Doctors you would recommend in your area.

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by Buffy-Again, Feb 6, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Welcome kysaintsfan. You might want to post In the LivingRoom or Front Porch to introduce yourself or talk about you MM...more people will see it. As far as the doctor, /disability it's really hard to get it although some have been able to. I have it in both ears now. I live around Nashville and go to Vanderbilt, just a thought although it'd be a 3 hr drive for you. I've had Dex shots in my left ear and ESD in my right. There might be hope for you to get some relief if you get to the right doctor ENT's aren't our first choice on here, many don't know what to do with us. if you can get to a neurOTOlogist it would be better....

2. RonneyKay

RonneyKay I'm Okay when everything is not Okay ~tori amos

I agree about Dr Fucci here in AZ, in Chandler but I drive from Phoenix to see him. He is very kind hearted, professional and personal at the same time. And I feel got to the nitty gritty, I thought my first appt would just be a consultation, then I would have to come back... NOPE! he ran a batter of tests that very first appointment, and I finally got a diagnoses. We tried diet for a while, didnt really work, so now he is doing my surgery in February. i am nervous about it, but I know I am in good hands...

He is fabulous! if anyone is in AZ and needs a good doc, his website is www.azhearingandbalancecenter.com or it might be arizonahearingandbalancecenter.com :) good luck!

3. orbrown

orbrown New Member

I had a really good doctor in Anchorage, AK when I lived there 6 years ago who treated me for my meniers. I had the steroid injections in both ears and they worked for the last 5 years. Now we live in Oregon and I feel like I am walking around with a fuzzy bubble around my head, and pencil erasers in my eardrums, again. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good doctor (who listens to you) in the klamath falls or Medford area?

4. dadsdizzy

dadsdizzy New Member

Does anyone know Dr. Theodore Mason in Springfield, MA? How about any Meniere's doctors in Western MA? The drive to Boston and wait for an appt at Mass Eye and Ear would be rough for my 86 year-old dad. He's had 2 Epleys recently, but hasn't improved, was maybe made worse. He was diagnosed with Meniere's years back at Mass Eye and Ear and has also had BPPV from time to time. Thanks for any suggestions on doctors.

5. Wylee

Wylee New Member

I recommend Dr. David M. Kaylie at Duke in Durham, N.C. He is a Neuro-otologist.
    Very caring, super smart and just won't quit til he finds a solution

http://otolaryngology.surgery.duke.edu/research/clinical-research/vestibular-disorders-clinic

6. Rubiegem8280

Rubiegem8280 Trying to get my world to Stop Revolving Around Me

I am about to head back to MEEI on the 7th. I will be seeing a Dr Lewis this time. Neur-OTO-logy this time. Anyone have any info on him? I was under the impression Dr Smullen was an neurotologist last time but was missinformed. She was an ENT working in the Audiology dept. Very nice though! She sent me for the full vestibular testing and to Dr Lewis to follow up and treat. (at least I think)

7. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Dr Lewis is supposed I e an excellent dr.

I do know hat he is very involved in research and along with a researcher a meei named Daniel merfeld, he is also developing a vestibular prosthesis at harvard and meei which they hope to take to clinical trial in a few years as well.

Good luck, I hear meei is excellent.

8. June-

June- New Member

9. crazydevilsgirl

crazydevilsgirl My baby girl and me!

HI,

I am in NJ now and looking to move down in North Carolina in the Belmont area. Where exactly is that, somewhere off I-85, otherwise not sure to be honest. All I know is I have found the most wonderful man in the world, and part of the many concerns we have is I won't be getting the same care I could be up here in NJ, with Philly and NYC as back ups that are less then 2 hours away.
    So if anyone knows someone from that area please let me know?

I noticed that people name doctors and towns but not states, just little FYI... Thank you!

For Philadephia PA, Dr Gregory Artz at Thomas Jefferson and for North NJ (Teaneck) Dr Joel, Lehere at Northern NJ ENT.

10. crazydevilsgirl

crazydevilsgirl My baby girl and me!

Got this one down, and the boyfriend says Duke is the best hospital in the State. He also works at a hospital doing IT so he gets around, lol.

