Let's all get paranoid

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Intrepid, Oct 5, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

2. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Where do you draw the line between healthy skepticism and paranoia? I have seen how surgery can really screw a person up. I will do most anything to avoid surgery as a result, even live with whatever I might have surgery for. So am I paranoid of having surgery?

Others have their experiences. You have yours. You are extremely skeptical against chiropractic. Yet you agree it is helped others who suffer the same or similar symptoms you do. So are you paranoid of chiropractic? I expect that paranoia manifests when whatever one's concern, in the end, would not bring about the result one fears. But one never knows. We have to keep in mind, it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

3. GreatfulTed

GreatfulTed New Member

Now the flu shots....people beware, you could die from them or get bad diseases as after effects, or worse autism, or neurological problems from mercury poisoning.

I posted the flu shot question, sorry that it upset you so bad.
    I am just a plain ol country boy, not the brightest bulb in the box
    I have not been dealing with this for 10 years.
    the whole idea of this page is to learn.
    I am not yet an authority like you are, I will be the first to say I am as dumb as a box of rocks and the only way for me to learn is to ask.
    do not see asking a question as paranoia or lack of common sense just a desire to learn about MM.
    If the flu shot is a trigger for MM I will not take it. The only way for me to find out is to ask.
    I am not supposed to see my doc again until thursday, I have to get the flu shot today if I am going to get one.
    I have done everything from sky diving to scuba diving and everything in between (have the pictures and the t-shirt to prove it) and would like to try some more.
    Try to live my life to the fullest but I cannot do that if I am lying on my back or hugging a commode with my world spinning around me.
    Please tell me Where would you suggest that I go to or turn before 1:00 today? That is when I have to go to get my shot.
    Did not mean to upset you, like everyone else on this forum is trying to do, I am just trying to learn.

4. June-

June- New Member

Well you made me feel better. As a confirmed one per center in the medical area, in recent years I haven't ruled anything out because it isn't common. Nothing I suffer from is common or so it seems. On the other hand, it is good to realize all the things that haven't gotten me! So, when trying to figure out what is causing the ailment I have already, everything is on the table to be considered no matter who laughs. But as for things I don't have that I *might* get, I don't worry much. That is one of the few pluses of age. You don't have to worry about the long term effects of things.

Unless of course you count washing my hands a bunch of times when I cook with chicken. If you ever had food poisoning ...

5. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

6. June-

June- New Member

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a brave man dies but one."

7. klauss

klauss New Member

The brave are always the first to die.

Anywho, i am paranoid about a ferw things, getting stung by a bee is one after in could have killed me once. Call me a coward but i really dont want to relice that experience again. They talk about removing the cyst from my head as afinal solution, little worried about that one. I have known several people who have had brain operations and they have come out worse for it. So that makes me a little jittery. Every one has fears, some legitimate some not. All of it just depends on the type of person you are and how you handle yours.

8. June-

June- New Member

I am allergic to bees (yellow jackets). I used to be afraid of that. I think that (fear) attracts them. Now I just don't walk through ankle deep grass with no shoes and socks. I had brain surgery and even though it went well if you told me I would have to do it again I would not like it. But I don't think about it unless and until it is likely. I am not brave, I just don't dwell. I think part of that is age. I used to have a better memory than I do now.

Good luck with the cyst. Do lots of homework about who you have do the surgery if you have to have it in the end.

9. acujen

acujen New Member

GreatfulTed, don't get it.

10. acujen

acujen New Member

June, please, please, please tell me the secret to not dwelling. I am a dweller. A big one. My dream would be to say, "Let's cross that bridge when we get to it." and actually mean it. (Mind you, the dwelling is mainly around the MM.) Words of wisdom?

11. June-

June- New Member

Those old country boys are smart, they just don't let on.

Ted, I think it varies depending on how people react to shots of this kind generally. There is a lot of opinion one way and t'other about all immunizations and a lot of people have fixed opinions that they are good or bad without regard to mm so sometimes people's reactions are colored by that.

