If God really loves me

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by hollymm, Jul 16, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. corona

corona New Member

Oh Hank :D Stop exasperating people. Answer the questions I asked you instead of butting your news in Tom and June's exchange. I don't think they need you to mediate.

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Boy, I wish I had time to get into this one. You made a good point though, that "those Gods not existing anymore because they weren't as strong or worthy or deserving (I can't remember your exact words) was a false statement. Those civilizations were wiped out." That is probably more profound than you can imagine. Yes, in the case of these gods, when the people who believed in them were wiped out, then so were they. And THAT, is how the Bible reads that Satan will be defeated. Those who follow Satan will be wiped out. When that occurs the spirit of Satan is wiped out as well. Quite profound, Sarita. I must give you credit for that one.

But now, tis bed time in the east...

3. corona

corona New Member

This is bullshit terrorist freaky talk and I totally dissociate from it.

This is the kind of reasoning that guided the airplanes into the twin towers and the pentagon resulting in the loss of hundreds of innocent lives. I abhor this type of thinking.

4. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

This is some sad stuff...

It does, however bring us back to the original post although it was a strange route, I must say. Re-read the original post - that's right where we are after 34 pages

5. corona

corona New Member

It's disgusting. Sorry Holly, I don't want to be a part of this thread anymore.

6. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Believe me Sarita, I understand.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Don't we overreact?

In the scriptures, here is how Satan will be defeated. Satan is spirit. God is spirit. Satan's spirit is in everyman. God could just kill every man and be done with it, spirit of Satan dead, but God wills that all men come to repentence and live with Him forever in the house of the Lord. That is why God doesn't just kill Satan now. To do so, He would have to kill all men who have the spirit of Satan in their hearts. The first action we take in rebellion against God, that spirit of Satan ownes us. We are lost to God. That is why it is said that Satan feeds off the souls of the lost. He inhabits their souls. His spirit communes with their spirit. And that is why man needs a redeemer.

Again, I always speaking of the Biblical scriptures here. Hank doesn't come up with this. But in the scriptures, various gods, other than the one God, Jehova, are manifestations of the spirit of Satan. Biblically it has to be that way. We are either with God, or against. As Lincoln quoted Jesus Christ, a house divided cannot stand. One can only stand with God, nothing else. So what happens when a civilization such as the Inca's is wiped out? When men who have the spirit of other gods communing with their spirits die, then so do the spirit's of those other gods. All [g]ods lead to death. Only God leads to life. And here is where we come full circle. God is masculine. God is the giver and protector of life. Man receives his life from God. But in a way, Satan also receives his life through God. That is because he lives in the souls of men, communing with man's spirit. All of these other gods live in the souls of men. These gods cannot convey life to men. That is because men give them life. These gods live as a succubus off men. So when men die, the succubus has nothing to keep it alive. That spirit dies at the same time.

Now you guys are acting all offended by this. Methinks we act a little more than needed here. But lets put this to the test in the case of the Inca's. When is the last time anyone worshipped the Incan gods, Imahmana Viracocha and Tocapo Virachocha? How about Inti? Konira Wirakocha? Mama Quilla? Manco Capac? In a very real sense, those gods all died with the Inca's. When the Inca's were conquered and killed, the spirits of these gods died along with them, erased forever from the earth. Look at all the Greek and Roman gods. With the death of ancient Greece and Rome, so did the spirits of their gods die. So spirits live in the hearts of men. We take on any number of spirits during the course of the day. We give life to these spirits. Without us giving them life, these spirits have nothing to feed upon. They die.

I am reading this morning that these Incan gods were purely mythology. Are we sure of that? I certainly am not. Ephesians 6:12 tells us that man's earthly struggles are not really based in the natural world. They are based in the spirit world, allowing, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." That is a very powerful and potent passage. It says so much about the relationship between the natural world and the spiritual world. For every action in the natural, there is a corresponding action in the spirit. When we worship idols, when we worship false gods, we give life to their control over us. We give life to the spirit of false gods. These false gods actually live; they are real, in the spirit world. They feed off of us. So in that spiritual sense, the Incan gods were not mythological. Their spirits were as real as any spirit, as real as the Spirit of God.

