Anyone ever heard of this Dr./Treatment out of Italy?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by SweetTater, Jul 26, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. acujen

acujen New Member

Is Otovert availabe in the USA?

2. bakerman

bakerman New Member

Otovent is available on Amazon.com for $17.99 including shipping. Ships from England.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Why don't one of you try it? It doesn't sound that complicated. It doesn't do anything for MM. It is only for hydrops.

Maybe you can meet some of the 16,000 on FB and ask them how they are doing. That would also be helpful.

I don't get the hydrops/psychosomatic connection....

4. June-

June- New Member

16,000 ? Now red flags are going up for me.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Why? It's not an exaggerated number. Anyhow, unless someone tries the treatment plan we won't know for sure. Maybe someone living in Europe can do that.

6. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Possibly, but for $18 what do people have to lose? That's a hell of a lot cheaper than a lot of the things recommended on this site that have dubious potential.

7. June-

June- New Member

Agreed. If something works for someone(s), it works. Whether it has been completely explained to the scientific community is a separate question which is of less interest to those who found relief. I was prepared to try anything that didn't put my health at risk. As long as I can hear I don't really care what percent of doctors 'believe in' viral involvement in CH. Discovery of successful treatment often precedes understanding of the disease.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

We should invite the good doctor here.

I checked out a few Italian forums on tinnitus and hydrops. He gets into arguments with forum members and ends up getting banned or leaving. He is quite the character.

9. acujen

acujen New Member

Well, he IS Italian! : )

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Nice guy. I think I will give him a call. Can't hurt.

11. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

He needs to come here, we need some more characters here. Someone send him an email.
    Intrepid can be his interpreter and If needed my lady can ste in but she has a mouth like a sailor and would get me banned.

I will say that Italy has some of the best otological practices in the world, I think it is the Gruppo practice that is suposed to be world class.

One is also working close with dr brown in austrailia as well.

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Send him an evite :D

He hangs out on forums so one more won't make a difference. More publicity for his treatment and help for those with hydrops.

13. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I emailed the good dr-- actually my wife did in Italian, let's see if he responds. Many times overseas email go to spam hopefully not!!!!

14. June-

June- New Member

:D He will fit right in!

15. bakerman

bakerman New Member

I have been able to contact Dr. La Torre directly through his Facebook page. He replied promptly to my questions.

16. acujen

acujen New Member

what was your question and his response?

17. Sholly

Sholly New Member

Quote from bulldogs:

"He needs to come here, we need some more characters here. Someone send him an email."

Bulldogs, presently you are definitely our #1 character on this forum!!

18. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Won't happen here!

19. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I guess I misunderstood him because he posted something on the FB Meniere's page concerning this quote:
    Anoher important misunderstanding: I never wrote I've treated successfully 16.000 patients. I've said only that I have studied many 16.000 patients (non evetyone with Meniere's and not every withoit perment and untreatble damages) before realizing that I can avoid tests...

Sorry about that.

20. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

He has requested membership here but hasn't been approved yet. (His quote:I'm still waiting for the administrator to accept my subscription in menieres.org) I had asked him some questions a few days ago on FB and here's my questions and his response:

My questions:Do you plan to have patients in the US? If so how do you plan to help those who need more than the water, diet & Otovent? How will they get the medications you speak of? I have been told that the L-sulpiride is not available in the US. I am confused about the treatment since you say it can be performed at home by the patient but then you speak of medications one might need.

His reply:
    Many questions... I'm not planning to work in US but I can help patients anyway thru skype....go in http://ear-hydrops.com/inf​o.html, where you can find every info.
    I didn't check about availability of drugs in every country, but i will do it for every single patient if i will be contacted by someone to have a consultation.... For sure there are countries where only sulpiride is available.... but it's the same...... I confirm that the treatment can be made home becausee there's nothing requiring to be in a hospital.... I hope that even in USA a nurse can come at home if an intravenous is needed. About charges....you can see in the same link ... My therapy is not water diet and otovent alone.... there are medications too.... Feel free to contact me for other questions... Thank you