Meniere's and Osteopaths, a post from Duncan

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by Finch Platte, Sep 26, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

This is very interesting. I started NUCCA treatments in the US over Christmas and have an appointment with Heid Grant in March as there are no NUCCA's in Sweden.There are lots of osteopaths here.Would probably be a lot cheaper for me to get treated here.The NUCCA I saw in Michigan told me I could check out osteopaths or cranial sacral therapy.

My question is what is the difference in manipulation techniques between a regular chiropractor and osteopath.I'm assuming an osteopath manipulation is much more gentle?Compared to a traditional chiro?

In the past I have seen lots on chiros who have helped me.Again I have never found one in Sweden that I trust and being older and having the MM I don't want a violent adjustment to my spine.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

2. backlandba

backlandba New Member

Hi James:

I would recommend the osteopathic treatment - some, like mine, also do the cranial therapies as well. What's the difference? Well, pretty much eveything. It depends on what the osteo diagnosis is. They treat the "whole body" and not just the Upper Cervical, as my NUCCA does. I believe that my neck problems are compounded by the rest of my spinal problems - I have very forward tilting hips and pelvis and it just throws the entire body off. The treatments are not violent.

My suggestion would be to call a few, ask them if they treat patients with Meniere's symptoms and go from there. Please remember this treatment takes time.My osteo always says "there is no map for this". But I have experienced very good results - a reduction of the tinnitus and fullness, a very slow return of some of my hearing on the left side, and generally, a bettter sense that I am healthy and feeling good.

So try, get an assessment, and let me know how it goes?

Songbird

3. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Thanks Songbird,

I asked the same question on the NUCCA thread.I will check it out.

4. sianybee

sianybee New Member

hi this is very interesting to read

a few years ago before my symptoms began I fell and displaced my coccyx , it now feels twisted to one side and sometimes after a lot of walking it does still ache, I just wondered if this misalignment could have anything to do with my symptoms? I am not sure it can be rectified through