Has anyone heard about Naltrexone (LDN)?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by oaktree8, Mar 7, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. oaktree8

oaktree8 New Member

For all of us who think our MM might be autoimmune related--my uncle, who used to work in the pharmaceutical industry, sent this link about a new drug that seems to work wonders with some autoimmune conditions:

http://www.lowdosenaltrexone.org/index.htm

Has anyone tried it for MM, or heard about it?
    Thanks

2. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

My MM is most likely immune mediated (I also have a Dx of AIED) but who really knows what came first ???

Thanks for the link oaktree....When I saw the topic I just had to read the article because the only reason I have seen naltrexone used is to reverse the effects of opiates (I'm an ex neonatal ICU nurse and we used it if the mum had opioid just proir to delivery...as this tends to inhibit the newborns ability to self ventilate!!!)

It was an interesting read, I had never heard of its use for anything other than the above. It will take me sometime to digest the info properly :) but anything new is IMO always worth a good think :)

Maggie

3. oaktree8

oaktree8 New Member

I've done only a brief search on the net, but I saw that some people said it helped with sleep, as well--wouldn't it be great if it helped with symptoms and with sleep as well?

4. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Thought I would bump this up as I heard about LDN recently and in doing a search on autoimmune mediated meniere's on Google it came up again.This thread is about 3 years old,but the link has been updated.Almost sounds like one of those things that are too good to be true.

Was wondering about people's thoughts on this.

If Menieres is autoimmune related this could be a big deal??

Anyone have any experience with LDN?

5. amberini

amberini New Member

The Road Back Foundation has a thread about it.

http://www.rbfbb.org/view_topic.php?id=4084&forum_id=1

6. Seattlekidz

Seattlekidz New Member

Here is another document that describes the use of low dose Naltrexon in autoimmune disorder. MM is mentioned as a possible autoimmune disorder on the last page:

http://www.dustysplace.org/docs/nax.pdf

I was not able to find ANY studies that have been performed to evaluate the effectiveness of low dose Naltrexone in MM yet. But it could be an option for treatment in the future.

7. upgrader

upgrader New Member

Just found this thread after looking into Low Dose Naltrexone, has anyone tried this for MM, its supposed to boost the immune system, im unsure of where you would get hold of it

8. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

interesting...but isn't Meniere's likely immune dysfunction rather than AIED?

9. upgrader

upgrader New Member

After reading the SS thread it seems likely MM is an immune disorder

This is a relativly cheap & safe drug that could be a potential game changer, im unsure GPs would be willing to prescribe it though

I would be interested in hearing from anyone with MM who has tried this

10. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

i didn't read the entire report, but that's a long list of serious diseases it claims to treat...did it show concrete results in the report, and for which disease?

11. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

just read it...cancer? aids? MS? sounds too good to be true...if that's the case then everyone would be using it wouldn't they? it says it was approved by the FDA in 1984 so its not new.

12. nicmger

nicmger New Member

And this original post/thread is so old that if there was a true merit to this it would seem to be that someone on here would have know about or mentioned it.

13. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

Ohhhh nevermind...didn't realize this is so old. yeah definitely too good to be true. bummer, got a little excited.

14. upgrader

upgrader New Member

I bumped this after stumbling on LDN on another site, I did a search on this site but there hasn't been much chat on it, It's old but I think the op is on to something, there are many people on forums raving about the drug for MS and other various immune disorders, I would be interested to see or hear about the effect on mm, this could be the ingredient in SS vaccine

15. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

if this was the ingredient in SS protocol I would be disappointed...there's also a lot of info talking about it being a bogus claim...I am open to it and would be hopeful, but yeah would be disappointed.