Does tinnitus in "good" ear mean I'm going bilateral???

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Seatlegirl, Jan 19, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

that is very interesting...however I would have to be skeptical, since how much do they really know about the cause and effects of tinnitus? also, i i think for most of us, our tinnitus fluctuates wildly doesn't it? like for me i have had both kinds of tinnitus.

2. Juz

Juz New Member

I only have very high pitched tinnitus, wrote constantly. I've never had anything roaring, seashell sounding or anything that could be described as low. And yet in many other respects I have fairly typical MM.

Interestingly no health professional has ever asked me about the tone of my tinnitus.

Is anyone else hearing predominantly a high pitched sound or is it just me?

3. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

Juz> With the exception of my car audio experiment causing a low frequency humming tinnitus. Mine have been a very high pitched sound but keep in mind that goes back to military service in 1993 when an unexpected artillery piece fired without warning as I was walking past.

4. Juz

Juz New Member

Thanks mate, appreciate the reply.

5. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Very faint tinnitus was my first sign that my good was going too.

6. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

I forgot to add that it was a very faint high frequency tinnitus. Im not trying to alarm people as there can be many reasons for tinnitus but this was my experience. Its now evolved to more of the low roaring type.