They bother me but i don't think it is relative to my cochlear hydrops. I ask myself if the shot bothers my ears this much how will full scale flu affect them?
    Last week, I got the flu shot. It didn't bother my ears a bit but my arm had a lot of pain shoulder clear down to wrist. Last year I got the shot and I had mild flu like symptoms the night of the shot. My husband never gets any reaction whatsoever. I think I probably have an issue with eggs that they are cultured in and that is why I get these weird reactions but I don't know.

12. June-

June- New Member

Honestly, age and the forgetfulness that comes with it help more than anything. But beyond that, ask the question, is what I am dwelling on within my sphere of influence? If yes, then do what you should do, if no, then get over it and free up your brain to do something useful for yourself, your family or your community. Being physically active helps too. I do take a strict, no sympathy for obsessions, attitude towards myself. I don't coddle myself in that regard or I would be a basket case.

13. acujen

acujen New Member

June- my image of you is as a young 30 or 40-somthing-year-old. Am I mistaken? I admire your anti-coddling stance. Don't come across many people like that. It's much easier to walk in fear, wouldn't you say? Were you in the military?

14. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

love it!
    & where do we reaed the nassmann posts. were they errased? (erasing, bah!) & on another site 2 people were banned for harrassment, & the site has gone nearly dark. we need the paranoids, if that's what they are, to carry the threads along.); I never fly, never thought of legionier's disease, though I always got a rhino virus when I flew, & now none for nearly 10 years, but many survive a car accident, (I don;t drive either) but few survife a plane accicent, to say nothing of the terror of the thought.
    right on, henry, re surgery!! & I include with this dental surgery.

15. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Paranoia is unfounded fear. So if the fear is well founded, it wasn't paranoia. They really were out to get you.

16. bertito

bertito The greatest composer who ever lived.

I know I'm not paranoid or schizophrenic or both axis combined, nor have I've seen paranoia on this board. The paranoia you referred to, deals with real life possibilities which ocur during our life time. With all due respect, if you experience paranoic behavior, then reality may appear distorted.

17. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

I just checked. No they are still there, and sort of funny, reading from back to front.

18. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I would like to request that you retract your post, and add an apology to those whom you have wronged with your words.

Many of us here on this board have suffered severe adverse effects from flu shots; you accuse us of paranoia. You ascribe paranoia to those of us who have suffered, as well as those of us who have held our babies hours after vaccination, watching them seize, watching them sink into coma, watching them have SEVERE ADVERSE REACTIONS. Worse, you dismiss those who HAVE developed autism, neurological problems, and death from mercury poisoning.

CBS reports that nearly 1300 cases of vaccine-caused brain damage have been compensated in US vaccine court.

The CDC estimates that only 1-10% of severe adverse effects of vaccines ever get reported to VAERS, and that only 1-10% of THOSE cases ever make it to vaccine court.

You do the math.

19. June-

June- New Member

I know you are speaking tongue in cheek, but just for clarification, there are dangers that are real but not there in an attempt to 'get you' or me or anyone. Just because someone does not put my needs above theirs does not mean they are out to get me. Just because they are focused on the 98% and not the 2% does not mean they are out to get me even though I seem to always be falling in the 2%. THinking of risks as people out to get me is paranoia and leads to faulty conclusions and 'solutions' that don't work. Thinking of risks as risks and attempting to mitigate them is good sense and leads to fewer problems for us.

My house might burn down if I leave a bunch of oily rags in the attic. That's not the cloth manufacturers out to get me, that's a risk that I can mitigate.

20. joy

joy New Member

And being completely aware of your surroundings when you leave a store or etc. in the evening & not many people are around is common sense, not paranoia. Sometimes people confuse the two. Like the old west gun slinger who'd never sit with his back to the door. Common sense or paranoia? If I never fly in an airplane again, I'll never die in an airplane crash. Common sense or paranoia?