If God really loves me

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by hollymm, Jul 16, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

If God really loves me, why does he make me choose how to love him?

Why is there such hatered and disparity between the religions?

Why does he talk to Islamic people with such love and then tell them those that do not believe will suffer a horrible death.

Why does he tell Christians that he loves them but they must believe through the trinity or suffer the tortures of hell? Why would the Christian God tell his people to keep away from those who do not go to him through Christ although they love God as mightily as any Christian?

Why would Jewish people be forgotten because they don't believe Christ was born of god? They are good. They read and live by their book yet God tells them to stay away from those who do not believe as they do.

The more I read, the more confused I get. Why must I choose which book to read or philosophy to follow to have a good life or even afterlife?

You'll say I don't need to choose but I will die a horrible death if I don't choose and choose right. There is good and love in everything I read about. I am no scholar. I have no doctorate or graduate degree in religion or philosophy. I am no scientist. I read people. I look at their actions and listen to their words. I try to read between the lines to see the lies.

Tell me, why must I believe as you or die? I'm afraid unto stillness for fear of the wrong choice. We can make ourselves believe anything. We do it everyday.

If God is so loving why does he ask me to hate?

2. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

To me God's love and his blessings are made to be simple, it's human beings who twist it all around and make it all so complicated. That's why I have cut out the middle party(churches)and just keep it between him and I with a set of simple rules that must be followed.

3. charlesj

charlesj New Member

You raise some very good questions Holly. I wish I had the answers.

4. corona

corona New Member

Take what enhances your spiritual growth and discard the rest.

5. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

I think it's all about faith. I have faith that God takes care of me, when I ask for a miracle, I get it if it's meant to be. When it's something so unrealistic, I simply ask for the strength to accept what is. I think every religion is faith based. There is no right or wrong way to honor God, from speaking to Him at home or in a synogogue, a church or a mosque. It's the faith you have in your heart and the belief that there is a higher power, whether that's God, Allah, B'Ahai (spelling) or something you believe in.

6. June-

June- New Member

God doesn't ask any of those things. Some people do but God doesn't.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

"Tell me, why must I believe as you or die? I'm afraid unto stillness for fear of the wrong choice. We can make ourselves believe anything. We do it everyday."

Just choose God and ask Him to show you the way to go. And then pray about it often. There is really no secret. God has promised to reveal himself to those who diligently seek Him.

8. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

I am 1,000% sold on God and the future he holds for me, and that comes soley from me and not from any church or religion.

9. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

God only asks that we have faith. He asks for our love and respect. He doesn't give a hoot what church we choose or even if we choose no church.

10. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

A-M-E-N!!

11. karenlr

karenlr New Member

I think Hollymm you are reading what other people tell us about God, the God I believe in asks that I believe in him with all my heart. He doesn't ask me to go out and hurt others, that's not who he is or what he's about. Every group has some that will take the belief system and turn it into something that its not ment to be.

12. Steve333

Steve333 New Member

i believe in a God who loves me unconditionally. i trust in Jesus and don't really care what the various churches teach or preach. they are humans and God is God.

just seek God.

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

So, I can be Jewish and still go to God?
    I can be Islamic and still go to God?
    I can be Christian and still go to God?

[without prejudice I must add]

I hear what you're saying but thousands of people say you/we are wrong. If you don't pick the right religion you do not truly believe in God as he wants us to believe...I see it over and over on these threads. How am I to understand if God is saying so many different things?

I'm truly not trying to start anything more than a discussion about what the different words that tells us about any other religion than the one we are currently reading.

I do wish to seek God - but where?

14. June-

June- New Member

" I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in."

G W Carver

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I love what you say June. If you don't mind may I ask your religious background - I mean which religion do you follow?

16. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

God is a part of you and you are a part of him, so he's as close as the end of your nose pretty much.

17. corona

corona New Member

I would encourage you to read Confessions of St.Augustine....it's about his struggle for religion and spiritual meaning even though he believes in God. It was written in 4th century Rome. I think you would find meaning in it.

You can download the book for free here:

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/3296

18. birdmom3

birdmom3 New Member

The answer is that man is human and humans have faults. And we all hate each other and their differences because of our predisposed prejudice. Nobody knows what is in the next life or if there is one.

Hating people because they do not respect others and their beliefs is wrong. Don't you find it odd that we are still asking this question when it is simple.

Accepting all of the silly notions that believing one is better than the other is pure junk. Love of ourselves and our fellow human beings is the only way to resolve this dilemma. And why do you wonder? Isn't it great that we are alive? And why are such vast diversity on earth? Maybe the creator and your God planned it this way so we have a melting pot.

Problems are a part of life.

birdmom3

19. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

God never teaches us to hate or shun others; just the opposite in fact. We are to live in peace with others where we possibly can.

God does tell us to shun evil. So we would shun Muslim extremists who view us as the 'evil Satan' and feel justified in destroying us. We would also shun any other person, even so-called Christians, who engage in evil acts. This only makes sense.

We do not shun other Muslims or people of other religions, however.

Christians are accused of being intolerant because we won't embrace the beliefs of other religions. That being the definition of intolerance, then those that don't embrace our beliefs are also intolerant. The charge goes both ways.

Yes, Jesus does teach "I and My Father are one" and "No one comes to the Father except through Me" and Christians believe Him. But I leave matters of faith between God and the individual. I don't look at people in terms of 'saving them' because I know God saves. I look at people as creations of God - all with unique God-given beauty and gifts. I interact with people as myself, a person that believes in God, but I am not God.

If people want to know God, I tell them to pray and trust He will answer. He may have to lead you through a maze of misperceptions and preconceived notions, but He will guide you. Trust Him. :)

20. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

This is why I love being the founding member and head pastor of the church of ME, where none of this confusion or finger pointing exists. ;)