Baseball Time

Discussion in 'Your Fun 'n Games Room' started by wlyeager, Apr 9, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. wlyeager

wlyeager Fly fishing is good for the soul

It is that magical time of the year when baseball begins. Sometime you want to yell hooray for your team. Sometimes you want to vent about your team. So let's start a thread for the season to celebrate or commiserate the teams we love. Yes, there will be days when you love them more than others.

Astros ------ most likely will have a double digit team ERA. But I still love 'em. :)

2. thedawgboy

thedawgboy New Member

I am a huge Cubs fan.

That means, this year, I am celebrating the centennial of "Maybe next year!" :D

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Are the A's really rebuilding or is Billy Beane going to perform magic again?!

4. Cara

Cara New Member

I fondly remember the Atlanta Braves in the 90s , "worst to first", Sid Bream runnin home was awesome, lack of sleep during that world series in our house!!

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

A's and Giants are both winning..........surprise!

6. thedawgboy

thedawgboy New Member

And the Cubs are not losing....yet. ;)

7. wlyeager

OK, the Stros won their first series of this year this past weekend. The A's are in 1st place and Bosox took two out of three from the Yankees. Things are looking up. :)

Lee

8. DizzyMel

DizzyMel New Member

GO BRAVES!! I too remember the 90s - I attended the first World Series game at the old Fulton County Stadium. WOW was that fun!!! Even though I dont live in the Atlanta area for now, they are still "my team". And I still do the CHOP when I watch them on TV!!!

9. Cara

Cara New Member

Oh wow Dizzymel, I bet you did have a good time, how lucky you were. The kids were young then, they would stand in front of the tv whenever they heard the chop start.

10. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

A's win big tonight! :) :) :)

11. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Since hockey is over for me.....now I have to root for my

YANKEES!!!!

12. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

13. captainsaffi

captainsaffi New Member

I'm going to an A's Game Sunday the 4th for the first time! My boyfriend and my best friend's boyfriend are HUGE fans and are really excited to take us! Maybe I'll see you there? :)

14. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I'll be there.

15. CdnTBear

CdnTBear Every minute spent in anger is a minute wasted

Baseball season is THE best season. We all really come alive in the house when baseball season begins! We have a great time watching our 8 year old in his league.

My team: BLUE JAYS!!!! Go Jays!!! Gibby (John Gibbons) is doing a great job with our boys. We got to meet him last year. Gibby gave our son one of the Jays' baseball bats and a box of 12 brand new game balls. (It was John Macdonald's bat - has his name & number engraved on it, along with the BLUE JAYS name). Priceless!

I'm Canadian, eh! Moved to TN, but couldn't lose my Jays! Dad gets tickets for us every summer when we come up for week's visit.

We went to see the Braves last year -- and I enjoyed myself, rooted for the Braves, even did the chop! When in Rome, right?

I'd love to visit every ballpark. Two down ..... LOL

We're very lucky here: in our town, we have a Mets farm team. So that's an almost daily summer event for us -- going to watch the Kingsport Mets. $3.00 seats - great entertainment.

16. wlyeager

Wow the Astros have one 4 in a row, scored 30 runs in the last 3 games. Wonders never cease.

The other team down here in Texas got killed again last night. Looks like everyone wants to play the Rangers. :(

Lee

17. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Isn't Miguel Tejada wonderful! A gift from the A's and Orioles!

18. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Frank Thomas is back with the A's. It's a good deal for both the club and for Thomas.

19. wlyeager

So the Big Hurt is back with the A's. I hope it works for the best. Astros in St. Louis this weekend. Pujols owns the Astros. Let's see how we do.

Lee

20. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Lee -

I see the Astros shocked the Cards in the 9th. Do not underestimate Miggy. Not only is he a good baseball player, he's a sparkplug and his energy is contagious!

The A's win a nail biter in Seattle. Yayyyyyyyyyy!