Here is my Problem With NUCCA and Atlas Alignment

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by nassman, Mar 1, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hank, if you think the tubes are causing problems with your hearing, can't you have the doc take them out? Lisa

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Before he put them in my ENT told me that the tubes would make no difference with my hearing. He was wrong. He tells me that they will fall out on their own. He maybe wrong again; but I have heard that they should. It seems to me tha the prospects for the eardrum to heal are better if the tubes fallout without having to cut them out. I'm trying to do anything I can not to be cut on again. If you have any experience on this I would welcome your thoughts.

Thanks, Lisa.

Hank

3. milo

milo New Member

Hank,

My tube is in the process of falling out on its own. At my Neurotologist visit a few weeks she looked at it and decided not to remove it but to just let it go its own. It was installed in May of 06.

4. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Ok; I'm still not feeling great from the vomitting...but are we being sold NUCCA?

5. abc0401

abc0401 New Member

Lee -

I was wondering, when and in what format do you expect to publish your studies? In the meantime, would you consider summarizing the key features in a posting? A lot of us are very interested in what you have to say!

Thanks.

Rich

6. Sarita

Sarita New Member

I believe people are being offered the possibility to try one more thing that might help in the relief or elimination of their symptoms.
    I wouldn't call it being sold since nobody here seems to be making a direct profit from it other than sharing their personal
    experiences.

Sorry to hear about the vomiting. Hope you're feeling better today!

7. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hank, once one of mine was almost out and the doc helped it along. I don't know if they'd have to cut to remove them. I know they should fall out on their own eventually (and will) but if it really affects your hearing, I'd ask. It could take a year or more. Lisa

8. gtrvox

gtrvox our pooch Hugo

A hint would be nice. It doesn't stand to reason to post on a forum full of people with disabling symptoms, say that you're in possession of a great cure and then to be reticent about revealing it.

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if I'm missing something

George

9. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

This wisdom shines down over all of the arguments. You have your answers here. This is basically what Lee is saying (until we hear more details). It is what I have alluded in various posts by telling my story ad nauseum. It is what Rick says (with a dietary emphasis - that was his solution).

Redirect the energy now being used to ferret out nuances and to argue over what "you" don't believe in into finding the various, specific keys that give you, in your particular situation, health. Then share that knowledge with others here.

SpinininOhio

10. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Milo,

I truly hope you have found the answer and that NUCCA will help you to be symptom free.

Hugs, Tracy

11. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Pardonme,

I agree with every thing you said. Especially about the whole body approach. It just makes sense to me to not be so focused on one thing that you miss all the other possibilities. Look, question, read, try and above all keep moving forward.

Hugs, Tracy

12. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

That was a long read, but well worth the effort. Thank you Pardonme and Tracy for summing it up so nicely.
    Lee, I am interested in learning more.

13. Mnme

Mnme Guest

George, Rich & So Cal Cyclist - Spinin and Pardonme are saying it beautifully. The first (and hardest) step in finding your own answers is to believe they are possible. I was trying to say that they ARE, but that alone is a pretty big message to people who have been continually told to 'learn to live with' it. So where that should have been the very first step to build on... inevitably people question it (which I don't blame them, particularly given the nature of this thread) and so I'm stuck on page 1, defending my position. Meanwhile everyone who's ready for page 2 get frustrated! Catch 22. That's why PM's have worked so well in the past. I can turn the pages as fast as they like, and if they aren't interested, then they can just slip away without offending me.

Those who remember me from years ago will know that Rick and I were the two lone voices to suggest that a gluten free diet caused suffering in many people. This may not sound like startling information now, but back then it had me continually embroiled in debate, which slowed me down looking for more answers. It was very hard, so I decided to get the message out more subtly... Now, the gluten free diet is recommended on many websites. Rick still continues to share his info gently (good on you Rick!). If you hadn't already noticed, I'm more feisty than him :)

I also started trying to get people to consider the influence of the C1 area (and suggested NUCCA as a great option for those who were not up to a 'do it yourself' - free - method). But that's far easier, as it's just a matter of referring people to a website or a NUCCA. And you don't have to use them to be treated if you don't want... just get that Xray and see for yourself (knowledge is power). However, if you can't afford that, just look closely in the mirror.