11. Dr Burcon

Dr Burcon New Member

11th Annual Meniere’s Disease & Trigeminal Neuralgia Symposium sponsored by www.MenieresResearch.com on Saturday, June 18, 2011. 9 am, Academic Auditorium, Family Residency Center, 3291 Loma Vista Rd, Bldg. 340. Exams: 2 pm, Ventura Wellness Group, 1732 Palma Dr, Suite 104, Ventura, CA 93003. X-rays available at 1 pm at Grossman Imaging, 2705 Loma Vista Rd, Ventura, CA 93003. Call (616) 575-9990 or E-mail [email protected] to register today. Doctors: $300, patients: $200, students or caregivers: $50. Seating is limited. Speakers available for radio, TV, magazine and newspaper interviews on Friday. Complimentary DVDs of last year’s seminar available for $5 shipping and handling.
    The keynote speaker, Michael Burcon, DC of Grand Rapids, MI has presented his Meniere’s research to more than 1,000 doctors of chiropractic at his research institute, Sherman College of Chiropractic and Palmer College of Chiropractic; and more than 1,000 Ear, Nose, and Throat surgeons at Cleveland Clinic, the Prosper Meniere Society in Austria, and the International Symposium on Meniere’s Disease at the House Ear Institute in California, and the Kyoto International Convention Center in Japan.
    Dr. Burcon started researching Meniere’s disease (MD) eleven years ago after having three MD patients quickly recover from their vertigo under upper cervical specific chiropractic care. His papers have been published in the Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research and the textbook, Upper Cervical Subluxation Complex, a Review of the Chiropractic and Medical Literature, by Kirk Ericksen in 2004.
    Burcon has established a link between both Meniere’s disease and Trigeminal neuralgia (TN) with whiplash injuries that misalign the base of the skull with the top of the neck creating a lesion affecting the Eustachian tube and/or the Trigeminal ganglion. About half of these traumas are caused by vehicular traumas and the other half from injuries involving head trauma. Burcon believes that the correlation was not made because it takes an average of fifteen years from the time the patient was injured until the onset of symptoms.
    Patients typically get diagnosed with MD or TN in middle age. Their injuries most often happened during high school or college years from a car accident, sports injury or fall on their heads. Few patients list these old injuries on their doctor’s admission paper work. In fact, they have often forgotten about them, believing they were not hurt if they were not admitted to the hospital.
    Burcon has produced three Health Talk videos for GRTV. Copies of Health Talk are available free on DVD. For more information on Dr. Burcon’s Meniere’s research e-mail [email protected], call (616) 575-9990 or go to www.MenieresResearch.com and www.BurconChiropractic.com.

12. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

I think this press release is in the wrong thread.

13. dreamylady

dreamylady New Member

hi
    i have today just being diagnosed with menieres disease as i dont know anything about this, ive just looked on the internet and found that all my symptoms match with this disease.
    i have had this buzzing and ringing in my ears and had awful spinning episodes which led me to beng sick and then i had to just lie down as i was terrified to move my head in case i was sick again. this has happened to me 4 times in the last 6 months. i drread the spinning coming on as i get no signs i can be just sat watching tv when it happens.
    my doctor is sending me to the e.n.t. dept at my local hospital i am going to have a hearing test i have had 1 before as i had the buzzing in my left ear (which has now moved to my right ear)
    i would just be grateful for any info i have just been prescribed buccastem tablets which are anti-sickness tablets.
    thank you.

14. tm53

tm53 New Member

Hi Dreamlady and welcome.

Suggest you Copy Paste your post into the Living Room section of this board, you'll get a lot more responses

15. Boomer Ann

Boomer Ann Even Baby-Boehner has nothing on me....

In Oregon, I hear the place to go is OHSU - Oregon Health Sciences University. But there is also a Vestibular clinic in Portland, can't remember the exact name, it may even be affiliated with OHSU, not sure. I live in Oregon, haven't been able to get to either yet. Plan to, tho. My ENT told me that most hi-tech anything medical in Oregon (such as extensive testing) can be found in Portland but nowhere else in the state. There are NO clinics, hospitals, etc., in any of the smaller cities or towns. Just ENTs who will tell you the exact same thing. Diuretics, low salt diet, anxiolytic. Sorry, but I'm not settling for that. I'm getting myself to Portland soon.

16. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

Just adding my 2 cents, he's a great doctor and very compassionate!

17. Kayla_K75

Kayla_K75 New Member

Does anyone know of a good Doctor for Meneire's in the MA area? I am in desperate need of help.

18. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

Hi--look right above your post, Dr. Rauch at Mass Eye and Ear is an expert with balance disorders and I would highly recommend him :) I find him to be refreshingly honest and very good at treating Meniere's disease, but that's just my experience. Worth the trip to Boston if you aren't close to the city.
    Good luck!

19. jesseandalison

jesseandalison New Member

Is anyone under the care of Dr. mangham in seattle wa.
    or have any input about him and his practice.
    has anyone been operated on by him?

20. Kayla_K75

Kayla_K75 New Member

I am far away from Boston, but I will find a way to get there...I need help.I am getting worse everyday now. No releif ever. Thanks for pointing that out, my eyes hurt alot, and I missed that post. I can't drive anymore, so will have to pay someone to drive me.