In-n-out burger

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Center' started by daBronx, Oct 26, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. daBronx

daBronx New Member

Anybody ever been to In-n-out burger?They're a big chain of burger restaurants mainly located here in California.They're also a private Christian company.Some of their food wrappings have biblical names,chapters and verses.For example on the wax paper hamburger wrapping is printed Revelation 3:20.On the bottom inner rim of soda cups it's printed John 3:16.
    I had lunch there today.A cheese burger with onions was $2.20.I also had a light lemonade.
    Chick-fil-a is also a private Christian restaurant.They're closed on Sundays.I ate their once when Amy drove us up to Fairfield to visit a friend.Their food has a lot of sodium in it,but it didn't affect me.Still I don't want to look for trouble,so I probably won't eat there again.

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I love In-N-Out burger, I find them to have better food and much cleaner atmosphere's than other burger joints. They also pay their employees a much better wage than do most others. Whenever I get to visit California (my home state, but I don't bet back out there very often) I make sure to include a visit to In-N-Out. My daughter is back out there and loves it as well. Here in NC we have Chick-fil-A, but you're right, the food is much too salty for me. Well, really it's much too salty for anyone. I wish In-N-Out would come out here, but they are very small scale in their growth plan. I think that creates a higher demand for the product. ;D

3. Nathan

Nathan New Member

In 'n' out burger?

& here I was thinking "la grotta" was a little inappropriate.

Never been there, though I generally enjoy burgers. Just not on their way out, or while once out.

4. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

Every chance I get. Which is not often as I live in Sydney...

I'm an atheist but I worship In N Out burger.

5. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Here's some interesting history on the company. (Well, maybe not so interesting, but here it is anyway.)
    http://www.in-n-out.com/history.asp

6. Imnoscientist

Imnoscientist New Member

That IS interesting. I thought they were a modern company re-creating a 1950s feel, but no! They've just stuck to the same high cholesterol/early death/delicious retro recipes.

And there's a location app. Bless. :)

7. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Interesting stuff.

The biggest issue for me in picking a political leader is their stance on abortion. I consider it murder. Every time I look into my adopted kids eyes I thank their mom for makin the decision she did. They are my pride and joy and I often think of the what if she wasn't so strong.

I send her a Christmas card every Christmas via her lawyer.

8. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Ah, everything in moderation - that's the key. ;D

9. Nathan

Nathan New Member

I only read the first two sentences of this thread before I commented.

I now see a second named "Chick-fil-a" which is also a private Christian restaurant.

This is reassuring.

10. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Nate: bingo, located right here in Atlanta.

Truett Kathy: a good man, they are closed on Sundays so his employees can go to church, a day of rest he says.

Love chick fil A

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Food and spirituality go together IMO. I have found much wisdom even on food wrappers and the inside of a Snapple cap or on the paper that wraps burgers. I stopped caring about dogma and dogmatic people some time ago as well as how things should be interpreted. If the words fit for me then I'll take them.

12. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

Love Chick fil A,, as far as I know there are no In-n-out burger restaruants in KY but if there was I would definitely support them, glad to hear there are more Christian businesses out there who are not afraid to speak up!!

13. June-

June- New Member

So are in/out burgers good?

I dont choose people to do business with on their claimed religious, ethnic or social affiliation. For one thing, they often lie. For another I like people of all persuasions. Diversity enhances my life. My spiritual beliefs are an intensely personal matter and not something I would use to draw customers. That said Chick Fil A makes a great lunch.

14. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

June: we should go to lunch together if you ever come to Atlanta.

15. survivedit

survivedit New Member

We hit the In n Out every time we go to southern California. My boys love it.

16. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Ever read a bag of Uncle Ray''s potato chips? Incredible and inspiring. :)

I think those who really follow Christ incorporate Him into every aspect of life - even food. If I had a restaurant I would have Bible verses readily visible and of course good food. I would never turn my back or close the door to anyone of unbelief or of a different belief. You never know when your own testimony can embrace and help another.

17. June-

June- New Member

What really impresses me are those who feed the poor and don't advertise it. There's a saying that a good deed doesn't count if anyone knows about it.

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

they feed their egos when they do that. it makes me chuckle. no need to keep on and on about the good that is done. boggles my mind.

19. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Humility is a virtue not seen by many but often taught and shown by Christ.

20. daBronx

daBronx New Member

They're very good.Much better than McDonalds.They usually place their restaurants near high schools,since children love to eat burgers,fries and a shake.
    Their restaurants like McDonald's are very very busy.