own health advocates. God Bless all of you who participate here, and for the immense emotional support, which to me, has also helped immensely!

6. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

I wish for you continued success with Acyclovir Gina.

The Acyclovir study that worked for me!

http://shichinohe.web.fc2.com/meniere1.pdf

7. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Thought I'd bump this thread up in honor of Caribbean/Larry, who started it and helped many others on the forum get well. Some here may not yet know that Larry passed away at the end of 2011.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

* thanx, Larry, it is helping me, thanx for that and for being a good supporter!

Thanx, Jordan for reminding me, I miss Larry, too.

*hes in my prayers.

9. Angelea

Angelea New Member

Jordan, Thanks for posting this. I did not know until a few days ago. So, so sorry to hear this. Larry was a great cheerleader for the cause. He'll certainly be missed. :-(

10. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Thanx, I think it might be working even better this month! Are you my Guardian Angel?

( smiles fondly, and looks out at the Stars. * )

11. pianoladymg

pianoladymg New Member

Bump! It worked for me. Hope it helps someone else.

12. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Well, I started it today, and as someone else noted on this thread, about an hour and a half after taking my first dose my ear started going crazy. The tinnitus is actually much worse. That's supposed to mean it's working. Let's hope so.

13. HJG0989

HJG0989 New Member

This is an excellent thread.

I am amazed when the side effects of antivirals are minimal that there would be such resistance from doctors to try it. I have become very disillusioned with the medical field.

14. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

After I researched Acyclovir here, thanx June, I called my OTO,,and she gave me it with no questions asked, not even an office visit.

Dr. Downey is an Angel!

15. johnnydetroit

johnnydetroit New Member

Oh no....What happened to Larry!???? He was my Bud here since like '04 when we started the Acyclovir. I'm sad beyond belief hearing this :'( He was a great guy.

16. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

I had no idea either,I'm in shock.

17. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Larry passed on Dec. 31/11 from a heart attack :(

There was a thread in the Front Porch related to his passing. http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,34742.0.html

18. Omegaman

Omegaman New Member

Dang, that's sad - I had no idea. RIP, Larry.

19. Jordan

Jordan New Member

It's been a while since we bumped up this thread.

20. Donamo

Donamo Guest

Thanks Jordan, I just read the whole 24 pages. So many helpful people on this site!