Honey Wheat Bread

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by shartsoe, Aug 26, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Okay, so I'm no expert, but his recipe looks pretty low sodium to me. It calls for 1t. of salt for two loaves. That's not alot, is it? Anyway, here it is. I'm trying it for the first time today and I will let you know how it turns out.

Ingredients:
    2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45
    degrees C)
    2 cups whole wheat flour
    1 tablespoon active dry yeast

1 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup honey
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    5 cups all-purpose flour
    Directions:
    1. Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, and stir well. Mix in whole wheat flour, salt, and vegetable oil. Work all-purpose flour in gradually. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes. When dough is smooth and elastic, place it in a well oiled bowl. Turn it several times in the bowl to coat the surface of the dough, and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
    2. Punch down the dough. Shape into two loaves, and place into two well greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise until dough is 1 to 1 1/2 inches above pans.
    3. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes.