Kart wheel vertigo starting

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by cherylmcgr, Apr 25, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

Hello All,
    I have a new vertigo it feel like i am doing kart wheels. So now I am spinning like a merry go round sometimes then doing kart wheels at other. I have a DR wed to see what going on. This is causing vertigo almost 4 times a week now after being fairly good for 6 months. The ear pressure is constant in both ears. I am bilateral with headaches which are almost daily now. I am on topamax to prevent them but that stopped working. I was feeling so good for a while I think I thought I was in burnout. Just venting cause I have had sac surgery in both ears, dex shots, gent shots, I do not know what other options are out there. Thanks for listening.

2. nicmger

nicmger New Member

Cheryl - I have "only" had 3-4 episodes of the cart week vertigo and it was the WORST. To me it was very scary and it was going so fast if I had not already been sitting down, I am sure I would have ended up on the ground...not that I would have been able to figure out if I was up or down. I am so sorry that you have this issue!!! People here have told me that the cart wheel vertigo is the start of burnout.

Yesterday there was a thread about low dose naltodexen (spelling) and in the low dose (needs to be compounded by a pharmacy) it is supposed to build immunity. There is a theory (which I would agree with) that Meniere's is an immune system issue. If that is the case, perhaps you could ask your doctor about trying it. I read up about it and it is typically use to help addicts recover but that is at a high 50mg dosages. The LDN is in the 1mg dose taken before bedtime (supposedly when your immunity is working the best).

Others here have started the Stephen Spring protocol. If you can get your doctor on board with that, it appears to be an option (good or bad, for you to decide - but at least an option).

Good luck.

3. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

how long do those attacks last?

4. FadedRose

FadedRose New Member

I really hope it is the beginning of burnout for you. I had one of the worst, longest, vertigo attacks ever, the cartwheel kind, almost six years ago and haven't had vertigo of any kind since.

Let us know what the doc said.

5. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

Thanks for the input I hope this is a sign of burnout. The cart wheel does not last long. I go to DR on Wed so I will get answers.

6. nicmger

nicmger New Member

Hopefully your doctor has a better response. When I told mine about the cart wheel vertigo last year he simply said "really". LOL Not a help! I will say that since those, my vertigo attacks have not been as frequent or as long, but they always start more sudden (no extra pressure or ringing) and a lot of times start with a big jolt...almost like someone hits me, I physically move forward or to the side depending on where the "hit" comes from. (First time it happened I was at work and it hit me forward and out of my mouth came "oh shi.t". LOL Not appropriate work language.) Good luck at your doctor. Keep us posted!

7. yanksgirl

yanksgirl New Member

No fun! As I posted elsewhere here-I had the 'cartwheel' which I think is a form of 'drop attack', while leaving the hospital and sitting in a wheelchair! 2 nurses and my husband kept me from being thrown completely to the floor. Did bruise my shoulder on the chair and was kept overnight as a precaution. As I said--no fun. Never had it again--hope I never do! The scariest type of vertigo of all I think! :(

8. cherylmcgr

cherylmcgr New Member

I went to the DR he said it was a different balance nerve affected that causes this not burnout. I am kinda scared I do not like these at all. Thanks everyone.

9. GLA

GLA New Member

The doctors are FAR from always right when it comes to MM. Hang in there....there will be better days in your future.