Let's all get paranoid

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Intrepid, Oct 5, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. mrdizzy

mrdizzy New Member

I just found out that everyone is out to get me and I didnt know it either. I found out when I did acid last week.

2. crunches1

crunches1 New Member

Hello All.

I don't think we suffer from being paranoid. Of course the marrying of so many perspectives into this single forum tends to suggest that one person has sooooo many fears; however, I don't think that's the case. I think that we are all trying to help each other as best we can with suggestions, readings and other opportunities that might exist whereby we may be able to assist someone else with their sufferings. Even the JOH regimen has been changed to support new information and potential facts as they became available; likewise, as we grow and try new things that might help with our MM, MAV and/or other symptions and health issues, certainly this forum should reflect the growth we are making, which I believe, is the 'paranoia'.

It seems to be an act of kindness to share what we learn. As one member posted in a separate thread, one does wonder how many people tend to get better and not return to share how they got better with the rest of us. I think that's all we are trying to do here--return and share with the rest of us what we try, what works, what doesn't work, and we share new information that becomes available. I think it's great and I don't think it's paranoia in any form because I learned that some doctors are even recommending similar remedies to their patients that are found here in these forums. I know this is just my perspective but I appreciate every single person who takes the time to post comments, recommendations, suggestions, and new information about MM, MAV, and other ailments--who knows what is making us this way? I believe the sharing of information is the only way we are going to learn--it's like going to college...ya know?

Take care All.

3. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

It's my middle name................Miami Paranoid Dolfan.

4. Seadog

Seadog Ambidextrous dumb-ass with out coffee

Good acid will do that to you.

5. Titus

Titus New Member

Sarita,

I get what you're saying. I think there are two other things that have been increasing on this board over the past few years. The first is DRAMA. I think many people are energized and thrive on drama. Daily challenges become distorted. Other drama seekers fuel the fire by enabling the poster with sympathy and advice. The other trend is every thread becomes a pissing contest of wit, knowledge, and even bullying.

There is good news and I found it right here. Now that I'm on fuckitall, I never worry :D

6. burd

burd New Member

"Self-destroyer, wreck your health
    Destroy your friends, destroy yourself
    The time device of self-destruction
    Light the fuse and start eruptin'

Paranoia, the destroyer
    (And it goes like this)..."

7. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

No, it is NOT obvious that your posts are about your own perspective, not when your posts carry accusations of paranoia against those with experiences other than yours.

When we write for the internet, we often DO have to make disclaimers; what seems obvious to us as we write something might take a whole different meaning in another's eyes.

8. tm53

tm53 New Member

ROFLMAO

9. vikinggal011

vikinggal011 New Member

I try not to let that get to me; there better be a lot of legit studies and there aren't a lot. Most important thing I can and everybody can do for themselves is a. eat a healthful diet and b. exercise. If we did both of those things we can avoid MOST deadly chronic diseases.

For example; there was a study saying that taking a calcium and vitamin D supplements in addition to a diet low in fat do not reduce the risk for osteoperosis. The test subjects didn't even comply with the low fat diet so the whole experiment was invalid. But the media reports it as valid.

Intrepid just ask yourself; is the experiment vaild, did they account for everything, and is there more than one experiment providing this as valid? Ask yourself this and you won't be paranoid. And always remember correleation does not equal causation! :)

10. barnyardbird

barnyardbird Guest

I better call my mortician and make sure when I'm dead not to nail my coffin shut(why the hell do they nail coffins shut anyways?).Oh wait,LOL,what am I talking about,I'm getting cremated!

11. June-

June- New Member

Henry, if that happens to you, please talk to your family and have them take you to get professional help right away. That is pretty much how it starts out for people who are paranoid and sadly, they often do terrible things.

12. highway

highway New Member

is this otc or does one need an rx?

13. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

It just did, and I will try to control my urges.

14. jabber

jabber New Member

OMG!!!! Sarita you're bang on here, and you too Kim with your post. I'll be 71 yrs old in another 4 months, raised 5 kids, have 7 grand kids and 4 great grand kids with #5 on the way and I'll guarantee anyone that I didn't make it this far by worrying over theleast little thing that came along or being paranoid about anything. You hope for the best and cope with the rest...
    That's life.....
    Loretta

15. Titus

Titus New Member

Hey Loretta, best wishes for #5. I love that "hope for the best and cope with the rest."

