High dose Vitamin C people-what to do if I'm still at BT from yesterday?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by HappyGrace, Apr 30, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. HappyGrace

HappyGrace New Member

Had to take 40000 mg throughout the day yesterday to get to bowel tolerance around 7 pm. (my first day of it-prior to that was taking about 6000 mg for 2 months). I was gassy all night and still am, and this morning still having several very loose movements.

I was planning to go to 75% today, so about 30000 mg, and eventually after a week taper down to maybe 10000 per day.

Not sure what to do now since things are still moving so much-I don't think I could handle the 30000 mg today! Did anyone else have this issue?

It is sustained release C (not a C complex) so maybe that's making the difference?

(I'm hoping the C can get rid of the vertigo I'm getting now that I'm on the lower dose of antivirals.)

2. nicmger

nicmger New Member

HappyGrace, I thought I read to "not" use the sustained release Vitamin C in one of the earlier threads. Could be wrong but could swear I read that.

3. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Without going back and looking, I'm pretty sure that I have read this too.

4. HappyGrace

HappyGrace New Member

I may have read that too, but I could not get past 6000 mg on the regular C without getting acid reflux, etc., so I thought I'd try this.

Shoot, now I'm not sure what to do-I don't feel like the 6000 mg was doing anything and I can't get up past that w/out stomach distress.

5. nicmger

nicmger New Member

What about Emergen-C. That powder is dissolved in water and contains 1000mg per pkt. Perhaps because it absorbs as a liquid it wouldn't effect you as much?

6. HappyGrace

HappyGrace New Member

Great idea, thanks! I have used it before-not sure how the high doses would affect me though.

7. Donamo

Donamo Guest

When in Canada I took these guys:
    http://www.aor.ca/products-page/antioxidants/_vitamin-c/

And in the US
    http://www.vitacost.com/natures-way-vitamin-c-1000-with-bioflavonoids-250-vcaps-2

I also took some timed released ones just because I had them due to the JOH list.

8. nicmger

nicmger New Member

I take it sometimes more for when I feel a cold coming on (other vitamins in there too). I mix up 2 pkts at a time which is 8-12 oz and it has never impacted me in a negative way.