Alternative Approaches to Health and Wellness

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by tamarak, Nov 9, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Tamara I hope the Traditional Chinese Medicine Herbalist says the same thing! That would be great news.

Terry you are so right about conventional medicine. OK, that is a generalization but it does seem that the answer they have is always SURGERY. I was an X-ray Tech in the OR but I personally would do whatever I could to avoid surgery. Sometimes it is necessary but I see so many people who have say - minor gallbladder problems - enough to bother them, but diet changes could probably have done the same thing without an invasive procedure. Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
    I'm on my way to my pity party. Have decided to jump into the party with both feet and hopefully it will be over quicker!

2. tamarak

tamarak New Member

Hi Cdedie...are you not feeling well lately? I didn't read anything about you seeming to be having a pity party...but you must not be well. I hope that things get better for you!

Burd...wow, that's a pretty intense website. I just spent about an hour reading as much as I could take in. Some pretty big assertions there. Did you get any of her books or videos? It seems like she is a 7th Day Adventist who has embraced the whole dietary approach and now is talking about the need for spirituality or a spiritual approach to illness. I am interested in this...but I can understand that it could make some people quite uncomfortable.

Do you know what the "ten steps" to healing are? I'm curious.

Tamara

3. burd

burd New Member

I haven't purchased her videos as I haven't had the need for them, but I have been very interested in her experiences and research.  I am very disillusioned with what is going on for the most part with conventional medicine, had been even before I found her site. A number of people around me, that I know personally or friends of friends, have taken the healthy route and ate their way to beating their cancers.

I've done some reading into other approaches to fighting cancer successfully with food choices, and while they may differ slightly they all are pretty much on the same path.
    As far as Dr. Days personal spiritual path I don't need that info, as I have my own and understand how important that can be for peace of mind and inner strength.  I'm interested in the physical aspects of fighting cancer.

Two other things that show great promise are graviola and Goji berries.  They are being studied for the positive results in fighting cancer.  And people are using them now with great results.

I don't believe we need to poison ourselves and destroy what our body needs, our immune system, in the hopes to kill some cancer cells too.  Our bodies fight rogue cancer cells all our lives and we never know when.  It's when things (our immune system) get out of balance that it all runs amok. More and more people are fighting that battle successfully by eating the things that get that immune system strong again, and sometimes in taking intense herbal blends or natural oils or whatever else is being used successfully, to get the body back on track again.

I am certain that if I am ever faced with cancer I will keep my body whole, no radical surgery, and I will take on a number of approaches that work, including Dr. Day's food plan combined with the Hoxey method in Mexico, and I will use Goji and graviola, and find out what essential oils an acquantance of mine has used to beat her uterine cancer successfully, which she has been about 3 years now cancer-free.

I just want people to be aware that they have options.  Too many people are damaged permanently with radiation and become so sick and even die from chemotherapy.  (chemo, not the cancer, killed my grandpa and my SIL's mom)
    People need to know they have choices.  In this country they aren't allowed to get that info from doctors, even if the doctors want to tell them because doctors loose their licenses if they do.  The FDA has attacked individuals with clinics for promoting the healthy approaches, which is why the Hoxey Clinic moved to Mexico. 
    It all comes down to money and I have a big problem with greed taking precedence over people's lives and the right that they have to be informed and given choices freely.

4. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Tamara ~ I am sorry, I have been offline due to another 5 day migraine and am just catching up and read this about your hubby. How is your hubby today ??? Sending ((((((((((((((((( healing hugs ))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sparrow

5. tamarak

tamarak New Member

Burd...I'm going to take notes on your post and methodically go through what you've told us about. I am interested in staying healthy by doing many of those things before any problems show up.

I've already started using deodorant that doesn't have any parabens or
    ...gotta go, talk more soon!

TAmara

6. tamarak

tamarak New Member

...sorry about that last post I left hanging...the family was hurrying out the door to go to the movie "Happy Feet" and so they were being impatient with my chatting on the email while they were trying to leave...

anyway, what I was saying is that I've already been eliminating sodium laurel sulfate and parabens from my cleansing routines (by the way, it's tricky...with underarm deodorant--those conventional products seem to work way better and so you have to wash very frequently and reapply the other stuff...but it is interesting that most breast cancers show up around the armpit area...and anyway, if I can eliminate toxins I can't see why I shouldn't.

The restaurant that we own serves only really good food that has no additives or preservatives --no pre-mixes--everything is from scratch. Now, my husband and I are looking into bringing on some organic vegetables onto the menu--yes, for the customers--but also because the family eats a lot at the restaurant.

Ha ha...there is a very interesting article in "The Economist" this month "why organics are ruining the planet"--I'm giving my boy the assignment of breaking down the arguments and analysing the way they prove their points.

Okay, talk to you soon.

Tamara

7. ariapace

ariapace New Member

tamara,
    plain old baking soda works great as a deodorant. you just pat or dust a little bit under the arms. i've used it for years. it's totally non-toxic and actually works better than conventional deodorants. i find that it lasts all day long.