John of Ohio

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Sholly, Jun 6, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Angelea

Angelea New Member

I don't think anyone thinks that remission is the result of some "mystical" or other-worldly occurence. Clearly there is something physically going on that we simply cannot yet explain because we don't yet have a grasp on the basic science of the condition(s). What that something(s) is has yet to be determined with any degree of certainty. Remember, we could be talking about more than one cause that could lead to a very similar set of symptoms.

Certainly some treatments seem to produce undeniable benefit for some people. But until someone does a double-blind, placebo-controlled study of the treatment on the right subset of subjects and the results repeated in subsequent studies, no one can be 100% certain that the treatment in question in fact lead to the results.

In the meantime, we are left to our own devices to experiment and hold on to hope. Wouldn't it be great if science caught up with all of the speculation and we finally knew which treatment would work for which people? In the meantime, we have to be open-minded to all the possibilities, including the chance that in the end we may all be wrong.

2. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Well said Angela,

Until science can prove or disprove a treatment/cure we are all just pissing in the wind.

I find it amazing we know so much but yet so very little. This could effect je ear but may not even originate in the ear.

3. chrisj

chrisj Guest

Bravo!

I think that was the mystical scarecrow John was describing there.... ;)

4. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Bulldogs, you have already given in. According to you, the disease will eventually take your hearing and balance. If you truly believe that, then it is more likely to become true.

This is called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

At least you seem chipper about it.

Good luck, and I sincerely hope that remission comes to visit you and stays a very long time, sincerely.

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Henry it's not a matter of giving in, it a matter of trying everything, including alpha spine (nucca) and seeing no results. From my perspective, injections gave me my life back just as nucca gave you yours.

If someone were to ask me I would say gent, just as you say nucca and John says joh.

At least I know my remission will be forever.

6. Angelea

Angelea New Member

I had to make the choice for destructive procedures so I could have the best possible chance to be a part of my children's lives as they grow up. Everyday I lost to vertigo was a day I also lost with my children. I have no regrets.

7. Kee

Kee Guest

You actually don't know that it is forever. Gents frequently last less than a year or two. Even labys fail 5% of the time. Not to mention you might go bilateral.

8. chrisj

chrisj Guest

lah lah lah

[sticks laser earplugs in ears]

9. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Henry:

so as my medical advisor, what would have been your recommendation--continue to swallow nonregulated pills that were doing me no good or continue seeking nucca treatment at 400.00 a month that was doing me no good. I am 41 so 400 a month, almost 5,000 a year if I live to 80 that would be almost 200,000 over my life doing something that provided no benefit

You and are both business men, I'll keep my 200,000 invest it let it grow for 40 years and leave the 5-6 million to my kids.

What would you medical advice be?

10. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Then why haven't more people on this board experienced spontaneous remission?

Why are the only board members who are currently completely symptom-free people who either had their necks tweaked, who went on JOH's regimen, who had their vitamin deficiencies corrected, or their viral/fungal infections treated?

Why haven't spontaneous remissions occurred in anyone else on this board?

Is it possible that "spontaneous remissions" are actually cases where somebody's immune system might actually be able to control a viral/fungal infection without medication, or where someone starts taking vitamins or eating more healthfully, or where someone starts swimming or exercising in a way that strengthens/stretches the neck muscles in such a way as to self-correct a mild cervical misalignment?

11. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Taxi:

Welcome to the party!!!!

How can you say with a straight face, that those who leave did not have spontaneous remission. People leave for many reasons, spontaneous remission could be one.

Besides you name two people who on this board who were cured with b12 or vitamin d deficiency? I have not seen one person on this board who said they were completly symptoms free from nucca or joh as well.

All the threads I read are asking how manu times should I go back to chiropractor/ nucca before I discontinue. As for joh most threads I read are asking if I should increase a certain vitamin. Irelandman got help from joh, bit he also
    had gent shots. I tend to think gent did the heavy lifting.

Welcme to the party though.

12. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

It's 12:30 and I can't believe I am asking Henry for medical advice, after I have a nightcap I will close the eyes a little Jack and ginger will do it tonight.

13. Kee

Kee Guest

He already knew it. Just didn't want anyone else less informed to be confused into thinking gents were 100% permanently successful.

14. chrisj

chrisj Guest

I think it's very possible that an individual's immune system could achieve this, and extra vitamins and supplements could strengthen the body's immune system. More so in individuals with a deficiency.

But the figures are interesting. The current membership of this board alone is 6432. Ten percent of that is 643. Ninety percent is around 5788. I'm sure that every member of this forum and the other forums around the world has tried at least one of the common treatments.

