I am so good or bad I puzzle experts!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by recentlydizzy, Mar 31, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

I was able to see the expert today and I have to say it was an experience unlike any other. Two and a half hours long experience. We went over everything from top to bottom inside and out. Her notes was several pages long. The info from my ENT was very brief, well it was actually the stuff I had provided to him from my physical therapy. So she didn't have a lot to work with so she pretty much did all of the testing all over again on a different machine.

This machine is the grandfather to the Biodex machine (you know the one they put a harness on you). Well only one area of potential concern but overall average was pretty normal. This is the fun part coming up. She wanted to give my eyes a further check on that same machine except this time I got to sit in a chair and look at a monitor. I think, and don't quote me on this but a section of the (eye) test called (DVA) I was the exact same in both eyes .24+.24. Apparently this is way not normal actually in her experience never heard of. So this is where things come to screeching halt. She is going to consult somebody about that test and see what is up with that. Two more weeks of therapy and I return to maybe find out what that was all about.

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I'm atypical for Meniere's and SCD.

Most of us aren't classic cases and our root causes are different. :)

Have you done the usual vestibular test such as caloric, vemp, ecog, etc?

3. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

Thanks for the reply Caroline!! Yes I did the VNG, 25% weakness on the Left, ironic that is the ear that has never hurt it has always been my right.

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Only the VNG? They should have done a range of vestibular testing. :/

5. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

Thanks again for the reply Caroline! My guestimate is that test with the eye thing really freaked her out. As we stood there looking at the computer screen she went on and on about how that wasn't normal so maybe any further testing is on the back burner until she figures that out. I'll know in two weeks.

6. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

It's strange that no one has sent you for the full round of vestibular tests before you saw the NeuroT. I'm surprised that this Doctor didn't in the meantime as it creates a bigger picture for them.

It's generally the first thing that they do.

7. recentlydizzy

recentlydizzy New Member

Well the look on her face was kind of priceless when she went to grab my referral and about four pages was in it. I had to (no kidding) give her the letter the ENT wrote for Social Security Disability so she could find a diagnosis! When she saw it she said well I guess that is rather vague. So I am sure it was a rough two hours for her.