Going to Germany- Orthokine

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gfsound, Jan 30, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. gfsound

gfsound New Member

So I was going to write a post about all my most recent doctors, meds, and treatments, but they really aren't doing that much for me, so I won't waste any time with things that half work some of the time.

As some of you may know, I've done and tried just about everything out there for MM, and have had little success with keeping my symptoms at bay (meaning symptoms completely gone, all of the time, because anything else is unacceptable to me). So with some persistence I was able to get an appointment with the clinic in Germany and I will be going there to have the same procedure Dana White had done. Of course this is off label and there are no guarantees, but I figure what do I have to lose? At the very worst it will be an expensive week long vacation in Germany. Anyway, I am firming up my appointment dates, but it should be in the next 21-28 days based on the availability they gave me. They said I will be there for one week, with a consultation on a Monday, and getting injections each day until Friday.

I have been incredibly hesitant to post this before going because I don't want to return with news that the procedure didn't work. However, in the interest of positive thinking, here is to believing that I will be back soon with amazing news for everyone.

2. Vicki615

Vicki615 New Member

I wish you the best! I hope all goes well and it is successful! Keep us posted please.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Fantastic! Have a wonderful and productive trip :)

4. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Wow ,That's great. I hope it works for you.Please keep us posted.You are the first one I think from this site who will try this.Good Luck.

5. angrychicken

angrychicken New Member

I'm really interested in this. It would be awesome if you could come back and share your experience here - regardless of how it turns out. Also, if you don't mind could you share how much it cost you?

6. gfsound

gfsound New Member

Thank you all for the well wishes, and of course I will share the good, the bad, and the ugly.

7. Chinook

Chinook New Member

I hope all goes well for you. Please do keep us posted, it's good to hear about everyone's experiences. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you-best of luck to you!

8. GLA

GLA New Member

Good luck! I'm very interested as well ... Please let us know how it works out!

9. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

You got to let us know how it goes! I was pondering this myself. I mean, yeah, if it worked I'll find the money! Hell I've spent ten times as much in education. To be honest when Dana says cure I wonder if he understands what cure means. I really got apprehensive when he took Joe Rogan over and had another round of shots. When he was questioned about it he pretty much dismissed the question not saying they didn't work or anything like that but not a real good answer to the question.

10. gfsound

gfsound New Member

?????? I know nothing about this return trip. Do you have further info or can you provide a link? I haven't seen anything in the news since Dana's one and only trip to Germany. I'd like to know as much as possible before I commit to this, which is in the next 48 hours! Thank you!

11. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Wow .. Best of luck to you! I'm glad you posted this. Good or bad it's something that we need to know. I'm hoping for good!!

12. deadeye

deadeye New Member

good luck! have comtemplated the procedure as well started on antivirals and had some success and am still working with them am curious though why you are going to Germany instead of california or ny? nothing wrong with a german vacation!! i see alot of high profile athletes going to germany for other things and wonder why so many people go to germany when they do it in the states? please keep us posted and good luck

13. gfsound

gfsound New Member

Good question. The answer is in your reply. :) Why is everyone going to Germany and not to the clinic in Santa Monica (which is 90 minutes from where I live)? Kobe LIVES in Los Angeles, and he went to Germany as well. I don't have the answer, but I figure if I want the best chance at replicating Dana White's results, I better go see the same Dr. Dana White saw. If I didn't, and the procedure in Santa Monica didn't work, I would always wonder "what if..." Actually, I'd probably end up just going to Germany and doing it again just to be sure. So I'm just going to go to the source the first time.

14. deadeye

deadeye New Member

I hear ya. Please keep us posted. Wish you the best

15. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

You will be kind of in the neighborhood, if you want to stop by Stockholm for a coffee to let me know how things went I'll buy. ;D

16. gfsound

gfsound New Member

:D That's mighty kind of you! If I feel like "superman" like Dana White said he did afterwards, maybe I just will hang out across the pond for a little bit. It has been several years since my last trip there, and I've never been to Stockholm.

17. kevinb003

kevinb003 New Member

Best of luck! Please do let us know how everything goes. Safe travels.

18. cappelhans

cappelhans New Member

best of luck gfsound - how did you get approval from the German clinic? I exchanged a half-dozen emails with them, but they always declined offering the treatment for Menieres despite my promise that I had the scheduling and $ to make it happen.

btw, Dana's second trip to Germany (from what I read) involved getting Joe Rogan treatment for his back/shoulder and Dana have a second injection that was a pre-planned. It was a reserved dose of the blood factors that had been frozen on his first trip. Not because his Meniere's had been acting up again...as far as I know.

Anyways, excited for you - pls keep us posted.

19. deadeye

deadeye New Member

have to show proof of arthritis via xray or mri to get accepted for treatment I am still confused why people go to Germany when the treatment is here in ny or California the dr.s here trained in Germany; seems it would be the same? the doc in California does treatment also in dallas if it's in the knee their spine guy is only in California I've been cleared for treatment in dallas but am really trying with the antivirals

20. Halos

Halos New Member

good luck