God, I know you're there

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by hollymm, Sep 30, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

God, I know you're there!

2. Titus

Titus New Member

I believe whatever you worship or put on the throne becomes your god. When I accepted Jesus as my Savior, I had to get down off the throne and put Him on it. I don't limit God nor configure Him by the narrow scope of denominational dogma, rituals and legalism. I have faith that extends to the belief that God will guide me on the right path, despite myself.

3. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

I don't confine myself to one specific group of Christianity - I was raised Baptist but in truth I would consider myself a New Testament Christian. Meaning that when Jesus came He came to show the world The Truth and The Way to Eternal Life and that was Through Him. He did not dissolve the Ten Commandments but what I find fascinating is that He gave only two Commandments - truly a remarkable - remarkable thing.

To Love God with all of our soul and might. And Second to love your neighbor as yourself.

These sound simple but not so simple in a worldy world of many materialist people and goods.

I find that if I accept the concept that all roads lead to Heaven I can be led astray. Although that thought is nice I am not being true to myself or what the Bible (New Testament - Jesus) says. As it says the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. Being good and honest and caring and kind are honorable and there are many many good people in this world, and I don't know what happens to them when they die. I only know what Jesus says through Him is the only way to Heaven. That is why I speak of Him often as I care about people that are good and that I am so fond of - I want to see them in Heaven.

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I don't think the spirit or soul, if you will, of me will be put to waste (damned) due to any special belief. The good people of this earth, as the bad, may go to different places or become different things - but I just don't believe my higher power will toss what she/he/it's made away. We come from someplace and will go back to that place. I have absolutely no way of knowing, I'm busy just trying to be the best me that I can.

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

God, I know you are there with all your power, glory and never ending love for all of us.

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

The SON is shining and God is reigning.

I saw this outside of a church I passed. I wanted to share it with those who are faithful. It doesn't matter what you believe in as far as I'm concerned. If you believe in a higher power, and call your God a different name,,that's fine with me.
    I believe what I believe. I taught my children to believe in the same way.
    I live my life the best I can. That's all God asks of me, to be the best I can.

God, I know you're there.
    Aladdin, you are a special soul and very pretty, too! Very, very pretty! Your goodness and kindness make you glow, I like that!

7. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Goodness don't tell my husband I glow he will use me as a glow stick :) - but thank you for the compliments. :)

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

LMAO! A glow stick? Hmmmmm, what would that entail? LOL!

:D

I love you.

9. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Using it at night to find the calves to feed them. Often at night we have to find the young calves and bring them closer to the barn and their mommas because of the coyotes and cats.

10. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

I understand. It sounds exciting but it also sounds like a lot of work!

God, I know you're there.

11. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Yes it is - gosh - he works from sunrise to way past dark....thank you again for asking!