If you had one question...........

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Cara, Nov 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Cara

Cara New Member

If you had just one question, right now, this moment to ask God............what would you ask?

2. GreatfulTed

GreatfulTed New Member

Who shot JFK!

3. Cara

Cara New Member

Ahhhh good one Ted!

4. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Why are so many wars fought and why do so many people die in the name of religion?

5. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

it would be a toss up between what is the purpose of the male pattern baldness gene and where one can get the best Mexican food in the universe...
    or perhaps.....

[size=10pt]WHY?[/size](this one I am dead serious about)

6. pardonme

pardonme Guest

7. studio34

studio34 Guest

Why do you choose to remain invisible and not just show up like regular people do?

8. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Have I disappointed you?

9. Cara

Cara New Member

Wow! Jim............your response has brought tears to my eyes........not about the mexican food, lol, I love it too...........or male pattern baldness..........the best man in my life was bald and I miss him so much.......but the simpleness yet complexity of "why?" Yes, definate tears here.

Ahhh, Studio , you broke the rule............just one sweetie!

Intrepid............I have a strong faith, but you always make me think.

Lulu..........I ask that too.

10. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

"Am I going to heaven to be with you, and if not - what else do I have to do to MAKE SURE that I end up there".

11. rottiesrule

rottiesrule New Member

Is there really a Rainbow Bridge?

12. Lorrie K

Lorrie K New Member

13. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

You have to do nothing to end up in heaven Chris. Jesus already did it for you. That was His purpose on earth - to die for the sins of all mankind so that he who believes in Jesus will not perish, but will have eternal life.

I wish everyone could understand and believe that simple truth. As a matter of fact, to think that your works can get you to heaven is an afront to God. It denigrates the sacrifice Jesus has already made. HE has already provided the way to heaven; we are simply asked to believe that.

Think of it this way, Chris. Every time you ask what you have to do to get to heaven, God points to the cross and says: "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved."

God's answer to the 'why' questions?: Sin is in the world.
    His solution?: Savior

14. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Sigh. This thread is about questions, right? Not sermons. I already know the answer. 42.

15. studio34

studio34 Guest

Prima Donna, I understand this is truth for you but it is complete and utter fiction for me. I think we should stick to the question as asked by Cara.

16. ToniG

ToniG Guest

LOL...good one. :)

My question would be; what is the purpose of pain?

17. joy

joy New Member

My question: Why did Jesus have to die in such a horrible way? I mean, I understand WHY He died, but couldn't He have just ... I dunno ... been beheaded instead of beaten & humiliated & tortured?

18. Butterfly

Butterfly I will learn to fly agian.

I had to think about this. What question would I ask?

I dont believe I would ask any question. I think I would just thank him for his love and for being there to carry me and giving me the strength to go on when I am at my lowest. Gods love is amazing to me.

19. June-

June- New Member

What should I do next?

20. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

Disagree in the sense of, that means then that I can go out and sin like crazy as much as I want to since simply believing Jesus died for my sins takes care of it all. I would have to think that he would tell me areas that I strongly need to work on.......or else.