I was on prednisone for 2 weeks. Felt better during the middle to end of tapering it. But soon after I went back to bad. It has been steadily getting worse for me, despite being on 250 mg of Famciclovir 3x per day. My doc is keen on doing the steroid shot for me, while saying it mostly helps with vertigo which I don't have. I wonder if it is worth a shot. Part of me feels I should not mess with the inner ear. But the doc claims it can help for at least 3 months. I need to decide in a week. Any advice?