Housebound v.s. 'The World'

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by hollymm, Jun 22, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

Yoga is really good for shutting up the voice that never shuts up.

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

But isn't it yoga that comes with a mantra?? Oh, that's meditation - nevermind :D

3. Titus

Titus New Member

Yep, today was Friday and the soap left me hangin till Monday.

4. Titus

Titus New Member

Sarita, If I win the lotto, I'm sending you a 55 inch TV with all the premium channels. Knowing you, only PBS would be allowed :D

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Hey, what about me? I watch almost all the premium channels. I want a 55" Flat Screen too :-* :-*

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I left my house today to buy a bottle of wine and some chow mein!! How's that for baby steps - and I didn't even 'have' to go! My feet hurt rally bad right now but I feel good about going anyway. Maybe tomorrow I'll check my mail (just kidding) :D

Anybody else do what they normally don't do today?

Have you noticed there are no men on this topic? Aren't any of them housebound or something like it?

7. burd

burd New Member

That's great Holly, bit by bit you will get your confidence back. :)
    Check the mail tomorrow and then go a bit further. Each time can strengthen your determination, confidence, and resolve. And if somewhere you have a set back, we all do, and you don't have to let it derail your progress. Think about how good it feels to conquer fears. :)

And about doing something today I normally don't do...I visited my neighbors because they wanted me to see their new chickens. hahaha That is not a common occurrence. :D It's got nothing to do with conquering fears about my vestibular disorders, but it is unusual. ;)

8. Titus

Titus New Member

I had four people over to work on the condo association's bylaws. I had to medicate up to get through it because, I think, my PT was too aggressive and my neck is bad again (with short bursts of vertigo and off balance.)

Anyway, these people are not my friends nor do I particularily like two of them. So, that's different.

I would have rather visited the chickens, Burd :)

9. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I'm sorry you had to be around people you don't care for. I bet you had to be polite too! Well it's a new day and I hope you're feeling better.

Hey burd - what's that you got in your hand? It kinda looks like a gun!

10. Titus

Titus New Member

I feel hung over today.....probably due to excess Valium to get me through yesterday. I made a marinade for some chicken breasts and will grill them in a few hours. Made a nice salad and cut up some fruit. Ranier cherries are in season! So are Georgia peaches and Florida watermelon....yummy.

It feels good not to have to do anything today. I think I'm going to watch a movie this afternoon......and hope it rains again. We really need more rain.

11. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Rainier cherries - the best cherries ever!! I got some a month or so ago and have been looking for them in the store everytime I go. Haven't seen them again since. The "Farmers Market" is too far away for me to drive. Maybe one of my friends... Shoot, I forgot I won't be able to walk around for very long without these damn feet hurting like hell!! And just when I can walk on them around the house without crying too. Shee-oot.

Hope your day goes good Kim. Sounds like you need to chill out a bit :)

12. Titus

Titus New Member

One went back to Michigan....for good.....maybe.

The other, more needy monkey baby, was here for lunch.

13. Titus

Titus New Member

You're probably right...... Really? You still have yours?

14. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

My little monkey will be home soon and up under me with wants and needs... I can't wait!

15. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

OMG... my favourite cherries. ;D ;D

Holly, here in the Toronto area we can only get them for about a 2 week period and then they are gone until next year. :mad:

16. June-

June- New Member

I got all excited about them last year when I heard people talk about them, but I think bings have the better flavor.

17. Titus

Titus New Member

I found out they grow them somewhere in the Southern Hemisphere so we get them for a month during the Winter and a month (Washington's) during the Summer.

I usually try to stick to organic fruit but these cherries are worth the pesticides :D

18. gert157

gert157 New Member

Doing something I don't normally do?? Can you say wedding and reception????
    Indeed, I did go and was successful!! Go Me!!! haha
    It was my niece's wedding, a garden wedding....(anything outside is usually a good scenerio for me anyway) Lovely service, the pastor was the brother of the father of the groom (twin brother no less) and right before he pronounced them man and wife his voice cracked and he became very emotional, needless to say I was goooooone by them.... The tears were OUT of control!! I first started crying when I saw my niece with her daddy, I had seen her earlier in the day at the hair salon (oh yeah, I made it thru getting my hair styled at the salon too)..... Anyway, when I saw her walking the garden path with her dad, I was really trying to hold it together but I wound up letting out what sounded like a little"squeak" my son turned to look at me and my oldest daughter leaned forward to see if it was indeed me and they both just smiled and rolled their eyes.. My son whispered to me, Mama if you're going to do that you got really let it rip, like a big sob!! Anyway, made it thru and on to the reception, gourgeous inside reception, did have some trouble with the low lighting and lavender purpleish accent lighting but adjusted pretty well....I even danced some, one slow dance and a few fast ones!!! It for me was a BIG DAY!!! Had to go the the bathroom a few times to regroup from all the different noises that go along with a big reception hall, but bottom line was I did it and so glad I did!! BTW getting ready for a wedding is alot of work!!! The dress, shoes, jewelry, undergarments etc. WHEW!!! Glad I don't have to do that very often.....
    Well, my niece and her new husband are off to the Riviera (she, my niece doesn't know where she is going, it was a surprise from her new hubby, pretty neat idea right?) She said "Aunt Leanne I have no idea where Tony is taking me for our honeymoon, I am just to go with him to the airport and it will all relieve itself... How fun.....Anyway guys, that was my Saturday, I was way beyond pooped by 11:00 pm but sooo worth it....So if I'm being totally honest here, I did have my moments that were "challenging" but I kept pushing and Meneires lost yesterday, it did not steal another one of life's precious occasions... SO TAKE THAT YOU F#$%ING THIEF IN THE NIGHT!!!! What's next?? Who knows?????

19. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

That is wonderful gert!!! ;D ;D I'm so proud of you. I know it must have been very difficult for you. Slipping out for a few minutes to get back what the party was taking away was a great idea. I'm just so happy you were able to enjoy something so precious as a family wedding. I hope more happens for you. I know how hard it is to step out that front door. I couldn't have done what you did. Yay! :D Beat that beast - you go girl!!! ;) :-*

20. gert157

gert157 New Member

Thank you so very much Holly!! I appreciate your words so very much!! I really do.........
    Your day is coming, I know it is, all in good time... Gotta tell ya though yesterday (day after wedding and reception) I was totally spent! Tired does not even begin to describe how I felt, whew!! Even today, still struggling.... Sensory overload in a big way!!! Feet are sore feel like I am walking around like a zombie! So, taking it very slow today, not pushing myself at all..... I can't!!
    Thanks again, Leanne