Even if you discount the people who 'get better', and go away to lead a happy life, human nature dictates that a large proportion of these people would come back and spread the word. But I don't see them. I see a few people with success stories, but not thousands, hundreds, or even fifty. If all the successful people have taken the trouble to contact one or two individuals (to quote the 95% success rate) I'm sure they'd also be happy to share the good news with the wider MD community. But I don't see them.

I can only draw the conclusion that the vast majority still suffer various symptoms on a daily basis. The beast came back. Look at people's tag lines, and see how often the words 'returned' or 'came back' occur.

I would truly like to believe that I could take a pill, or have a wrestle, to bring relief.

Unfortunately, there is neither a Santa Claus (sorry Virginia), nor an Easter Bunny.

Cheers all,

Chris

15. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

If 50% of those diagnosed with Meniere's are supposed to experience remission within two years of doing nothing, why don't we see those kinds of numbers on this board?

Why aren't 50%-or any, for that matter--coming back and telling us to be patient and wait it out, it'll go into remission soon and then everything will be fine, etc?

16. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

For the record, I have dozens upon dozens of people who have privately reported to me in emails that my regimen has brought total and enduring symptomatic relief. Like others who likewise gained symptomatic relief from other therapies, conventional and alternative, these people now have normal lives and have no reason whatsoever to post anything on a Meniere's website, as Meniere's is now irrelevant.

Personally, I haven't had a Meniere's symptom since I went off my regimen for a period in 2002. Remission, or regimen-controlled relief? My experience in 2002 directly points at the efficacy of the regimen. I have numerous accounts from others who have likewise gained regimem-induced relief, went off the regimen to have symptoms recur, followed by resumed relief upon resumption of the regimen.

This is strong, frequent, and replicated evidence that the regimen accounts for symptomatic relief, not some random "remission" of an unknown mechanism or process.

--John of Ohio

17. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

These [in bold] are your beliefs, but they are based solely upon your experiences, such experiences you allude to, either accurately or inaccurately, in your writings.

I do not begrudge anyone who suffers these symptoms from trying anything and everything that might help. I advise least invasive first, more invasive next, and then most invasive as a last resort.
    Far be it from me to give medical advice. But parenthetically, regarding accuracy, anyone who reads what you wrote above would likely come away thinking that you underwent NUCCA because you had Meniere's symptoms. But that's really not the case, is it? Previously you tell us you underwent NUCCA at Dr. Friedman's office, 'several years ago, maybe 10-15 times.' Why did you go? Did you have an accident? Back pain? I ask that because at the time you saw Dr. Friedman, several years ago, you could not have known anything about the connections with Meniere's I write about. And previously you tell me that you never saw my chiropractor. But above you tell me that you did, at alpha spine, off Windward Parkway. Alpha Spine is not off Windward, although one could take a circuitous route and get there. Why did you go to whatever clinic you went to off Windward? It was likely not Meniere's symptoms and I think folks who consider your remarks ought to be advised of that and specifically the timing of your courses of treatment.

Now I am not concerned whether you did or didn't do anything you say you did or didn't do. But what interests me is that the folks who read what you write about the treatments you say you have tried get an accurate understanding of your true experiences. That is because folks rely on what they read, if they believe that what they read is accurate. So because your posts could easily mislead someone who reads them, I point these things out to insure accuracy of their understanding, at least to the extent that you have allowed us to know.

And I sincerely hope that your remission lasts forever. I hope my upper cervical does not degenerate over the next however many years and allow Meniere's symptoms to return. I hope, and pray, for each of us, and all of us, to pursue the course that is best for us. But I also hope and pray that folks will be forthcoming about what their true experiences are. For only if they do can others receive full benefit of their experiences, and benefit from the knowledge they have gained from those experiences.

18. chrisj

chrisj Guest

Hello John,

That's largely my point. Of the thousands of people across the world who have tried vitamins and supplements, you have dozens upon dozens of responses. I'd have expected thousands upon thousands, in the context of a 95 or 98% success rate. I'm sure that not every success is reported to you though.

I'm interested as to whether you track the progress of your respondents. How long do they remain symptom free?

Cheers,

Chris

19. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

Henry:

I went to dr. Friedman a xouplenyears ago because of mm symptoms .

I was then recommended to alpha spine since it was a short trip as u was living in country club of Georgia, Lake Windward to be exact, and less Han a mile from alpha spine and went for my initial consultation, got some treatment and found out your doctor at alpha spine was not, I repeat not fully Nucca certified at the time. He was in the process, but not fully certified.

The only fully certified Nucca doctor in the Atlanta area is Dr Friedman, as he teaches some classes at Life Chiropractoc college.

So Henry, as of last year, your dr was not truly fully certified, he was in te process of getting certified, this accoring to Dr Friedman at Alternatove Health.

20. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

the hearing inn my bad ear has been returning. is it the weather? or is it that I stopped eating fish for over a month.