Confused

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Dec 4, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Dabronx everyone has their own perception of truth. You must find it for yourself. And yes people can claim to be whatever or whomever on a public forum such as this. That is why I say follow your gut. If something feels off or someone feels off - than abort the conversation or topic. We are responsible for our own self and words...it is a tiring job being someone else's truth keeper.

Again wishing you a joyous Christmas season. Prayers of peace and joy for you.

I am going to beg leave as I am still under the weather.

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Truth is not relative my friend, it either is or it isn't Blessings to you in your search, I've been exactly where you are.

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

There was a time when this would have sent me into a tizzy..... ::)
    Don't even pretend you don't know what I'm talking about....(for those of you who have gotten to know my persona on this forum, which happens to be Real.)

What you think about it, it is your problem, not mine. I like who I am, and don't need to pretend to be anything
    Else.

We each have our owns truths and beliefs, thats what defines who we portray ourselves to be, that what's us all so interesting.

And that's my truth!
    No more confusion here.

An EPIFANY.....I just had one!!!!!

Happy to share. :-*

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Just a thought..."truth" as we know it is relative. No two people will perceive something the same way. What we know to be true comes from our experience of it.

This is not in relation to just religion. Absolute truth is still murky waters. One can say that what one holds in one's heart is the truth...but is it? It's relative to that person only.

5. June-

June- New Member

I am confused because I thought I made a post with regard to this part of the question but it seems to be gone. I am accepting that it wasn't meant to be.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's right here, June :D

7. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

LMAO!

June, I like how you think!!

In case I never told you....because I forget if I did! Damn Brain Fog! LOL

8. daBronx

daBronx New Member

When my wife died my beliefs went out the window.I was very despondent.I kept asking myself,why me.Don't forget we were married for 33 years.If it weren't for the love and support from my daughter I don't know what I would've done.I just didn't get the same love and support from our church.Everyone seems to have their own problems and whatever support I got from church members was fleeting.After church I'd go home to an empty house and do nothing.That's when Amy suggested I get some therapy.I began seeing a psychologist and after a couple of months decided that I needed to sell the house.Just too many memories.So I got out and moved up north to be closer to my daughter.I sometimes wonder if my daughter has become my parent.I need to stop here.Thanks for listening.I apologize to Gena05.Even if you were a transsexual I would accept you as I accept homosexuals.Everyone deserves to have someone to love and to be loved regardless of their sexual orientation.Many churches don't accept gays but I think that's wrong.We're all Gods children and all should be accepted by our clergy.

9. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

SAAARRRRIIIITTTTTAAAAAA

What are you thinking???

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! !

10. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

What am I thinking about what? I don't understand.

11. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Dabronx - I understand. After my mother was killed 1975, the church I had attended since birth - asked my father and us to leave because of her murder and how it may taint the church. :(

Church after that kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I attended another church with my dad but the love of 'it' was gone.

Years later after I almost lost my son at birth I tried attending another church. Not as my father's daughter but a mother (single mother) to two small children - one on a heart monitor. I was scared. I was treated badly and vowed never to set foot in a church.

For years I questioned why the church treated me so badly. A wise friend of mine told me that church is not Christ and it is made up of people. Not all who enter are seeking Christ and that Christ is not found just in church. In fact many churches have disrespected His name and way of life and truth. I was combining the church and Christ in the same breath. Never could it be further than reality. There are some great churches in this world but they are becoming fewer and more silent among the noise of this world. If you seek Christ in your heart and soul than He can be found anywhere. I found Him in the sand of Africa.

I am sorry for your loss. Your daughter is a God sent.

Shartsoe - no worries on grammar look at my post

I believe there is truth in Christ - a truth that is unshakable and not open to person's perspective - that truth is found in Him. Than there is the world's truth was is open to one's own interpretation.

ps - When Christ was alive and after His death the church was formed. So in the older days Christ and Church were as one but through the years the word church has (for some) become anything but Christ.

okay back to rest - have a joyous day everyone

blessings,
    T

Gina - sorry your feelings were hurt. Wishing you a peaceful and spin-free day darling. xoxo

12. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

How did you saying "I"was a trans-turn into YOUR pity-party??
    I'm not a trans sexual, if I were, then you could say I was, I wouldn't care. But since I'm not, I wonder what made you think I was. That's all. I get offended when someone thinks I'm something I'm not.

Now, I'm confused again.

Don't get me wrong, I understand you have an anonymous amount of grief and loss.

But I feel like I was attacked.

Truth is relative

And

Perception is reality.

What have I been saying folks???? Isn't anybody paying attention? Geez. :-*

13. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Grieving doesn't stop, in my opinion. It may be that today is a day of grieving for you. Sink into it and try not to let it overwhelm you. Some days are like that. You will find your smile again.

14. June-

June- New Member

No I wrote a second one about proof. Basically it said, they call it faith because it is not about proof.

15. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

indeed

16. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

If that is the case, why speak in terms of truth? Speak in terms of faith. For something to be universally true, one generally needs to prove it. Heat water to 100C and it boils. That's truth obtained from empirical evidence. I wouldn't say have faith that water boils at 100C because I know it to be true.

I've never understood what part truth plays in faith if there is no proof other than what one believes and what one feels....which is not denying anybody's belief system. I'm not doing that. The word truth confuses me when two people have said faith does not require proof.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Yes, David, you are entitled to your grief.

I hope you find some peace today.

18. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

'tangile proof' is not what faith is based upon

the 'proof' that my faith in Christ is true is in my heart and spirit - it is not tangible but rather a secure not secular knowledge (perhaps trust is better word) and belief in Christ in my spirit and a heart that knows Him...

DaBronx- don't get sucked into the New Christianity of preachers, teachers, and teaching that if you say and profess Christ in your life that nothing bad will happen - that being a Christian is all easy roads ahead and everyone should drive an Audi and live in fine houses. Christ never promised this. Instead He promised to be with us and never leave us when our world is rocked and the bottom seems to fall out from underneath us.

Many people today pervert His words to fulfill their own needs and greed.

Ps - I cannot rest until I know my youngest is safely at the lake...

19. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

what a great spirit and person you are Gina

20. June-

June- New Member

Truth is a value laden word. If you use accuracy in stead there will be less contention.