Advice please!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by nicmger, Apr 12, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. nicmger

nicmger New Member

So here is what is going on. For the past 10 days or so while I have only gone vertigo once - every day I have some pressure in the ear (no big deal) but am experiencing constant eye movement, off balance, etc. Also a forever headache - not the worst I have had but not really going away. Oh yeah, and this constant eye movement, "dizzy" feeling is making for constant nausea as well.

Thoughts? My ear doesn't hurt so I don't think it is an ear infection. I have the headache and some sinus pressure but this has never happened. In my 3 yrs or so with Meniere's I have never experienced "this". I may be off and go vertigo with spins - but have never had this relentless off balance and motion sickness (even when I am not moving).

If I go to the doctor, anything I should ask for? I don't want to be simply shooed away with the "you have Meniere's" because this truly is different.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

so sorry to hear this, only thing I can think of is a sinus infection? at times when I get one I am dizzy non stop and feel like I am being pushed from side to side, but not since I am taking AV's,as for the constant eye movements I am not sure, I hope you get to the bottom of this quickly and feel a lot better soon!

3. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Sorry you are having a rough time of it.Again I would recommend that you see a neurologist if you can,migraine or mav can cause all the symptoms you are mentioning.Hope you feel better soon.

4. dizzybee

dizzybee New Member

I've been having constant pulsating pressure with a little off balance/lightheadedness for months and am finally gong to a neurologist in a couple of days. I've been told by an ENT and some others that it may be migraines, I just don't think this is Ménière's. I would try that route as well. I dont have any real pain, just almost constant pulsing pressure in my head. Good luck hun! :)

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Wait it out for a few more days. You may have an infection that is clearing up.

6. nicmger

nicmger New Member

Thank God last couple of days have been better. That continued eye movement causing me to be off balance and nauseated was horrible. We all know when the vertigo hits everything just moves in it's circle - this was so odd. Blink and then eyes moved to right, blink vision is straight. Hopefully whatever "it" was is behind me! For good! :D

7. Dizzy Little Piggy

Dizzy Little Piggy OINK OINK

Did you take any valium as this was happening? I would thing that the valium would have done it's thing in tricking the brain about the dizziness and you would not have felt so bad.

8. nicmger

nicmger New Member

@dizzypiggy - surprisingly the lorazapam didn't help that much - the two times during it I went full vertigo it helped but it didn't seem to just stop the eye movement on it's own...and of course knocked me out so not a great option to "live life". The last two days of the episode I found my meclizine and shockingly that helped a little - not complete but a little. Just happy I am feeling a bit better. Ear is full but eyes are not moving so definitely a better day.