Doctors you would recommend in your area.

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by Buffy-Again, Feb 6, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. spinnyandringy

spinnyandringy New Member

Can anyone suggest a Doc in the Harrisburg, Pa area? Willing to travel if needed.

2. ptmays

ptmays New Member

Dr. Taylor at the NeuroSensory Centers of America at trophy club. They spend a lot of time with there patients and very comprehensive examination techniques. Balance testing, ENG, motor functions, intellectual aptitude (usually to check response speed), all on site. This is the only place I've had any luck with whatsoever.

3. Skye76

Skye76 New Member

For anyone in or near Utah:
    Dr. William I. Owens, McKay Dee Hospital
    Odgen, UT

Not only is his bedside manner fantastic, and is he willing to spend an hour or more listening and consulting with you, but he has excellent training!

He was a brain surgeon in the navy, worked at Mt. Sinai in New York, interned at House Ear Clinic, then worked at USC Medical Center. He is fantastic!

4. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

cdie, I agree. I see Dr. Peters in the same office. He's great. Really listens and offers suggestions, not platitudes.

5. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I live in the Tampa area and here the absolute BEST place that has been a major blessing for me is the "Tampa Bay Hearing & Balance Center", and I have been going there for a year now trying to treat my Menieres disease with Dr. Danner. And way back in 1998 I used them to treat tinitus and vertigo with Dr. Bartels and had complete success after 6 months.

6. JoAnn G

JoAnn G New Member

Dr. McElveen Carolina Ear and Hearing...Raleigh, NC. Dr. Cunningham was nice too, they both did my VNS 2 yrs ago. Been a patient of Dr McElveen since 95' when he did my shunt. Very very smart man, trust him with my life.....just wish I would have known bout anitvirals way back when, trying to get a script for them now! Hopefully he will agree!!!!!!

7. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

I have to bak off Dr. L. Robert Peters if you are on Medicare - he no longer takes Medicare as I found out two weeks ago.

8. JF2740

JF2740 New Member

Hey guys. I want to see a doc for my problems. Tinnitus/ears plugged/dizziness/balance problems/hearing loss etc. I emailed a couple guys, and they recommend Dr. Seidman or the Michigan Ear Institute.

Anyone see Dr. Seidman before? Which do you think would be more beneficial?

9. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

If you happen to be on Medicare like I am, forget about Dr. Peters in Dallas. He has stopped taking Medicare patients. Dropped me 2 weeks before a scheduled appointment. Still looking for a replacement. Saw a Dr. Fewins last week but he is an ENT and I didn't get the "confidence bug" from him. Like I said, still looking. Donna

10. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

YEA! I think. I found Dr. Philip Anthony here in Ft. Worth. Called his office today and he takes Medicare/Tricare which is my insurance. Talked to Andi (Andrea) in his office and we have scheduled a "meet and greet" appointment for Thursday. Heard he doesn't have the greatest "bedside manner" but I'm crazy so maybe I can at least get him to smile. All I ask is that he know what he's doing and communicates that capability to me. He is a neuro-oto with his office on Hemphill in the "hospital district". Wish me luck - I'll let you kn ow how it works out. Donna

11. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

OK. Saw Dr. Anthony today. I liked him. He sat and REALLY listened to me - seemed really surprised that it took so long for me to be diagnosed with the symptoms I presented. Agreed that it seemed the diuretic and valium if I feel "something" coming on are working. He has been "in the Meneries business" for many years and has a lot of experience. He wanted to know what I wanted from him. I told him at the present time, just monitoring - help if I get into trouble. He said "You've got it". Come see me in 6 months. His office is at 900 Hemphill in Ft. Worth. Cdie, if you run into problems with Peters, this one seems just great to me. Donna P.S. Plus he's a lot closer.

12. tovenaar

tovenaar New Member

Any one suggest a good dr. in SE New York, Hudson valley area?

13. lindaf

lindaf New Member

If you are in Central Florida, I recommend Dr. James Atkins, Jr of the Florida Ear and Balance Center located just south of Orlando in Celebration. Telephone: 321-329-3088. He is a neurotologist (only one I know of in the area) and has treated me for nearly four years. I googled him before I first saw him and saw an article that said he is one of the top ten neurotologists in the country, which was good enough for me. He also treats a sister of mine that has Meniere's also and did a cochlear implant on her in 2008 and she hears for the first time since 1990. Can't speak enough of his caring and sincere interest in trying to better the lives of his patients with Meniere's.

14. dianeandlee

dianeandlee New Member

Looking for a doctor in the New York/New Jersey area - any suggestions?

15. primo

primo New Member

recently moved to LANSING,MI. recently symptoms are back after years of dealing with it.any suggestions for doctors in this area.

16. in house a lot 67

in house a lot 67 New Member

do you know of any GOOD dr. or dr.s in south Wis.?

17. in house a lot 67

in house a lot 67 New Member

Hi any one know of a GOOD dr. or drs. in southern Wis. Thank You Pat :(

18. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

In south Florida: Florida Ear and Sinus Center. Main office is in Sarasota and satellite office is in Venice. I saw Dr. Wazen. He's very kind, low key and soft spoken, really listens and answers questions.

19. jesseandalison

jesseandalison New Member

anyone tried dr. mangham in sea. wa.
    he has been treating me for a year or two and still not sure if he is right for me.
    but i have heard that he is a great neuro otto surgeon from the U.W.

20. gmcdnh

gmcdnh New Member

If you are in the New England area I highly recommend Dr Rauch at the Mass Eye and Ear. He performed a gent shot on me last August and I have been vertigo free ever since. He is awesome.