For Database: Vitamin C as potential MM Treatment

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by carnyard, Oct 7, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. otter95

otter95 New Member

Has anyone missed a day (or even one dose in a day) while taking high dose Vitamin C or stopped it altogether? Any rebound effects?

How easy is it to keep up with multiple doses throughout the day?

Has anyone been able to go back down to a smaller dose (2 - 5 g/day) without any MM rebound?

Do you have a preference for the pill or powder form? If so, why?

Has anyone had success with Vitamin C without the JOH regimen? (I am on JOH and would continue it, but curious if Vitamin C alone is enough).

Sorry for so many questions, but would be helpful for those of us considering following your tracks on this.

Thanks,
    Otter95

2. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

Otter, I have actually been meaning to come here and post about this but been busy. It's easy to forget about the seriousness of this thing when you are feeling so great and showing no symptoms. About a month ago, I slacked up and was leaving out about 1/3 of my lysine (from the JOH regimen) and reducing my Vit C from 24,000 mg to 12. This wasnt intentional, I was just being lazy and taking my stuff in the morning and evening and nothing during the day. Within a week, my hearing went into the toilet, the tinnitus returned and I had a brief but strong (at least to me these days) dizzy spell. It woke me up really quick. I went back to the normal regimen and was better within a few days and back to my new normal within a week to 10 days. While I never doubted that it was the JOH and Vit C that were responsible for the disappearance of my symptons, I am sure some of you did but this sealed it for me. I will never get off my regimen again.

To respond to your other questions, it is not difficult to keep up multiple doses but does take a little effort. I find that my BT level does vary some days (prob based on what other things are going on with my body) but have basically stayed at 24. I prefer the pill form just because the powder doesn't taste great and I understand there may be some issues with the powder affecting your teeth so I use a straw when I use the powder. I truly feel that the JOH has set my body up to accept and make the best use of the Vit but also feel it helps my overall health so would not discontinue it.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.
    Debbie

3. otter95

otter95 New Member

Debbie,

Thank you for the informative response. That is very interesting experience. It tells me that a) JOH + Vit. C really works and b) that it does not necessarily "cure" the underlying problem. That said, there does seem to be promising research efforts out there attempting to permanently shut down the HSV virus.

I am currently one of the JOH + OLE guinea pigs, but I will definitely consider this if OLE doesn't work out as well I hope it will. For some reason, I am finding it a little harder to jump on Vitamin C, even though you can argue it is just another component to add to JOH. Maybe it is because it sounds a little more challenging, having to constantly monitor fluctuating BT levels to make sure you are getting enough to keep MM at bay. Has that been difficult for you? How do you re-measure your BT level over time?

Thanks,
    Otter95

4. CGR

CGR Guest

I stopped for two weeks during my surgery period. No change.

Quite easy once you get used to it. I take mine with breakfast lunch dinner.

Haven't tried, but i take mine to keep from getting viruses and have no desire to find out if they'll come back. I also take it to prevent any future potential damage to my good ear, and have no plans to ever stop the regimen.

I take both depending on my mood. Mostly capsules.

Good question. Maybe someone else has done this, but i started JOH before the C.

5. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

So far I've noticed my BT has dropped rather dramatically down to around 10-12/g a day and even sometimes less than that. It makes sense though - I have never felt better in my life and folks have told me I look remarkably healthy now and this lady paid me an ultimate compliment when she saw me today and said I looked like I was 25 years old (I'm 43).

Of course, I attribute some of it to my habit of meditating a minimum of 30 minutes three times a day and there are scientific studies that show meditation makes your skin younger as well as boosts your immune system. And there's the added bonus of being in touch with God/Spirit through that. :)

Ray

6. otter95

otter95 New Member

Ray,

Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Regarding BT levels, I suppose it is obvious when it decreases, but how do you know when it is increasing and you need to bump up your dosage? Do you retest your BT level periodically or is there some other sign?

Thanks,
    Otter95

7. solari

After awhile you learn what your body needs. It gets pretty consistent once it's healthy and the BT levels stay pretty much the same. When you feel out of whack or crappy or feel something coming on then you know to take more til you hit BT.

Ray

8. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

Just wanted to drop by and say hi. The JOH/Vitamin C continues to keep all of my old MM symptoms at bay. No dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus and my hearing has improved greatly. If anyone is still suffering and has not tried this, I highly recommend it!

Take care all!
    Debbie

9. mm-mom

mm-mom New Member

I have a question for my son who has mm but no access to computer. I also posted this in the Living Room so more members would see it.

I read this post and passed the info along to my son so he could try the Vitamin C mega dosing to try and get some relief from tinnitus and fullness of the ear. He has not had vertigo only dizziness. He started on C four weeks ago and worked up to 24,000 mg but did not reach BT, so today he decided to go for it and took 6000 mg for 1st dose then 4000 mg every 30 min. until he got up to 88000 mg at about 6:15 p.m. Still no BT, in fact no bowel activity at all today. Has anyone experienced this with the vit. C mega dosing? I read some of the references that Carnyard posted regarding taking up to 200 grams of C but am concerned that he has not reached BT since most of you seem to reach it at less than 24000 mg.
    Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated...Thanks

10. otter95

otter95 New Member

I just started vitamin C mega dosing three weeks ago myself. My BT has been as high as 50 grams, but that was while also battling viral bronchitis.

Does he have any other obvious infections besides MM? If you are concerned, then I would consult with a naturopath for advice.

11. mm-mom

mm-mom New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not battling a few infections. He has a lot of sinus problems and mild COPD. Like most of you on this forum, he has been to a lot of drs with not much luck so when I read this thread I passed the info on to him and he decided to try it. He did finally reach BT at 88,000 mg so we will just have to see what happens next. Thanks for your reply.

12. CGR

CGR Guest

I had sinus problems as well that showed up on a MRI. They are completely gone now.

My daily regular amount is around 12 grams lately. It was 22 grams for the first two months.

13. mm-mom

mm-mom New Member

Thanks for the info CGR. I'll pass it along to him I'm sure he would love to get rid of the sinus problems.

14. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

For those on JOH, is the amount of grams you mention in addition to the Vitamin C in the JOH regimen?

15. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

Yep in addition to everything on the JOH.

16. Kee

Kee Guest

According to Ray Cathcart, the amount of vitamin c in the joh regime won't do anything. You have to take 80-90% of bowel tolerance or you get no effect. It's all or none basically.

17. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

Thanks for the info!

18. solari

Correctismo!

I'm also glad to report I have been doing very, very well. My life is completely normal now.

Ray

19. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

That's great news, Ray.

20. SweetTater

SweetTater New Member

This is a little confusing to me. I started almost a week ago going slow the first day and building up from 4 grams, then adding 2 grams a day through yesterday, I think I had 20 grams - may have only been 18 grams as I got busy and lost count toward the end of the day but I have spread these doses out every few hours without reaching BT so this morning I decided to do the Vitamin C Flush so I started with a dose of 2 grams, then 3 grams after that first dose on the hour and at only 14 grams I reached BT after 4 hours. So why did I not reach BT when I took 18-20 grams spread out through the day? I'm not sure what to do next, how much to take now. :-\
    I have seen no noticible difference in my symptoms so far either.