New article published in "Hearing Health" on Menieres Disease

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by solari, Apr 12, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. motheroffive

motheroffive New Member

Thank you so much for writing this article it will help my family
    & friends understand what I'm going throught.This has been an incredible year my life is forever altered due to Menieres. No matter what comes my way I will say thank you Lord!

2. LisaMarie

LisaMarie Scuba Diving in Key West

Thanks you, that was great.

3. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Hey Ray,
    Just read the article. Very nicely put. Not the kind of personal stuff we share with each other but a big hit for people who just don't get/understand it. It was good of you to talk about your own experience and how you've gotten to a real functioning place in life. I hope your business is still thriving and your life is as full as when you wrote it. I'm still in the 'have to' stage of the disease. Not much out there I 'want to' do that doesn't have me dealing with the consequences of this damn disease.
    Hope lingers on and there are good days too so, like you, I can only do the best with each day as it comes.
    holly

4. sidneyburnz

sidneyburnz New Member

Can someone help me, I don't know how to post a topic on here?!

5. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Go to 'home', hit 'meniers' talk forum', go to 'your living room' (for example), upper right hand corner has tabs, one of those tabs reads 'new topic' press that one. now have some fun!!!
    holly

6. mistyblue

mistyblue New Member

Hi Ray and everyone else on the site, this is my first entry. So just finding my way around, but was so amazed to read your article Ray because it literally 'says it all'. I'm in the mouth of the monster at the moment, have been on and off now for 5 weeks solid and really feeling blue. After 10 years of this awful disorder it never ceases to amaze me that each time I think it cant get worse, it does just that.

I agree totally with you when you say that the only way to deal with it, is to not give in and how I try !.

My cluster of attacks can last anything from a week to 8 months. So I will take the time now to read around the site and get to know my fellow sufferers, slowly and hopefully pickup lots of hints and suggestions to help.

But be sure your article will be passed to my family and friends, as it explains more than I probably have been able to explain to them over the last decade.
    Thanks again.

7. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Hi Misty,
    Glad you found your way here. There's so much to learn, talk and laugh about and we're always here even when you're sick for a week or two! =)

8. widdlewabbit

widdlewabbit New Member

i enjoyed that article very much!
    thanks so much for writing it to educate outsiders to what its like inside our world.

9. thelm4571

thelm4571 New Member

WOW! What a great article. My 9 year old daughter was diagnosed a year ago and this has given me even more insight into what she goes through everyday.

10. drburcon

drburcon New Member

Thank you for taking the time to write!

11. SheilaG

SheilaG New Member

I am new to the site but not new to the rollercoaster ride of Menieres Disease-I just suffered a recent attack while on vacation and your article says it all - I try not to let this control my life in between attacks - but am glad I found this group where maybe I can get some support and help to manage "the beast" as Larry said - I'd also like to be a source of support if needed for who knows better than those of us who are challenged by this disease. Thanks for a great article.

12. jackson2009

jackson2009 New Member

Thank you for this article!! I always have profound deaf and recent learn of this..

13. Lthomps12002

Lthomps12002 New Member

Thanks for the article Ray and for starting this forum. Newly diagnosised and looking on the internet to get more info. Great to find this. My 18 year old son asked me yesterday when I would be "cured". Hard to imagine never being cured, but grateful that there is support out there as I try out different things.

14. FanofFinz

FanofFinz New Member

Great article. Sounds so much like me right now.

15. arnie

arnie New Member

Wow so appreciated your article. Mine has recently increased activity though not as serve as when it first started but the after effects are almost as bad. My husband and I are going to make some changes to live with this better. Work is understanding but I'm concerned MM could hold me back so trying to figure out best combo that will work for me. Anyway thank-you for sharing it helps to know "yes I can". Arnie

16. melliecharm

melliecharm New Member

ty for sharing...well done.

17. Bob1613

Bob1613 New Member

I just joined today, but have been dealing with Meniere's for several months. Thank you for the article and thank you all for having a support network I can turn to.

18. mcdizzy

mcdizzy "Now Who's the Dumbass Dumbass"

Welcome Bob. Sorry you have Menieres but you came to the right place.
    There is a wealth of information and caring people here. : )

19. judimz

judimz New Member

Thanks, I have read that before and even sent a copy to my doc for his other Menieres patients to read. It was uplifting!

20. JLR39

JLR39 New Member

Hi Ray! What a great article. Would you mind if I copied it? I belong to a hard of hearing group and would like to add it to our website.
    Jacquie