For Database: Vitamin C as potential MM Treatment

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by carnyard, Oct 7, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CGR

CGR Guest

You reach bt faster when you intake faster bc it doesnt have time to flush out your sysytem. When you spread it out, the early doses flush out before the day is over and they dont count towards bt as much.

Im still bt-ing at 12-14 grams. Still have yet to catch a cold or flu. Awesome stuff even if you dont take it for menieres.

2. sirlanc

sirlanc New Member

I have just found an interesting study that mentions Large doses of Vitamin C act like an antihistamine.

As many of you know antihistamine medications like the FDA approved Meclizine are used to treat vertigo.

"Ascorbic acid is also a powerful reducing agent. Its neutralizing action on certain toxins, exotoxins, virus infections, endotoxins and histamine is in direct proportion to the amount of the lethal factor involved and the amount of ascorbic acid given"

Link to study

http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/197x/klenner-fr-j_appl_nutr-1971-v23-n3&4-p61.htm

3. June-

June- New Member

interesting!

4. goofygirl

goofygirl WDE!!!

That was interesting,but I had to google a few of his words even with my medical background :-[, but I think I followed pretty well..I'm taking 12 grams right now, along with JOH, and Valtrex, and I do feel better..wish I would have started them each individually so I knew which worked first for me, but I was feeling so bad I only waited a couple of days in between each..just enough to make sure I had no adverse reaction, because I needed something to work asap!

I do have a "rattle" when I walk due to so many supplements a day ;D

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

The study is 35 years old.

35 years ago we were at the tail end of performing lobotomies in the U.S. Now we know they weren't a solution.

Let's focus on more recent research and studies that have been replicated several times.

6. June-

June- New Member

Its not just what studies 'prove', it's also what they suggest. The line of thinking we overlooked that might explain the heretofore unexplainable. Ideas for new studies have to come from somewhere.

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

True.

But 35 years later most stuff gets discarded.

Not saying this study is part of the discarded stuff, just that it's always better to look at new research and see if it replicated the results of old research.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Research never proves anything. If you read the results of an experiment/study that utilizes the word "prove" discard it immediately.

Studies will only tell you how likely or unlikely a result is.

I know I'm preaching to the choir :D

9. June-

June- New Member

Yes you are.
    :D

10. CGR

CGR Guest

Some studies tell you how likely the results are.... given that the hypothesis is true. However, since we can never know if the hypothesis is true, then those results are meaningless.

Other studies tell you the probability of the hypothesis given the findings. This is useful information.

Replication is the most useful info, and many of the C results have been replicated 1000s of times.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Cool! Thanks.

12. CGR

CGR Guest

13. Ainigma

Ainigma New Member

Hi

I have noticed that you do not seem aware of liposomal vitamin C. Liposomal vitamin c is supposed to be 6-7 times more effective than IV(!) and you can make your own very cheap.

14. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

Just an update all is still going very well with this. : )

Ray

15. Aliza

Aliza I'm still standing, alone but upright

That'a great, Ray! Happy for you!