.....and if that doesn't work.....I just pop a Xanax and forget about the worry :D

16. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Wait, are you calling Jim a bastard? Or am I being paranoid?

17. jim1884again

jim1884again advocating baldness be recognized as a disability

Henry,

In the circumstances you describe, if they really could occur, I guess it would be those external forces we can't objectify, measure or prove, rather than paranoia--so no, they would not be paranoid

Kim Titus

I believe the correct spelling of the elixir is fukitol, not fuckitall, unless the one you are spelling is a generic about which I am not aware

and Wino, yes, I am a bastard, or a bastardization of something, but Sarita means that in a colloquial sense rather than a legal sense (my parents were wed, unhappily, long before I was born)

18. June-

June- New Member

I think you are just kidding around but unfortunately it is likely that someone on this forum is dealing with real paranoia, really thinking they are getting instructions from God about who is out to get them. These situations often end tragically and sometimes family members don't realize it is for real til too late. That's why I gave that serious answer.

19. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

Doesn't likely apply, my bootee! :D A group of adults are obsessing over who is and who is not paranoid. There's a psychology of some sort driving that.

I realize I'm coming into this discussion rather late, but I've been busy.

I think we need to define terms. What is being characterized as paranoid, actually is not. It seems to me that the people who have contributed to this thread are actually expressing cautious, not paranoid behaviors. And I think these behaviors are born out of reasonable concerns, not fear.

If you wash your hands before meals, after a trip to the bathroom, after handling meats and whenever your hands are dirty - that's good hygiene, not obsession. It is not unusual to use a sanitary wipe on a shopping cart handle if a cold or flu exacerbates MM symptoms. If you wear surgical gloves to avoid touching anything because it might have germs on it, that's obsessive behavior, unless you are a transplant patient or your immune system is otherwise compromised. If you think the store manager is plotting with the cashiers to put germs on your shopping cart handle in order to make you sick, that's paranoia. If the germs on the shopping cart handle tell you to kill the scheming store manager and cashiers, that's psychosis.

The original post is flawed at the outset. Sarita is mischaracterizing people as paranoid, when they are engaging in behaviors that are reasonable for people with health concerns. And again she's generalizing, lumping together various reasonable treatments and equating them with behaviors that are outside of the norm.

So if you take megadoses of vitamin D, or you engage in reasonable hygiene, you're just like the person who fears getting sepsis. NUCCA treatments = tin foil hat. ::)

Let's not be bothered by the accumulating research that indicates a corollary between mega doses of vitamin D and the reduction of various diseases. My current ENT prescribes high doses of vitamin D supplements to his MM patients. He also prescribes b 12 to us. He also prescribes a variation on John of Ohio's treatment. Nope. He's not a snake oil salesman, doesn't wear a tin foil hat; he's a board certified ENT.

If you look at that long list of phobias, you would in fact believe that a person who spends his day obsessing over those things is a bit disturbed. But that's not the case here. Some people at this forum take mega doses of vitamin D (me), some do not. Some get the flu vaccine faithfully each year; some do not (me). Some have been treated for mercury and aluminum toxicity (me), some have not. Some have been NUCCA'd (me); some have not. Some have tried treatments for candida (me); some have not. Some wear tin foil hats (not me - anymore - due to the aluminum toxicity thing); some do not. Some have had inner ear surgery (me); some have not. Some are undergoing vestibular rehab. (me-as prescribed by the same ENT that prescribed the vitamin D, etc.); some are not. Some hear germs talking to them; some do not.

Frankly, I don't see what concern it is of anyone what treatment options and decisions are made by others. As long as the germs aren't telling anyone to kill people, why worry? Allow people to make their own decisions, Sarita. They'll learn something along the way. And what they learn may help you.

I have to get some rest in order to face those germy students and those germy books tomorrow. Now, where did I put those surgical gloves?

btw Jim: Hank owns the word 'condign;' having used it over 7 times in one reply. I think we have to get written permission from him before we can use the word again. Having just used it, Ill need retroactive permission. :)

20. Daize

Daize New Member

LMAO!!!

Awesome #5 and my mom always said, you hope for the best and cope with the rest..that's life. You are very common sense lady as my mom was ♥♥