Fear is a most powerful god. Anything that controls us, is a god. When the spirit of fear controls us, we give that spirit authority over us. Whatever rules us is our god. In that manner of speaking, fear is to the fearful as any god is. But that spirit comes from man, not to man. As soon as fear subsides, that spirit no longer controls. It has lost its power over us. It is no longer a god over us. gods do not exist outside of man. So all these incan gods, or Greek gods or Roman gods, whichever god's you may think of, as soon as the people who gave them life died out, the spirit of these gods no longer existed. Their spirits are quenched. Scripturally, the only God whose Spirit cannot be quenched, is Jehova, the God of the Bible. That is because all other gods lead to death. But God is life itself. Life cannot die. That is also why God is eternal. God is life. If life dies, it was not life. Life by definition, cannot die. Life can be removed, but it cannot die.

Now in the Biblical scriptures, God chose the decendants of Abraham, judged a righteous man by God, through his son Isaac, to carry His Word to the world. Think about it. God needed to choose someone, right? So that is who He chose, according to the scriptures. And that is what these ancient scriptures are all about, informing the world, Satan's playhouse, about God, the giver and protector of life in the universe. In these scriptures, God does not tell us that no other gods exist, however, He says that we should not put any other gods before Him. That means that there is only one true God, giver and protector of life, but that there are other gods that man, in his rebellion against God, might put before Him. What I am saying is that, according to the scriptures, these ancient civilizations placed other gods before the one true God, this according to the scriptures again, not Hank. These civilizations gave life to these gods. And through it all, the remnant of the nation of Israel, which according to the scriptures carries God's Word to the world, has been protected through every trial and tribulation and attempt to exterminate it. But during this same time, other civilizations, very powerful during their times, the most powerful nations on earth, much more powerful than any nation of Israel, have fallen by the wayside and the spirits of the gods they gave life to are no longer active, dead.

What is interesting about God of the Old Testament is that two nations now claim to carry His word, the nation of Israel and the nation of Islam. Both purport a similar beginning. And both are incompatible, which incompatibility is the very spirit that gives rise to the need for control over Jeruselem, housed in Israel. Jeruselem is the geographic center to the conflict of all nations. In Jeruselem began both Israel as a nation and Christianity. So the spirit of both emanated from Jeruselem. That is no coincidence. Scripturally it had to be that way. But the spirit of Iskam also claims to emanate from Israel. That is why Muhammed's geneology is important. If the spirit of Islam emanated from elsewhere, but has since claimed Jeruselem, then it has no right to do so. So this the rub in the Middle East. So in allowing this, I have now answered the question I posed to Holly earlier.

Now look, this is all scripture stuff. If you believe it, that is up to you. If you don't believe it, you have nothing to be mad about. It is all just mythology anyway. But this is what the scriptures tell me, and because we are talking about it, I tell you. No one has to believe anything I write.

8. Perses

Perses Guest

I never said that nor did I ever pull any post. Stop trying to bait please. It is getting tired.

9. Perses

Perses Guest

I love how Hank keeps using the term Israel when really talking about those who practice the Jewish faith. Hay Hank, do you realize that an Israeli can be Jewish, Christian, or Muslim (amongst many other things)?

Seriously, this debate should end because it is becoming laughable.

10. Perses

Perses Guest

Anyone want to wager a friendly bet that Hank watches Fox News religiously (no pun intended) and his heroes probably include George Bush Jr., Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly et al?

11. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Actially, peering into my Blackberry viewer I did misattribute that line to you and acknowledged that a few posts back. And I do apologize. But now you have done the same with me. I never watch O'Reilly. And these evenings I am normally watching the Braves.

12. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

When I speak of Israel, I speak of the 12 ancient tribes, progeny of 12 sons of Jacob, Isaac's son, Abraham's grandson, who was renamed 'Israel' by an angel. I do not speak of the political nation, although there is certain overlap that one should assume of one over the other.

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Ok, ok hold on a minute. so, I understand now that Hank believes that everyone in the world that does not believe in the holy trinity should die. Put simply that is what you, Hank are saying. There is no longer any misunderstanding between us and you have answered my original question without equivocation. I can surley understand your last entry.