But for lasting, astounding results, I found we need to apply concepts that are usually sold, for ourselves. Now to do that, you have to learn the basic wisdom behind many fields. That info is bogged down in jargon and complexity. So I sought to simplify it and link it. And work out how each of us can use it where it is free.

I have my eyes fixed on helping as many as possible. Right or wrong, I am trying to do my best, as I'm sure is everyone here.

Lee

14. annegina

annegina New Member

Pardonme--
    I've followed this meandering thread, seen it get very wordy and seeing everything from politeness to potshots and then I got to your post.
    I am about as sure as I can be that the biggest trigger of my symptoms is a hormonal one. This for me is all wrapped around and tangled up in the great change we ladies are lucky enough to go thru. That is the biggest exacerbator of my symptoms. What might be my answer? I am beginning the step by step to finding acceptance in my mind and management of my symptoms.
    I certainly cant help the men with my deductions. Some of the women really seemed to have theirs figured out--allergies, weather salt etc. But I can and am taking steps to find out what might be causing my very own symptoms.
    Henry found his, Rick found his, Lee is developing her ideas from her own, lived out experiences with her disease and helping others. We all just put them out there to share and comfort and challenge one another to go out and find our own answer. But everyone will have their own answer eventually with this
    disease that has no known cause and no KNOWN SURE CURE THAT FITS EVERYONE. A condition that has all the great medical minds just able to offer
    answers that only work for some people, some of the time.
    I want answers too, I want to pigeonhole what I have--to match someone else
    therefore if I have what they have and they found relief I'll find relief too.
    General wellbeing is a wonderful topic, coping skills and support and good news
    when we have it.
    I sure can agree with something I saw of Hanks
    You are your own best doctor. All the others are only consultants
    Thanks Pardonme once again for your clarity

15. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

thanks sarita

16. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Hi Lee,

I'm truly trying to give this post a 'good go' toward understanding it. Question: Whatever regimins or techniques that you have used to cure your Meniere's, do you stay with them, or were you able to stop them when all the symptoms were relieved?

Thanks very much,
    Hank

17. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

Lee

I love your signature!! Over the last two years that reasoning is what has lead me to see the limitations of each individual therapy and therapist (doctor) and to take control of my own health and to look at the entire picture and interrelatedness / the interconnectedness of organs/functions within my body... and so, pursue multiple, complementary avenues which have lead me to a much, much, much, much, much better place (am I "CURED" - pffft) than I was.

I would add, as a technicality, if you have tried a gluten free diet without luck, retry it along with elmination of the casein in milk. On the good gluten-free sites, they reference the fact that if you are sensitive to one, you very well may be sensitive to the other. Milk, it ends up, is a huge trigger for me.

SpinininOhio

18. Mnme

Mnme Guest

Good on you Hank.
    I see the word 'cure' as being very problematic as it smacks of 'Here's the problem, do this quick fix and it's gone.' I think that's where we often go wrong. It's like finding a plant that is very sick, giving it more water and fertilizer and then saying "That's it... I don't need to do that anymore."

As far as my personal health goes, I'm into life! I enjoy a few drinks, I have occasional 'pig out' sessions of my favourite foods (always gluten free... but hot fries, chocolate etc :) ). I get my knickers in a knot at times like everyone does. But the difference is, I now self monitor as a habit. The moment I feel I need pulling into line, I do it. If I get tense during the day, I put myself first by making sure I ease it away at some point before bed. Now I don't know whether you'd call that 'staying with my regimens/techniques' or not. I call it living :) ... requires no effort when it's a habit.

By the way, I certainly don't mean to intrude, but if your wife has Trigeminal Neuralgia, have you investigated the Sternocleidomastoid muscle? (this muscle can get stressed out in those who have C1 trouble). It refers pain to the Trigeminal nerve. If not, it's easy to self treat. If you want, PM me, if not then that's absolutely fine.

All the best Hank.

Lee
    (shame I had to bump this stale thread, but I would also hate to ignore your good question).