If you had one question...........

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Cara, Nov 2, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. joy

joy New Member

I did see those, June, & I appreciate them. Like I said I didn't read every post ... I probably should have before commenting ... shoulda coulda woulda ... oops. :p

As far as my rereading the past days' conversations, um ... no. Better things to do. You guys feel free to go back to it & take comfort in the knowledge that I won't get involved any further in this one.

Cara, I know my opinion holds very little importance at this point, but I did enjoy your original post & reading many of the believers' "questions to God." They were thought-provoking & interesting & inspiring.

I'm not gonna apologize for anything that I've said in this thread because ... well ... I'm tired of apologizing for my opinion. If everybody else is welcome to post theirs, then being an equal member of this forum, I will occasionally post mine, too, until Ray decides I should shut up. I'm not normally/routinely an 'offensive' person but sometimes I just reach the end of my patience.

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

You do what's right for you Joy and your opinion is welcome but if you are going to say people said certain things and be offended you should have at least taken the time to read what they said before you posted a comment on them. You have pointed out this exact point so I know that you get it.

If you were specifically talking about one person, eg. BYB, then all you had to do was address your comments to him instead of implicating all of us.

I would encourage you to read the conversation as it was a good one apart from BYB and Chris's contributions.

3. tm53

tm53 New Member

Sorry Cara.

4. June-

June- New Member

I think this is an important conversation and here's why.

Often I see people state that their faith has been attacked but when I look at the posts for the life of me, I can't see where. I see people who don't support the faith but not attacks. Occasionally there are attacks and just as often I see attacks on nonbelievers (I really find that word kind of offensive but that is another thread) for which the believers (same dissatisfaction with this word) seem to see no need for remorse. I think courtesy is a two way street. I also think we owe each other an effort to understand where we are really coming from, not turn each other into convenient caricatures to support a story line or our emotion of the moment.

But what really bothers me is that some people make a big hoopla and go out and tell others that the faith has been attacked and they should be upset when in fact no such thing has happened. We then see posters leave the board because of attacks that did not happen, other people claim that this is a hostile environment and so forth because a few people are reading the tea leaves and feeling rejected for one or another reason.

I know it is hard to read every post. I don't always do it. So sometimes catching a post here or there a skewed view can be arrived at but I think before we convince ourselves we are being persecuted we should go to the trouble. I don't make this response just to Joy but to everyone. Either have thick skin or read everything or be prepared to be corrected.

And to everyone, how about we look for the good in everyone else, period. If someone lacks what it takes to meet one's approval cannot they just be ignored? This is what I learned in my Christian upbringing.

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Good one June - like, like

6. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

Well you're right,I can say whatever insulting remarks about a mythical figure that has no known historical evidence of ever existing,and I'm not just talking about the Jesus Christ myth(http://www.jesusneverexisted.com)but all the gods that Man created.

7. June-

June- New Member

I just don't understand why you would want to. Where I come from, that is called being ignorant.

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

You may have the right but is it really necessary?? It's not exactly playing nice and I for one am sad to see it.

You may not have the right here if Ray takes that right away from you.

Does it add anything positive to the conversation?

Why do you feel the need to torment them?

9. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

?????-I'm confused June. However, I say ignore the pothole

10. June-

June- New Member

I didn't say I was a paragon of virtue ;)

11. carolyn33

carolyn33 New Member

Haha ok...The I'm letting the Pothole fall in his own hole, that hole will go pretty deep and it might get a little warm. He's not worth my thoughts, I have to remember the devil comes in many faces.

12. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Now whose calling the kettle black? Free speech comes in all forms. Some of them are just hurtful and perhaps, unnessary for the topic conversation. I try to ignore those things that aren't relevent or are mean spirited. I don't often get sucked into it (the pot hole). ;)

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Again, this is just oneof those first impressions. But in this case it has been a lasting one. Here is my mental impression of BYB:

[​IMG]

Anybody recognize this fellow?

14. June-

June- New Member

See, now I think that is just a personal swipe.

15. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Hey Hank! So, what's the guy in your picture saying?? ;D

16. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

[​IMG]

Beaver's gone to his room...

17. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

He's not saying anything that I know of. But that is Crabby Appleton, arch rival to Tom Terrific. You must be too young to remember Kaptain Kangaroo.

18. June-

June- New Member

I guess you are making your points by making fun of the people you are speaking too through pictures now. Is that correct?

19. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I guess whether I ever make any points depends on who is scoring. But actually, the picture is very flattering and is meant with a light heart, as is Crabby's.

20. June-

June- New Member

Really? I should be flattered? We're in pothole territory again I think.