If there was an atheist/agnostic section would you visit or hangout there?

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, Oct 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Speaking of Alien Abductees, anyone ever hear from Shining after she went to Alaska?

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

She only thought they were taking her to Alaska. Actually she wound up in Siberia. Here's a shot she sent me after disembarking. It's kinda grainy. Shining said it was because of the ice on the lens.

[​IMG]

She said that the only Internet they have is from a Pentecostal outreach church in downtown Belaya-Gora. So she doesn't get online much these days. It's too cold to sit outside with her laptop.

3. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Thanks Sarita, I was really burning, huh? =~) I did speak the truth as I saw it, but I know I was harsh. I was just tired of hearing it I guess.

Hey Hank, I didn't know you and shinning had a relationship outside this web!! But then, you two always did have interesting conversations...

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Oh yeah, she and I had a kind of give and take relationship. I would give and she would take. And now she's in Siberia. :)

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Yea, he did a good thing for me too ;)

6. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I'm just kidding. You know, I'm just a kidder. A lot of folks tried to help Shining.

7. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Oh yeah, here's another one Shining sent me, taken out of her cabin window during a refueling stop in Minsk. The snow was just about starting to fall there. Evidently she had a few moments of WIFI during the layover before she faded out.

[​IMG]

And now there's just that Pentecostal outreach church in Belaya-Gora.

Something tells me she's thinking of us today. I expect she's here in spirit...

8. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I'd also expect she's talking about being a wiccan believer. She was pretty strong in that arnea and never took offense to you (you know how you can be :-*) I miss her sometimes. She was always up for a good debate/discussion!

So Jim, Just how many times have you been abducted and did you learn anything about their religion and if they were tolerant of different belief systems??

9. Tara

Tara New Member

Every time I come here, I think about Shining. :)

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I hope Shining is ok because before she left she was quite sick and had just been diagnosed with Diabetes and was having a difficult time managing it.

11. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

Only once and like most abductees, we remember little about our experience--kind of like when you get a colonoscopy. As far as belief systems, we are all part of the universe. If one believes God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, as most believers do, then the aliens are perfectly capable of believing in a higher power--a prime mover in the universe. My guess is their take on it is that all individuals, even those who belong to the same religious affiliation or denomination, would have their own beliefs about it. The Baptist would likely see God in a manner more similar to that of a Baptist than a Muslim or a Bahai, but no two perspectives would be exactly the same. To use a physical analogy, we may all be fraternal twins, or brothers and sisters under a supreme being or "force", but their are no identical twins. Yes, there are people with the same DNA because they came from one egg rather than two, but even they would have a slightly different vision of God.

So, are they tolerant? I think I answered the question indirectly and verbosely. I wasn't OK with a simple, yes, of course.

12. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Jim,

I've heard that many alien abductees claim to have been subject to an alien anal probe. Could it be the case that they are actually conducting an intergalactic colonoscopy? If so and if you happen to be abducted again maybe you could ask them to forward the results to Earth doctors and Earth health insurance companies. Would cut down the need for Earth colonoscopies.

13. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

They control me with the nanochip implanted in my brain, so doubtless they know what I read and think. I wouldn't count on them acting on your suggestion anytime soon. If your premise is correct, there are, to quote the late great Carl Sagan, 'billions and billions" of stars and, ergo, trillions and trillions of colonoscopies. I wish they would have forwarded the results to my MD--would have saved my insurance company and me about $1500.

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Trillions of giant black holes.

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

It's not often that I laugh out loud on this site, butt....you really took me with that one!

16. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

COLONOSCOPY? Without having to drink that nasty stuff the day before... you have my attention now

17. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I remember asking the doctor what the heck was that thing I'm seeing on the TV screen? Needless to say, they gave me another shot of stuff to put me a little further down under...

18. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

My other told that during her last colonoscopy she remembers yelling out "Noooooooooooo!!!!". Yikes! Clearly the aliens needed to administer more space anaesthetic....