cooking with MAV

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by thornapple, Oct 1, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. thornapple

thornapple New Member

She, whoever she is, is a GODDESS.

Tonite we made welsh rarebit and served it up with angelhair pasta, leftover broccoli, and a few tasty little shrimps. YUM>.

2. snkrey1211

snkrey1211 New Member

Thornapple: Think I'm coming next time you have that for dinner! YUM is right! :)

Sheryl

3. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Last night we had

Garlic Fart Chicken

1/2 stick of butter
    2 chicken tits cut into bites
    sleazewads of garlic powder
    cook in a frying pan over medium heat, until nice and brown.

add some portobello mushroom slices
    and some cut up onions
    cook it all in a frying pan until shrooms and onyums are done.
    serve over pasta.
    fart all night long and some into the next day.
    amaze your friends and offend your enemies

(that's how you can tell who's who)

4. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

thornie..... :D :D :D :D :D

5. burd

burd New Member

Garlic Fart Chicken I could do...the Welsh Rarebit would kill me.  Cheese and beer, oh my...it would make my MAV surge and knock me on my ass for a few days. Include chocolate and I'm a dead burd. 
    Lucky you.  Isn't this MAV stuff crazy?  I can have tomatoes, potatoes, and peppers. I know they are death to you. 

6. thornapple

thornapple New Member

the garlic fart chicken may have been death to somebody. I almost asphixiated myself in bed that night.

dog seemed to really like it, though.

7. thornapple

thornapple New Member

strange meal....leftover chicken, woodchuck hard cider, 3 strawberries, and tapioca pudding. You take what you can get, you know?

8. burd

burd New Member

I did the garlic fart chicken. I added a chicken seasoning blend too, has sage, ginger, thyme, basil, marjoram, and some other things. Delicious! And no gaseous aftermath for me or Earl. We dodged that bullet somehow.

9. burd

burd New Member

That sounds wonderful to me. Esp. the hard cider. Yum, tapioca and strawberries. I love that combination.

10. thornapple

thornapple New Member

have you cooked beef stew using cider instead of water? it is AMAZING. sometimes too sweet, though...I have thought of using hard cider, but I would rather drink it. :D

11. burd

burd New Member

I haven't and I would if I could find a really good cider. Seems most I try just taste like apple juice. There was a local guy a few years back, the had an orchard, pressed his own cider, put it in gallon jugs, and drove his pickup around the neighborhoods knocking on doors selling it. It was soooooo good!!! I haven't seen him for a long time.

12. thornapple

thornapple New Member

this here is APPLE country. there is a cider squisher on every rural corner. yummmmm.

Of course, I can't eat apples right now, due to medical issues. Or rather, I can eat them, I just get sick unto death for two days and can't leave the bathroom.

Dinner: came home late to a groggy man napping in bed, a bouncing dog, three bitchy cats and no food that didn't require an hour of prep. Opened the fridge door; there is parmesan cheese, ONE beer, leftover broccoli. Hmmm. In the freezer is a package of frozen shrimp. In the cupboard is angel hair pasta.

Fifteen minutes later, we have shrimp and broccoli in Welsh rarebit sauce on angelhair pasta. man, that was good!