Learn to Hit the Curveball

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by apablasa, Nov 17, 2012.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. apablasa

apablasa New Member

I found out I had Meniere's three weeks ago. Here are my thoughts on dealing with it...It's my latest blog post called "When life throws you a curveball." If you're interested in can be found on my website, www.theother999rooms.com. It's a site built on the premise that we are born into a house with a thousand rooms, but only live in one. This site is about the Other 999 Rooms: Reinventing Your Life One Room At A Time. Best of luck on your journey.

2. wonderin

wonderin New Member

I'm just stepping into your expansive house! But then, I've been stepping through my own for years now, never stopping to think that others might be there too. Wonder what room that is. :) I love your style of writing and your underlying philosophy. Do you know that it was Menieres that first led me to step out of that solitary room, with walls so thick and closing in. Who knew what was out there!!! I found a way to resolve my Meniere's symptoms in about room... goodness only knows ... but it was a long way away from that old, confining space. I realised that all the stress I had ever experienced, even when I moved into other rooms, still hung in there. It wasn't until I discovered how to let all of that go that I found how to heal myself. Anyway, I doubt Menieres will get too strong a grip on you like it did me as you will be keen to learn from it. It's a spinout to realise we can resolve it in the simplest, yet perhaps most hidden, room of all. Best wishes Bill. Lee.

3. wonderin

wonderin New Member

Room 3!! That's why I choose my forum name. Wondering and wandering.

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

It's a really great blog and idea. Thanks for bringing attention to it, Lee :)

5. wonderin

wonderin New Member

It is great isn't it Intrepid! My first thought was to go straight to the rooms I thought I'd be 'good' at. Then I realised that was me being stuck in my initial room! haha

Bill, not sure if you're still around but the one tricky part for me was that I wanted to 'catch up', so instead of sitting in each room, I'd say "That was cool, wonder what the next room's like?" Tapping into the concept but not the experience - which is your whole point. I want to say hello, wander, change my shampoo, look for orange and read Rumi all at the same time... and keep reading!! Any room about that?

The more I read this, the more I love it. Thanks.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I do too.

His writing comes from a very authentic place. The goal is not to impress but to involve and include. I appreciate his sincerity and ability to hone in on human nature so well.