Lunch meats replacement ideas?

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by dancing_kiwi1986, Jan 27, 2014.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dancing_kiwi1986

dancing_kiwi1986 New Member

As many of you know, cooking when your dizzy is no piece of cake. However, easy meal solutions such as canned soups, frozen meals, and lunch meat are incredibly high in sodium. I want to create my own lunch meats, but because I am on weight watchers, I want the lunch meat to be as healthy as possible. If I were able to eat sodium, I could eat 4 slices of healthy, semi-thick ham and not have it count too much toward my weight watchers. I want to be able to recreate this using raw, uncured meat that I can carve myself and freeze. Does anyone have any suggestions. I do this all of the time with roasted chicken...but I have never tried it with pork...I don't really even have one single question I am asking. I suppose I am just lost at how to start doing this. The cut of meat I need to buy, the recipes I need to use when cooking them, how thinly I need to slice them...should I have an electric carving knife? Any advice any of you could give me would be incredibly helpful! Thanks so much! ;D