Now Im having problems with what Hank and Perses was talking about...

I love how Hank keeps using the term Israel when really talking about those who practice the Jewish faith. Hay Hank, do you realize that an Israeli can be Jewish, Christian, or Muslim (amongst many other things)?

Seriously, this debate should end because it is becoming laughable.

When I speak of Israel, I speak of the 12 ancient tribes, progeny of 12 sons of Jacob, Isaac's son, Abraham's grandson, who was renamed 'Israel' by an angel. I do not speak of the political nation, although there is certain overlap that one should assume of one over the other.

What are you two talking about? One is a place in the world where the other is a place in the spirit or biblical world?

Have you ever been to Israel Hank? What did you find there? Wasn't it many people of different religions praying to God? That was my understanding of Israel. I've only seen it on TV but for many people it was the realization of true spirit and they were awed by the different races and religions all coming together right there without hate.

Oh and I get a totally different meaning from the word succubus - isn't it female in nature? Cuz it seemed to be used with a different definition in mind.

14. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Holly, what I said was that all life comes from God, this according to the scriptures. God conveys life to those who have faith in Him. Again according to the scriptures. Faith in any other god than God of the Bible conveys no life, that ultimately means death. That is because those gods have no life to convey. They are like mules, sterile, neuter, no life. The ability to give life and protect life, is not neuter, it is masculine. That is why God is a "He."

Israel in anything I have written about is Israel of the Old Testament scripture. We are not talking about the nation of Israel since 1948.

More sense now?

15. Steve333

Steve333 New Member

just dropped in for a visit and this thread caught my attention. after reading the exchange of ideas and beliefs, i didn't get the impression henrysullivan believes anyone should die. rather, he believes that God is the source of life and those who believe in him, through jesus shall have everlasting life. perhaps i'm wrong but this is a basic core christian belief and not an opinion of henrysullivan.

my particular belief is similar but i could expand upon it by saying i think that god (jesus) reveals himself to those seeking the truth in many ways. an example would be a primitive tribe in africa, never hearing the word jesus. i believe that god receives those who seek him. i believe the method is beyond our understanding and i'm okay with my limited knowledge of god.

i wish you all well.

steve

16. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

It made sense to me the first time I read it. And I still don't believe God is a "he". God has no sex, God is an entity and as such is, to me, unrelatable as a human being. Image does not = sex. As far as Israel, thanks for clearing that up.

I'm beginning to think this thread has run it's course. There has been much anger and misunderstandings. I'm sorry for the part I played in any of it. I think my question has been answered, it is in my own heart, spirit and mind where I will find that answer. I just can't believe yet that God would shut out so much of the world when he would accept a 'bad' christian over a 'good' person of any other religion. He said no other god before me and yet the holy trinity has three gods tied together to worship as one. No other God before me.

17. Jordan

Jordan New Member

In Islam, the name Israel also refers to the Prophet Jacob. But I believe it is more correct to call the people Israelites (not Israel). In Arabic, we call them "Bani Israel" or "the children of Israel." It means the children/progeny of Jacob, and does not refer to the country Israel. In order to have an honest discussion about the nation of Israel, one would have to get into politics, which is not allowed by this site.

18. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Thanks Jordan, it clears a bit up for me as far as how Israel is thought of in Islam and as it is thought of in Hanks understanding of the bible - but it kinda sounds like the same thing to me. All this is from a religious point of view NOT political. You're thinking of it in the terms that Perses pointed out, right?

19. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Not sure, Holly...but like Perses I was perplexed as to why Hank is referring to the Jews as Israel (instead of Israelites).

20. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Steve said it right. Jordan said it right. Holly misunderstands spiritual masculinity. It has nothing directly to do with sex. It has everything to do with being a potent life force, one capapble of creating, conveying and protecting life. Spiritual masculinity corresponds with natural masculinity, but is not the equal. It is the spiritual relative equivalent of Adam before Eve was made from Adams rib. Eve completes Adam. Woman completes man, makes man one. God is one already.