Daily inspiration from God's Word

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by Jazza, Nov 12, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Jazza

Jazza Saved by Grace Thru Christ Jesus

I just wanted to share with you a Daily Devotional my mother and a few ladies we know read each day.

My mother a few years ago kept asking me to read with her each day but I coldn't manage to do so and she wanted some encouraging words from another Christian each day. So I thought of getting her a daily devotional and after asking around I was recommended by several Christians we knew the Sewlwyn Hughes "Every Day with Jesus" series.

I have read them when I can with my mother and she loves having some Christian teaching every day. We both have been encouraged and taught and uplifted through this Devotional.

I found you can get another devotional at the moment also by Selwyn Huges ONLINE Free at CrossWalk. Here is the link. It is titled Every Day Light teaching about the character a Christian should have. Today was on integrity.

You can read it for yourself at the following link:-

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/everydaylight/

I tend to read the Bible each day but I do enjoy getting some insight from other people's teachings as well from time to time. I now borrow my mothers older devotionals and go through them. Each days teaching is short and provides some scripture to study and has a few questions for you to think about as well.

I just wanted to share about Daily Devotionals because some of you might be like my mum who likes a little teaching or study when you read your Bibles.

2. Titus

Titus New Member

Thanks JG. A few years back, we did a daily devotional. We also did Bible studies here and it was good, especially for those who couldn't get out of the house for church.

3. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

Thank you for sharing God's word the bread of life with us.

4. Jazza

Jazza Saved by Grace Thru Christ Jesus

You're welcome Cynthia. Nice to meet you.

5. GreatfulTed

GreatfulTed New Member

Got several good studies and not just sure how that best way is to go about doing it? (don't mean to step on your thead)
    If you all have any suggestions.

6. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

Start a new topic and just share with us? ;D