I just found out a friend passed away

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by karenlr, Aug 9, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. karenlr

karenlr New Member

I spend most of my life right now working, I answer phones and take orders all times of the day and sometimes night. One of my favorite customers was a man
    named Josh, he would call and ask me how I was doing or call me up just to share a joke he thought I would like. When he had a bad day he would sometimes call
    me and tell me I needed to cheer him up! I never got to meet him in person just shared conversation over the phone for the last 4 years. His boss called me this morning to ask some questions about some parts they need, when I asked where Josh was he got quiet for a few moments and then asked me if my name was Karen.
    Then he told me Josh had been in a plane crash and was killed. It took me a while to process what he was telling me, all I could do was tell him how sorry I was and how much I will miss him. We spend so much time running about doing this and that. We forget how fragile life is and how fleeting our time here is.
    I'm really going to miss Josh a lot and it seems he had notes on his desk to call me and say hi, how special is that?

2. burd

burd New Member

What a sweet experience you had with Josh.  And how very sad to hear something like this.  I call it "the brotherhood of man", inspired by a beautiful song from The Innocence Mission by the same name, which is about the simple encounters we have with people that seem so small and yet touch us on a deeper level and reassure us of the good in the world in these lovely little ways.

"We are in the wind, planting the maples.
    We meet an older man who seems to know
    I miss my dad.
    And he smiles through the limbs.
    We talk easily with him
    until the rain begins.
    This is the brotherhood of man."

3. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

hugs/prayers

4. karenlr

karenlr New Member

Thank you guys, Josh was special, he was there a lot when I was going thru a very dark place in my life.

5. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

So sorry, Karen, those human connections are priceless.

6. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Sorry to hear that Karen and I know how you feel, because I have lost a close friend(in 1992)and several casual friends and co-workers along the way in my lifetime.

7. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

I'm so sorry Karen. I have met alot of people over the phone and have been friends as you have and have no idea what they look like, still they are close friends. My heart goes out to you. It's kind of like we are on here, some we'll never meet. I'm sure you know he was thankful to have a friend as good and true as you.

8. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Very sorry to hear about your friend.

9. Daize

Daize New Member

I am so very sorry Karen. I also feel the same way of DC reply.

much hugs

10. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

So sorry Karen. I understand because when I worked, I had so many friends that I met on the phone and to this day wonder where they are and how they are.