HOPE FOR EACH DAY.......from Billy Graham

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Titus, Oct 7, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Titus

Titus New Member

October 7

Don't you realize that whatever you choose to obey becomes your master? Romans 6:16

Those who submit to the will of God do not fight back at life. They learn the secret of yeilding their own lives and wills to Christ. And then He gives back to them a life that is far richer and fuller than anything they could ever have imagined.

2. Cathy

Cathy New Member

Steve and I were just discussing a similar topic. We were driving back from having dinner with two other couples and passed the new movie theater on one side of the road and a place that has opened that draws people in for Bingo on the other side of the road. I am not saying there is anything wrong with going to movies or playing Bingo. But it seems sad that people are looking to do something to fill the void inside of them.

3. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I just love Billy Graham, I had looked at some of his old pics from way back when he first started out. He is a very humble man.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 8

He who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life. John 5:24

We may not understand everything there is to know about God, but we know what is important. He came down to earth in the person of Jesus Christ from whom we received grace and truth.

5. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 9

You shall surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

God will never abandon us.....He has plans for our future.

6. Cathy

Cathy New Member

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7

I love Psalms. I have been praying a chapter a day during my morning prayers. It is wonderful to be alone, on your knees and praying them as loud as you can, proclaiming His word.

7. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 10

The Lord went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way. Exodus 13:21

God is with us in the wilderness today. He will bring us through it and he will never leave us.

8. Cathy

Cathy New Member

From Beth Moore's book, "A Woman's Heart; God's Dwelling Place":

God's presence was manifested as a pillar of a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. God met the anxious traveler's deepest need in exceeding abundance: they needed to know that He was Jehovah-Shamma, meaning the Lord is present. Our ever-creative God revealed His accompaniment through awesome, multipurpose pillars.

9. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 11

You were redeemed...with the precious blood of Christ. 1 Peter 1:18-19

Why? Because He loved us.

10. Cathy

Cathy New Member

"precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ."

We cannot escape from sin on our own; only the life of God's Son can free us.
    LASB-NASB translation

11. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 12

If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. John 8:31

A disciple of Jesus is someone who has committed his or her life to Jesus and seeks each day to learn, to follow, and to share Him with others.

12. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 13

Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and merciful. Joel 2:13

13. Cathy

Cathy New Member

From LASB:

"God told the people to turn to him while there was still time. Destruction would soon be upon them. Time is also running out for us. Because we don't know when our lives will end, we should trust and obey God now, while we can. Don't let anything hold you back from turning to him.

Deep remorse was often shown by tearing (rending) one's clothes. But God didn't want an outward display of penitence without true inward repentence. Be sure your attitude toward God is correct, not just your outward actions."

14. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 14

Neither death nor life...nor things present nor things to come...shall be able to separate us from the love of God. Romans: 8:38-39

Praise Him....even when you're in adversity.

15. Cathy

Cathy New Member

One of my favorite scriptures.

From LASB: "These verses contain one of the most comforting promises in all Scripture. Believers have always had to face hardships in many form: persecution, illness, imprisonment, even death. These could cause them to fear that they have been abandoned by Christ. But Paul exclaims that it is impossible to be separated from Christ. His death for us is proof of his unconquerable love. Nothing can stop Christ's constant presence with us. God tells us how great his love is so that we will feel totally secure in him. If we believe these overwhelming assurances, we will not be afraid."

16. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 15

God is not ashamed to be called their God. Hebrews 11:16

Jesus' disciples seemed to be misfits to the world. Sometimes, we Christians appear as oddities to non believers. We must remember to never be ashamed of the Gospel and pray for both Christians and non-Christians.

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

18. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 16

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

When troubles arise, let the Word of God give you comfort.

19. Cathy

Cathy New Member

People are compared here to grass and flowers that wither away. We are mortal, but God's Word is eternal and unfailing. Public opinion changes and is unreliable, but God's Word is constant. Only in God's eternal Word will we find lasting solutions to our problems and needs. LASB

20. Titus

Titus New Member

OCTOBER 17

He who loves his wife loves himself Ephesians 5:28

Remember.....love is a verb......not an emotion :) Pastor Graham reminds us that it takes three to make a successful Christian marriage: You, your spouse, and Jesus.