antisecretory factor-inducing cereal

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by AnneT, Apr 12, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Just ordered some,what the hell.I'll let you know if anything great happens!

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

James, keep us posted on all matters related to the Salovum purchase. Price, delivery, time, method payment, etc.

I'm eager (I think) to try this myself.

--John of Ohio

3. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

Good luck! James hope it works for you!

4. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I read through some of the info, but I can't tell. Is this product supposed to help treat just vertigo, or is it supposed to help with the other MM symptoms as well?

5. james

John, I didn't order the Solovum as it is so expensive even here in Sweden.I did see where a woman here got a referral from a dietitian saying she needed it and got it cheaper.I will see how the flakes work and take it from there.

Thanks Vicki,I have been doing pretty well but since I have tried almost everything might as well do this too.

Shartsoe,I think it's supposed to help with all the mm symptoms.I'm hoping it does something for tinnitus.

6. james

John ,I should really have read your post more thoroughly,The flakes were on sale for 84 sek,around 13 dollars and I had a 15% off coupon.You can get it in health food stores here.They give next day delivery.I will need around 4 boxes to do 18 days.As you take a gram for every kilo of body weight.

7. Nathan

Nathan New Member

If antisecretory factor proteins decrease Meniere's symptoms, why is a) one rather deep, round dish or basin, used chiefly for holding liquids & food, b) a utensil consisting of a small, shallow bowl with a handle for use in eating, c) milk, d) concentrated egg yolk & e) "specially" engineered oatmeal required?

Why not reduce Salovum & SPC-Flakes into their essential elements, AF & ... ?, & capsulate?

How does special (if any word prompts scepticism it's the word "special") oatmeal stimulate the body's natural antisecretory factor proteins?

Good luck James!

8. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

James so glad to hear you are doing well! Fingers crossed for long term relief.

9. james

Just thought that I would report back.I only made it a week on the cereal.Went through 1 box. It got annoying having to eat it 3 times a day.It's oatmeal around 1/2 cup each serving.I wrote the company and they said if it worked I would need to keep on eating it.It cost around 12 USD per box.I started to get bloated and constipated,have enough of that with the Verapamil that I take.I really didn't feel any different,I have been feeling pretty good anyway.But it just got to be a pain in the butt,remembering to eat it.

It may work for some people,if you would want to try something similar I would recomend Steel Cut Oats,my ent said some people got better on this.

If you factor in the cost of the cereal and shipping to those of you in the USA,your money would probably be better spent on something else.

That's my opinion.

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks James xx

11. Donamo

Donamo Guest

Yes, thank you James! What about just eating it for breakfast, like a normal cereal?

12. KennedyLane

KennedyLane New Member

Thank you, James, for being our guinea pig :)

13. james

I could think of better things to have for breakfast,I actually do usually have oatmeal.This was more like sunflower seeds.You need to eat it 3 times a day for it to be effective they told me.

14. Donamo

Donamo Guest

LOL - That's why I prefer using REAL Guinea Pigs rather than people for my experiments!! :) They don't think!