Discovering Body Logic study group

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by oaktree8, Jan 1, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. pardonme

pardonme Guest

2. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I am going to be gone for a few days to a scrapbook retreat. I have been feeling pretty good the past couple of weeks, I can tell everything I am doing has greatly helped me overall. I will be taking my Theracane and continuing with working out my TP's while I am away. I am also taking my own food although everyone else will be eating catered meals. I am looking forward to this time of working on my hobby and also the rest and relaxation, I will be getting my first ever massage! The retreat we are going to is a beautiful place in the country - looks very relaxing!

I really feared a few weeks ago that I would not be able to go to this retreat and I wouldn't be going if I hadn't improved ALOT over this time period. I am so grateful that God led me to this site and all the things I've learned and am practicing to help my health improve. I have had a reduction in tinnitus, it's still there but lower and just different for the past couple of weeks, also it seems like the ear fullness has improved a little bit since I started taking parsley capsules a few days ago.

I hope you all have a great week/weekend and I'll report in when I return.

3. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

G'day all :-*

Been unable to get online or nuthin :'( for many a week :'( (computer issues :mad: ) but I'm still around and "discovering" and I have to say it is helping me :) It's slooooooooooow, seems like one step forward and two back kinda thing, but hoping that will change :-\ Then again, I remind myself it has taken me a bloody long time to get to this state :eek: and I can't expect to resolve it all at once ::)

Got a looooooooooooooooong way to go and many unresolved issues with my bod ::) (and not just the AIED/MM) but I'll keep trying, slowly :D

Promise I will be back soon to discuss the current chapter...plus, since I missed a couple of chapters can I still ask questions about them ??? Promise I won't make it too long :D

Lee :-* You were going away for a couple of weeks or is my memory failing me ??? I hope you had a good time if it was relaxation and if not, I hope everything went well...good to see you back. How's Kass? Give her my best and a :-* if you happen to speak with her

Love Maggie

4. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

Have a great time Sweetietat :-* Just a warning....be careful when you first get up from the massage....I could hardly stand or move my legs I was sooooooooooooooooo relaxed...it was a wonderful feeling, pure jelly I was :D

Maggie

5. Mnme

Mnme Guest

What a wonderful way of looking at it Tamara! It's so nice to have you as a part of this thread.

I guess it's really about keeping perspective. So easy to miss the woods for the trees.

That's wonderful SweetTater! Slowly but surely ... Hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy that massage!

Maggie, I've missed your expressive posts! Yeah unfortunately it is a slow process at first. But take heart that any progress shows you're on the right track. Kass usually pops in and reads this thread every now and then, so she'll probably see your message eventually. :)

6. Mnme

Mnme Guest

I am currently starting a page on the DBL Website for individual reviews about the variety of things people draw from the book (perhaps understanding, inspiration, feeling more empowered, being a part of a shared experience with others like this support group, or actual success with one or more symptoms). These will come from any angle in just plain, everyday language. If anyone is interested in writing a one to two paragraph piece (signed only with your first name) please contact me via PM/email. Please do not feel at all obliged ... it's just for those who would like to be a part of this :)

Thanks everyone!

Lee

7. pardonme

pardonme Guest

8. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Where is everyone?

9. oaktree8

oaktree8 New Member

Hi SweetTater, and everyone

I haven't been here for a while, a lot going on in my life--a bathroom remodel, the cat's been very sick, planning a trip--I've been very stressed, and a few times I thought okay I'm surely going to have vertigo now! But I haven't yet, amazingly enough, and I'm praying that I won't.

I don't know why it's going so well--could NUCCA and trigger point work make such a difference? Whatever it is, I'm grateful. I even skipped doing trigger point work and the legs up exercise for three days, and I'm still doing okay! I've gone back to it now, and I'm trying to do more exercise than usual to deal with the stress.

I can't remember who it was who suggested the breathing exercise of breathing in for 4 seconds, holding it for two seconds, and breathing out for 4 seconds with lips open. I think that's how it went. Anyway I've been doing that when I'm really feeling stressed and it makes a big difference. Thank you whoever you are!

