Is Meniere Disease Caused by a Pathological Immune Response?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by james, Apr 25, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Just found this new study--From--International Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
    Vol.3 No.2(2014)

''In conclusion, MD is caused by a complex pathological immune reaction. During the early phase of the immune reaction, one can assume to find high levels of CI complexes, and low hearing threshold level and SP/AP ratio. Later, when the immunological process is subsiding, there comes a worsening of hearing threshold with normalization of EH whereas circulating ICs will be reduced at that time.''

http://file.scirp.org/Html/9-2460173_44272.htm

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Thanks for the post James :)

More evidence pointing to the immune area.

3. nicmger

nicmger New Member

Just found this last night. It would seem to me, that if blood tests for someone are similar to thig then the LDN prescription on a different thread could be an option. Upon research, it appears that LDN needs to be ordered thru a compounding pharmacy in order to be formulated into the low 1mg doses (standard use for that drug is primarily with addicts at 50 mg). That drug appears to have shown significant success for other immune issues like Lupus, MS, Parkinson's etc.

I am going to print this study and make an appointment to talk to my dr.

4. upgrader

upgrader New Member

I think testing LDN on meniers could be huge, its a relatively harmless drug with little side effects but it requires prescription and I don't think many Doctors would prescribe it

5. nicmger

nicmger New Member

Of course most won't prescribe it...heaven forbid they have an open mind and try something? (not sure why they are so reluctant especially in light of the fact that all say "nothing more to be done".)

6. VickiS

VickiS New Member

I'm half way through reading a book on this subject, titled 'The Grain Brain' by neurologist David Perlmutter. It's a real eye opener.