Doctors say Cannabis treats Meniere’s disease...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, Apr 19, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I dunno. I think I'd have a hard time seeing my kid on the couch with a doobie to relax after a tough day at school. I get the medical aspect and I support it. The recreational aspect...not so much.

2. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/03/us-israel-marijuana-idUSBRE8620FU20120703

3. Titus

Titus New Member

I don't approve of it for recreational use either. My grandfather and father were alcoholics. I don't drink. As far as medicinal, I'm totally in favor of it. I'm in favor of freedom to use whatever gets rid of pain and suffering and think it should be the patient's choice, with input from doctor.

I do know that weed tends to make people lazy and slow thinking. I've seen it in friends.

4. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

BAH docktors

5. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

que?

6. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Pineapple Express....funny movie...more like silly

7. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Faded, great article. I hope that we (America) are doing some of the same type of investigation into the benefits. I know there are a lot, they just have to find them and the legalize it - all over the world.

When I did smoke it to try it for the pain and dizziness, I didn't really like the 'high'. If the research being done can come up with a derivative of cannabis without the high, I would happily try it again. I know I'd be a candidate for it ;) Hopefully, it wouldn't adversely affect the tinnitus.

As for recreational use of it. I'd rather see my kid smoking a blunt instead of drinking. Of course he's over twenty-one too. I've seen him drunk once and didn't like the person he becomes. I told him I never wanted to be aroumd him when he's drunk again. He stopped drinking. I didn't care at all that he smoked. But then, a lot of you know a little of my history so you'll know why it's not such a big deal to me. If that's the buzz of choice, it's a hell of a lot better than so many choices.

When I did like the high, it was a relaxing high, not a crazy one. I know I don't hear of people getting arrested for being high but for having the drug on them. In fact, I've never heard of anyone commiting a crime because they were high on cannibus.

8. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

I finally figured out the right mix for me off all anti nausea drugs, It does not help vertigo but is working on migraines. I do not smoke to get high but when feeling sick it is working. I throw away the suppositories, and the rest of the meds. I actually have been feeling better moving around, cleaning doing normal things. I was not sure when I started this but I have a lot of hope, being away from the trash can is a blessing.

9. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Im glad to hear it. I hope it continues for you.

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Me too (glad to hear it) Cheryl. So many people are afraid to help themselves because of the legality as far as the federal laws go. It would help so many more people on this site if they were able to use it and not be afraid of the potential consequences. I have tried it and it has helped with the pain I suffer everyday but it increases the tinnitus to an unbearable sound do can't use it for the good it does do me. I'm just glad to hear that it does help you. I believe there are some forms on the market that do the good part without the 'buzz'. If that part bothers you for any reason, you might want to look into it. Buzz or not though, if it helps the sickness - go for it! Good luck to you girl :-*

11. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

I used it for 45 years & not now for almost 10. have no more love of it but the cloth is absolutely wonderful

12. Running Dizzy

Running Dizzy New Member

In the state I live in we will be voting in November whether to legalize Pot or not. It will be interesting to see what results will be forthcoming.

13. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

why not, it can help so many things.

14. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

re no crime. in no ca during, and after harvest season there are many home invasions, some of them deadly of criminals lookinf for pot and the money from its sale

15. Ifishdizzy

Ifishdizzy New Member

Unlike most N. Cal folks, up here where we live I keep a 12 GA.
    loaded with 1) beanbag (first round) 2) rock salt (second round) and then
    #4 Buckshot for a 3rd round. Our local Sheriff deputy has advised a few
    of us that for skunks like that "a little bit of vigilante persuasion can go a
    long ways".

Does Cannabis still treat Meniere's Disease? You betchya it does!

(JMHOEO, of course)

16. Samara

Samara New Member

I say go for the pot. It should be legal anyway and I am not a smoker.

17. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Totally agree. And I'm not a smoker either. I wish they (the Feds) would take some time coming up up with all the good than spending the time talking about the bad (which isn't a whole hell of a lot)

18. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

19. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

From prsonal experience - it works - real well!

Forget pills - that's what I use to stop vertigo, and it dose it within 15-20 Seconds for me...
    Plus, unlike the pills, I am NOT super drowsy and can pretty much immediately get back to what I was doing.

20. dolfan

dolfan Active Member