And thanks to Lee and Diane for the information about the big lumps. It's so interesting to me that all this time I didn't make the connection that they must be trigger points--they just seemed way too big. I've had them for so long I just took them for granted, never thought about them or what they were, they were just my body. Thanks for the story about the "egg" Diane, that was reassuring.

Another beginner's question: on both sides of my neck, just outside where the SCM meets the clavicle, at the base, I have a lot of pain when I press on the muscle. And I feel it when I take a deep breath--it gets stuck there. I work on them and work on them and they hurt the same every day. I think they're connected to diaphragm or stomach or gut muscles? I know I should get out my Davies book but I still feel very intimidated by that book--can anyone tell me what's going on there?

And I'm a bit behind--what chapter are we reading now?

Thanks all
    Nina

p.s. SweetTater, did you have a good time, did all go well? It's great to hear that you're doing so well!

10. oaktree8

oaktree8 New Member

Did everyone on this thread see the thread about the New York Times tinnitus article?

Did you see this quote from the article?

Researchers in Brazil have published a study indicating that a treatment called cranial-sacral trigger point therapy can relieve tinnitus in some head and neck trauma cases by releasing muscles that constrict hearing and neural pathways.

Lee (and others), someday you'll get validation from the medical establishment, someday!

11. pardonme

pardonme Guest

12. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Oaktree - thanks for asking about me. I should've reported last night but I was very tired and just got on to check about anything I'd missed here while I was away.
    I did better on the trip than I expected I would although there was a couple of times I got very tired and felt like I was going to crater and at those points I just made a point to lay down and rest. I had a great time though.
    I am noticing that when I am very tired is when the ear fullness/tinnitus is worse. I think that the parsley capsules are helping take away some of the fullness I was having, most of the time it's not so bad now, it's still there but just less.

I took my Theracane and used it everyday and I took my food and stayed on my low sodium diet too.
    I go back to my chiropractor tomorrow, I am anxious to see how my adjustment from last week did over the past few days. I really am ready to stop these 3 days a week, I hope he will take me down to 2 days a week now.

I had a lady from my church call me last night to talk about tinnitus, she is apparently having a difficult time with it, I have offered to loan her my DBL book to read so I will soon be without it for a time but I'll try to keep up with y'all on the this thread while she has it.

13. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

This week we are on Chapter 9 - Posture and Tension... open for discussion.

14. pardonme

pardonme Guest

15. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

I don't think I'm this far along yet but there are times I do feel 'taller'.

16. Julie

Julie New Member

I've been really suprised at how often I hold my shoulders up and forward. Really notice the difference when I relax them.

17. pardonme

pardonme Guest

18. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

Yes, Pardonne, I did find my way here. How do I find out about Chronic Kaleidoscope Syndrome? thanks.

19. pardonme

pardonme Guest

20. Mnme

Mnme Guest

I recall at one point thinking my posture was as good as I could get it. But I was continually needing to treat my shoulder/neck muscles so finally the penny dropped that something was still not right. And once I knew to look for it, it ended up being something so simple! I was at my computer a fair bit at that point and thought I was correctly aligned. But then I realized that without knowing it, every time I sat at the computer, I was twisted. With the mouse in close, my upper body was pulling around ... and there it stayed for many hours. My body had to do its wonderful work and counter this by tighting the muscles one side of my upper neck. The daily TP work was keeping me in order, but once I sorted this out I no longer needed the ongoing work.

I compare my body's proven weakness as just like someone who has a sore knee - only the area I have to care for is around the C1. That keeps it simple.

I can't believe the difference correct posture makes. Without it, muscle care work fights an ongoing battle. And it also dramatically helps with appearance! Next time you see a little old lady hobbling by stooped over, consider the one thing that would improve her appearance the most ~ it's not makeup, it's not hairdo, it's not even skin care ... it's the ability to stand tall and relaxed. But losing the ability to do this is such a slow process that we barely realize it's happening.

Hope everyone is feeling happy and increasingly healthy! :)

Lee.